Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechguy3 View Post
another dead battery this morning. this time is sat for 7 days.

will be calling the service manager at the dealership. not going through the service writer.

also gonna start looking into the lemon law.

tony
Hello Tony,

We recognize how frustrating this may seem and would like to reach out to your dealership for more information on your battery. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and involved dealership. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #44
vatechguy3

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Saga update.
Havent had time to take the car back to the dealer yet due to family obligations.

What i did try was after a week of driving it every day, i made sure to turn the a/c blower off before turning the engine off.

Started it up last night after 6 days of sitting without a problem.

So, does everyone secure the blower motor???

Tony

2001 Z28 M6
!cags, !air, FTP 85mm Lid, Z06 85mm MAF, P&P TB
!4x4, Strano Springs, Strano Sways, Koni 4/4s, Watts Link
ARH LTs, ARH catted Y, SLP catback with Dual/Dual Muffler, SLP CME and Valance
OE Wheels Machined Face C5 DDs, 18x10.5s, with 295/35-18s on all 4 corners!
352rwhp and 366rwtq
vatechguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #45
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechguy3 View Post
Saga update.
Havent had time to take the car back to the dealer yet due to family obligations.

What i did try was after a week of driving it every day, i made sure to turn the a/c blower off before turning the engine off.

Started it up last night after 6 days of sitting without a problem.

So, does everyone secure the blower motor???

Tony
You shouldn't have to do that...
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #46
NVRL8 ZL1
W8NN4U

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
I had the same problem with a truck I used to own, the easiest way to trouble shoot this is to get your hands on a DC clamp on meter similar to the one in the link a few posts ago. I already have a couple Flukes for work and they are very good, but quite expensive, there are probably cheaper brands out there. Maybe rental? Borrow from a parts store?
Once you clamp on the meter, you will see the 25-40mA Forza mentioned, if it is higher, what you do is pull one fuse at a time until the current drops down. This will give you the "what" of the problem, then you can focus on the "why" of the problem, a bad switch, fused contacts on a relay, etc.
NVRL8 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #47
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRL8 ZL1 View Post
I had the same problem with a truck I used to own, the easiest way to trouble shoot this is to get your hands on a DC clamp on meter similar to the one in the link a few posts ago. I already have a couple Flukes for work and they are very good, but quite expensive, there are probably cheaper brands out there. Maybe rental? Borrow from a parts store?
Once you clamp on the meter, you will see the 25-40mA Forza mentioned, if it is higher, what you do is pull one fuse at a time until the current drops down. This will give you the "what" of the problem, then you can focus on the "why" of the problem, a bad switch, fused contacts on a relay, etc.
That is pretty spot on!
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #48
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRL8 ZL1 View Post
Just remember to start out with the ammeter set to it's highest scale id it's a readout with a needle that swings (the old fashioned way). Clamp it on then turn the range down one range at a time till you see a reading.
If it's an old style meter with a swinging needle and you set it to a low range but accidently read a large amount of current, that poor little needle may just warp itself around when it pegs the meter,
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #49
yibnuyi

Drives: uk
How long do u let it sit between drives?
yibnuyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #50
firemanron25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS Vert
Where is the best place to attach the battery tender. Is it okay to install under the hood or should it be in the rear? What are your thoughts?

Thanks...
CDC Sports Bar, CAI Cold Air Intake, Footwell & Cup Holder LED's, Borla Catback Exhaust and Pfadt Stage II Suspension Kit, Black Taillight Bezels, MGW Short Shifter, LED Door Sills, T3 Bumper ports w/Mesh, Heritage Grill (Black), 3D Carbon Front Side Panel Vents, ZL1 Hood Insert (Flat Black Carbon Fiber).
firemanron25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #51
firemanron25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS Vert
I've had three dead batteries in the past 1.5 years. While my car is off and closed, I have heard a sound (Beeping) like the door is open. Once inside, the only way to stop the sound is to put the key into the ignition and put the car into reverse. Has anyone else had this issue???
CDC Sports Bar, CAI Cold Air Intake, Footwell & Cup Holder LED's, Borla Catback Exhaust and Pfadt Stage II Suspension Kit, Black Taillight Bezels, MGW Short Shifter, LED Door Sills, T3 Bumper ports w/Mesh, Heritage Grill (Black), 3D Carbon Front Side Panel Vents, ZL1 Hood Insert (Flat Black Carbon Fiber).
firemanron25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #52
NVRL8 ZL1
W8NN4U

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
I connect my battery tender under the hood, but only when I park it for the winter.

Funny you mention the beeping, I was just talking to a buddy with a older Vette, 2008 I think, the computer does not shut down unless he puts it in reverse. I've never heard anything about our cars though. My '13 manual didn't do it.
NVRL8 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #53
vatechguy3

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Well, she has roared her ugly head again.

Been driving a few days every week all summer and fall. Just got home from a busniess trip and she has sat for about 10 days....wait for it....totally dead battery.

Called the dealer, service manager went home early. Left a message, waiting for a call back monday.

Completed tired of this. Shouldnt have to troubleshot this myself. Absolutely love the car, but not going to replace batterys 2 or 3 times every year. Will see what the manager says monday and report back.

Tony

2001 Z28 M6
!cags, !air, FTP 85mm Lid, Z06 85mm MAF, P&P TB
!4x4, Strano Springs, Strano Sways, Koni 4/4s, Watts Link
ARH LTs, ARH catted Y, SLP catback with Dual/Dual Muffler, SLP CME and Valance
OE Wheels Machined Face C5 DDs, 18x10.5s, with 295/35-18s on all 4 corners!
352rwhp and 366rwtq
vatechguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #54
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
They should fix that, but, as a side note, I did install a battery tender:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=915

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #55
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Can anyone suggest a good safe battery tender and would you suggest under the hood or hooked directly to the battery. I'm starting to get that dreaded battery scare. Went out last week to take the son out for a ride and the car was not dead but barely turning the engine over, I eventually needed to jump it. It sat for 14 to 20 in garage without starting. Thanks for the help.
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #56
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Anyone?
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote