Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #15
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
So will these work on my '14 ZL1? I'd like something like these for my track days
I don't believe they will as I asked the same question earlier. I have a front installed but need a rear hook. I have been pulled out of the dirt before you need external hooks.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
YES, they will work on the ZL1 all we do is give you a plug for the front grill. We will have them next week.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
I know this is in the Z/28 section, but my '14 has the tow hook mount location on the front. I have been looking at these on Amazon, but wanted to know how to install it without taking off the bumper.

Also for some of us at shows, a bracket that screws into this receiver location for a front plate mount is a good idea also. Can use the tow hook for racing/towing and a different screw in bracket for the front plate driving to or from the track/show in states that require them. Just a thought.

I am interested in the one for the front though. If I don't have to remove the bumper to do it. Do you sell singles?

Thanks!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #18
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
I know this is in the Z/28 section, but my '14 has the tow hook mount location on the front. I have been looking at these on Amazon, but wanted to know how to install it without taking off the bumper.

Also for some of us at shows, a bracket that screws into this receiver location for a front plate mount is a good idea also. Can use the tow hook for racing/towing and a different screw in bracket for the front plate driving to or from the track/show in states that require them. Just a thought.

I am interested in the one for the front though. If I don't have to remove the bumper to do it. Do you sell singles?

Thanks!
You DO NOT have to remove the front or rear fascia or (bumper) to install the front or rear tow hooks. The front receiver and grill door is to the right side and not in the front, would you want the plate to be to one side?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #19
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Plate to one side mounted to a tow hook receiver since it already has the space would be nice to sve putting holes in the grill or facia. May not be for everyone though. Just some thought.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Skylane765

We now have the tow hooks in colors and on our web site now. www.zl1addons.com
Old 08-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #21
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
even if you do not track the car...a must have.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #22
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
YES, they will work on the ZL1 all we do is give you a plug for the front grill. We will have them next week.
Hey John,

So when I order for my '14 ZL1 it will come with the plug I need? If so I'll get an order in ASAP and will I still be in your system from when I ordered the jack pads? It's not working with my email in the log in.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #23
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Hey John,

So when I order for my '14 ZL1 it will come with the plug I need? If so I'll get an order in ASAP and will I still be in your system from when I ordered the jack pads? It's not working with my email in the log in.
We made a new website, so you will not be in there. You can just email your order and yes it comes with 2 plugs one extra if you need it. We also have oversize plugs if you do need them. You are in Canada! The postage is $10 extra.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
flash389

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Manual Coupe
I would greatly appreciate an actual video or step by step pictures of how these ZL1 add-on tow hooks are installed, either by the provider or end user if anyone has these. The directions are lacking at best IMO, and I'm not taking a drill to the front or rear bumper of my car without something better than hand drawn sketches for guidance.

Last edited by flash389; 07-14-2016 at 07:49 AM.
flash389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #25
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Agree with Flash. I bought the kit for my 2014 1LE, but am not really sure which of the nuts to use behind the front bumper support, the one included with the tow hook, or the nut welded to the gray bar? Also, don't really see the purpose for the set screw with the front tow hook, since the flange isn't included with either front tow hook nuts. Help?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #26
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash389 View Post
I would greatly appreciate an actual video of how these tow hooks are installed, either by the provider or end user. The directions are lacking at best IMO, and I'm not taking a drill to front or rear of my car without something better than hand drawn sketches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Agree with Flash. I bought the kit for my 2014 1LE, but am not really sure which of the nuts to use behind the front bumper support, the one included with the tow hook, or the nut welded to the gray bar? Also, don't really see the purpose for the set screw with the front tow hook, since the flange isn't included with either front tow hook nuts. Help?
If you have experience using power tools and are familiar with simple drilling procedures, installing the front tow-hook is really quite simple. The two holes to drill through the front bumper are 1. - the larger hole is for the tow hook access and 2. - the smaller hole is for holding the receiver in place. You should have received a template to mark the locations on the crash bar to drill both holes (behind the little square trap door of the bottom grill)

The nut welded to gray bar goes behind the front crash bar.

All you need to remove is the 3 screws in the wheel well as directed in the instructions and to make it a little easier, there are two screws ( I think they are 10mm socket, if not 7mm) by the splitter to be removed to move the wheel well out a little more. You should remove these screws after you have drilled your holes in the crash bar (behind the grill) so then you will see where to place the receiver with the light shining through those holes that were made when looking through the wheel well in the opening of the crash bar. Should take you less than a half-hour to complete that aspect of it. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 07-13-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #27
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
If you have experience using power tools and are familiar with simple drilling procedures, installing the front tow-hook is really quite simple. The two holes to drill through the front bumper are 1. - the larger hole is for the tow hook access and 2. - the smaller hole is for holding the receiver in place. You should have received a template to mark the locations on the crash bar to drill both holes (behind the little square trap door of the bottom grill)

The nut welded to gray bar goes behind the front crash bar.

All you need to remove is the 3 screws in the wheel well as directed in the instructions and to make it a little easier, there are two screws ( I think they are 10mm socket, if not 7mm) by the splitter to be removed to move the wheel well out a little more. You should remove these screws after you have drilled your holes in the crash bar (behind the grill) so then you will see where to place the receiver with the light shining through those holes that were made when looking through the wheel well in the opening of the crash bar. Should take you less than a half-hour to complete that aspect of it. Hope this helps.
Thanks, BadAss, that does help! I just couldn't be sure how that gray bar was used, since another Nyloc nut was already on the front tow hook. Really appreciate the assistance!!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:20 AM   #28
PJMZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash389 View Post
I would greatly appreciate an actual video or step by step pictures of how these ZL1 add-on tow hooks are installed, either by the provider or end user if anyone has these. The directions are lacking at best IMO, and I'm not taking a drill to the front or rear bumper of my car without something better than hand drawn sketches for guidance.
I agree. A detailed video or pics would make my purchase decision a lot easier.