Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
curtismyhero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
GM recall strikes again

This story had too much irony to not be shared with the group. Yesterday I was heading to the store and noticed my check engine light was on. I happened to be passing an Autozone so I swung over to see what the code could be about (car didn't feel weird or anything). Code is a P0300 (random cylinder misfire). When I purchased the car I particularly bought the extended warranty for the vehicle as it was used, and I wanted peace of mind for a while (car isn't tuned, just slight bolt ons).

At any rate, I've contacted all of the major dealerships here in Austin and all of them are flooded. One dealership told me that the earliest I can be seen is 7/29 (CRAZY!). I finally asked what had them so booked out and the rep told me that due to all of the GM recalls, all of the dealerships are getting swamped.

So, long story short... b/c GM thinks it's important to cut those FOB keys I must wait over a week to have my vehicle looked at. The irony! Also please note this is just more of a rant. I'm worried about driving the vehicle with the code, and even though I'm a man of principle (I paid for something so should be able to use it) I might just bite the bullet and start review/repair myself.

Thanks GM!
curtismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
badassidtrip

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I doubt Camaro keys are what has them so backed up...
badassidtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
DeanCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Contact Chuck Nash in Kyle. Talk to rocky, he is a great advisor
DeanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassidtrip View Post
I doubt Camaro keys are what has them so backed up...

More like the billion other more important recalls
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post

More like the billion other more important recalls
Oh I agree. I was saying it more in jest, since the key issue seems to be the big thing for us Camaro peeps. It's still unfortunate though that I can't get service on a vehicle because GM has so many prior issues to work through. However don't mistake this for a bash, I do hope GM/Chevy get's their backlog knocked out and everyone ends up satisfied.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
You can drive that car with that code. It is not going to hurt it until you can get it in on 7/29, as long as it feel like it is running ok.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
they're swamped due to the ignition recall that needs the lock cylinder replaced; not the simple key recall that the parts dept could just do.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCamaro View Post
Contact Chuck Nash in Kyle. Talk to rocky, he is a great advisor
Thank you SO much! I contact Chuck Nash (couldn't get ahold of Rocky but did speak to Chris) and will be taking my car in today. Really appreciate it!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
the camaro is the only one where they are simply giving a new key. all the other ignition recalls involves replacing the actual ignition switch and new keys
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #10
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I get next day service here. Might be a little far for you to drive though.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
Doggit

Drives: 2012 1LS Silver Ice
by the way the recall nonsense is just so they can install the latest spy sensors & cut-off switches in the car for the nsa, has nothing to do with safety. GM has recalled over 27 million cars now dating back to 1997.. this isn't about ignition switches, that's just a cover story. Harley Davidson is now recalling their motorcycles for "ignition switches" they are probably installing ones that can be cut off with a radio signal.

look up the "quiet weapons for Silent wars" nasa document, it says they will use recalls to update the equipment.

the so called ignition switch problem is just a standard mechanical failure like any other, you could find a multiple mechanical failure occurrence on any vehicle there is. When a battery cable comes loose or a fuel pump goes out, or a spark plug dies, or an injector goes out, or a fuse or power wire goes out for a ECM, it effectively does the same thing, shuts the engine down, happens all the time, you don't see on TV nonstop, something like 49,000 people a year die in car wrecks, they are claiming like 12 accidents over 10 years due to ignition switch failures? 12/490,000?? really? it's all about perception.

Last edited by Doggit; 07-17-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Doggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
I get next day service here. Might be a little far for you to drive though.
Haha, while I thank you for helping a fellow Camaro guy out, that drive is a bit out there for me. Chuck Nash Chevrolet took care of me. It was a bit of a drive (about 45 minutes) but I'm glad I did it. Car was surging a bit so it needs to be looked at. I'll hear something either today or tomorrow on it. Hope to have her back up and running soon!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #13
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggit View Post
by the way the recall nonsense is just so they can install the latest spy sensors & cut-off switches in the car for the nsa, has nothing to do with safety. GM has recalled over 27 million cars now dating back to 1997.. this isn't about ignition switches, that's just a cover story. Harley Davidson is now recalling their motorcycles for "ignition switches" they are probably installing ones that can be cut off with a radio signal.

look up the "quiet weapons for Silent wars" nasa document, it says they will use recalls to update the equipment.

the so called ignition switch problem is just a standard mechanical failure like any other, you could find a multiple mechanical failure occurrence on any vehicle there is. When a battery cable comes loose or a fuel pump goes out, or a spark plug dies, or an injector goes out, or a fuse or power wire goes out for a ECM, it effectively does the same thing, shuts the engine down, happens all the time, you don't see on TV nonstop, something like 49,000 people a year die in car wrecks, they are claiming like 12 accidents over 10 years due to ignition switch failures? 12/490,000?? really? it's all about perception.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggit View Post

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote