Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #99
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
what would you do if they actually used wood trim panels?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #100
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Sounds great to me! Although I love the current interior, I think a really top-notch interior that can compete with the best European interiors will really make this car the full package.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #101
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
I wonder if it will look like the Camaro BLACK edition's interior as shown at SEMA...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9271
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #102
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSS View Post
I for one, think the interior should be more up-scale. I have been generally disappointed with the fact that there isn't an on-screen display offering all the computer bells and whistles that are standard in so many other cars (GM, Ford, foreign, etc.... The tiny DIC is stupid in my opinion. All of the DIC features should be laid out where the radio is.

If this is what is included, it would make me regret getting my 2SS now. I'm just glad I'm getting the parking assist feature (never had it, never used it, but I want it.) Just like the HUD, I know when this comes out, I'll want that just as bad, but won't be able to retrofit it to my car. Again, never had it, never used it, but want it.
If this car would have had a big ugly screen like most new vehicles I would not have bought it.

What a nasty feature those are.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #103
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Sorry guys interior of Camaro is very very ugly and I am not going to buy it if GM doesn’t upgrade interior. So this news is a well come news for me.
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #104
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Is that the Chrome side markers you have or the brushed version??

I've got the chrome ones on mine and most of the time they don't show up in the pictures. Thought I should've gotten the brushed instead!

Attachment 56242

Attachment 56243
Gills look fine, Dude. Mine are not brushed.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #105
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
in my opinion i believe that the interior they are talking about was supposed to be in our car, but wasnt ready in time. i think they released the camaro as quickly as possible before their big "bankruptcy" and thats why it didnt come like all other cars that you can buy with an interior package or just plain like all camaros are. anyway we should have had the option of the "executive" interior right from the get go. ive had some major beefs with the interior of, not just my car, but all the camaros. like the console lid, that is the cheapest lid lock ive ever seen in a car..ive seen chevettes have chrome console locks and snapped tight. and my hood latch is even worse, since the very day i bought it if i pull it to open the hood the latch just falls out and dangles there, its not broke or anything, you can simply just pop it back in place, but its very loose..and where the console latch fastens theres just a whole cut out in the plastic for the latch to snap onto. but theres nothing but a thin piece of plastic there and no hook for the latch..LOL.

i know alot of people talked trash about a navi/dvd unit in the camaros, but i believe that there should have been an option for a kit like that at least. i also think its pretty cheap towards us to already release an interior upgrade when we,ourselves, just bought our cars not even a few months ago..makes you think that they sold us cheaper knock offs, and now that weve given them tons of money they can make more lavish and nicer ones for people that hasnt made up their minds yet.so we buy the name and the shell of the car and are the wallet while others that held off can get better versions..i think we, as the first wave of buyers, should have gotten the rare "decked out" versions and then come out with a cheaper generic model, for those that were holding out for a price change or whatever. grrrrr.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #106
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Am I in the minority that bought this car to drive and have fun with. I don't sit in it to look at the interior. Everything is fine for me. Yes the interior shots are nice, and classy but I just drive it.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #107
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
And I'm sure you'll say women can't drive sports cars too!!

Amazing how you feel you have to own one to have an opinion!
i believe so, cause until you own one, you cant appreciate it as much as someone that actually does own one..same goes from someone that owns one and never drives it and has it garage kept as opposed to someone that made the camaro their everyday car. till you logg in some hours with it i dont think you can comment as correctly as someone who doesnt even own one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevrod View Post

Just a Thought!
im one of the 18-35 yr olds that bought the V6 for the simple fact that before the car was release they said that the v6 would carry the bulk of the aftermarket performance parts since the V8 was already soo mean..and ive even read on here when i first joined someone had a friend in the Chevy crew that told him that the V6 was begging to be forced inducted and modded up..but then they never released any kind of tuning, so everyone went with the v8 cracked it turbo'd it and played with it..from what that same thread said is that GM made the 6 so high in Hp to get people to tune it and turbo/supercharge it so that V8 owners would start getting outran by V6's.

that way more people buy the V6 cause with a few thousand dollars like you said you can have a sleeper car that everyone wants. and take back some of the car market that cheap foreign cars have taken this exact same way..a cheap V6 car that, when supped up, can outrun a V8, or at least give it a run for its money..if i were standing on the sidelines and a guy in a V6 camaro outran a V8 i would be amazed as hell, then if i went to buy one id remember how that V6 was mean and unexpected..not saying that it would outrun a tuned V8 though but still a little six that destroys stock eights is nothing to sneer over..

but im trying like hell to get anyone to do a turbo for me,,ive been through dozens of possibilities that never went through and its been almost 4 months, and nobody will touch it due to the fact that the tuning hasnt been cracked yet. but im waiting on Oct.4th for the MTI Funfest to see if this next manufacturer will come through and use my car as a testbed for a turbo and actually turbo my car.

Last edited by Mohrg Beast; 09-20-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #108
Massman151
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2010 RS/SS CAMARO RJT
well it would make sense for it to be awd for rough driving conditions in winter

"Sam Witwicky: Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

"Sam Witwicky: Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!"
Massman151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #109
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Rendering done by MonaroSS on GMI...

Eh?
I like this interior...not the ivory color or the pedals...but the overall layout.
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #110
SSRS Steve

Drives: 2000 Z28 sold
maybe next they can have the Pontiac RIP edition!!! If it aint broke dont fix it.... maybe offer a drag pack!!
SSRS Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #111
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
I think I'll stick with DSV Cutsoms Although I think its a great idea for GM.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #112
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i believe so, cause until you own one, you cant appreciate it as much as someone that actually does own one..same goes from someone that owns one and never drives it and has it garage kept as opposed to someone that made the camaro their everyday car. till you logg in some hours with it i dont think you can comment as correctly as someone who doesnt even own one.
So, let me get this straight...if a person doesn't own one they get no opinion, if a person parks the car in the garage and doesn't daily drive it, they get no opinion, if they don't mod their car, they get no opinion...

I personally think it is people with these opinions that will turn this car into another Mustang..."you don't own one...just shut the F**K up!" That's what we need...another Mustang! Are you gonna start "street racing" anything that pulls up beside you too? If that is what the new Camaro turns into...I sure won't be buying one. I thought maybe that died off with the death of the 4th gen. I got so damn sick of every fanboy in another F-body or Mustang...or even better a Honda wanting to race my Formula. Actually it was one of the reasons I took the car off the road...I found I didn't want to be associated with the crowd that drove the car.

Is this what the new Camaro will turn in to? God I hope not! If so, will it be guaged ears this time around versus mullets and gold chains (70s and 80s) or sideways hats (4th gen).

I can't appreciate a car just because I don't own one...so, the fact that I've followed this car since day one...guess that accounts for nothing. Guess you've never appreciated a car huh? Maybe this is your first car or something and you are overly sensitive about it. I've driven GM cars since I started driving. I've had F-bodies and still do.

Guess you can't be fanboy enough without daily driving and modding your car...nice attitude.

GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote