Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Movember (prostate cancer awareness) -- Join my team -- or make a donation ;-)

Hi All,

Sorry for the late notice with this getting this thread out, but it is never too late to help make a difference.

So with that… I am participating in Movember... a fundraiser for Mens Health awareness

Movember is an annual fundraiser to fund research for common men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer. During the month of November, individuals sponsor participants to let their mustache grow all month long. This event started in Australia in the late 90s and has gone global over the years, raising more than $174 million to support research for cures and treatment of critical male diseases, Not a bad way to raise money for a great cause!

This is my first year participating in Movember and I would like to pass on the word to others who may want to join my team or make a donation. I do not know anyone personally who has suffered from any male-specific cancers, but still feel that I should make my attempt to raise awareness for prostate cancer and raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) & LiveStrong.

I have started a team, “SFS – Staches for Survival” and would love to add a few more team members, especially from this Camaro site... back to our roots.. haha, and so I am not the only one walking around with a young mustache, haha. If you would like to join the Staches for Survival team or make a tax deductible donation to me or any of my team members, please visit this link: http://mobro.co/SFS

… and remember… no shaving….

Thank you again for listening (let me know if you have any questions), and I’m excited to see some staches next week!

I will be posting regular updates of the Stache on Facebook and on my Mobro page. If I get some of you guys interested, I will post them up in here as well... thanks all.

Kyle Gilmour
kyle.gilmour@gmail.com

Disclaimer: I understand it is already November 3rd and today was the 3rd day of no shaving, but still please feel free to join.
We will not tell anyone if you started a day or two late.. Promise.

Additional information on Movember
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember

Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I kinda feel bad cause I had already started growing the 'stache before I joined the team. But honestly, if I hadn't started early, by the time November 30th rolls around, no one would think I was participating

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I kinda feel bad cause I had already started growing the 'stache before I joined the team. But honestly, if I hadn't started early, by the time November 30th rolls around, no one would think I was participating
nah... its cool... nothing wrong with a rolling start...

thats how Randy beat Chris in their grudge match. hahaha

post up a pic of your stache in here Justin!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
nah... its cool... nothing wrong with a rolling start...

thats how Randy beat Chris in their grudge match. hahaha

post up a pic of your stache in here Justin!
Do we just make a donation if we don't grow a mustache.... or how does it work... I'm in to help...

My brother in law is just recovering from a 2.5 year battle with prostate cancer, during which it was determined that he probably would not survive any longer three times... While his life is drastically changed... he is still alive and doing very well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
well, I haven't shaved all week.... so I think I got a head start . Gotta shave for work though..... Does not shaving on off days count? I can grow a beard in a few hours
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I'm in, but I've had a mustache since ~1990... can I keep it trimmed so I don't hafta eat it?

If a trustworthy moderator was willing, could we do a paypal account and have one pot for everyone to pitch in?

.....AAAAnd for the ladies that clicked the link after expressly being told NOT to... (my guess would be every one of them ).....Feel free to join in, but NO mustaches!
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 11-03-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Bump!

Can't keep my facial hair too long... invariably I have to shave depending on who I may be visiting.

But I can make a donation.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Bump!

Can't keep my facial hair too long... invariably I have to shave depending on who I may be visiting.

+1
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I'm in, but I've had a mustache since ~1990... can I keep it trimmed so I don't hafta eat it?

If a trustworthy moderator was willing, could we do a paypal account and have one pot for everyone to pitch in?

.....AAAAnd for the ladies that clicked the link after expressly being told NOT to... (my guess would be every one of them ).....Feel free to join in, but NO mustaches!
I basically only use my paypal account for buying/selling parts here on camaro5. I'm fine with giving my account info out if people want to set something up. And no I'm not going to use the money to buy a whipple.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Staschmaaaaaaan............... Name:  mustache-emoticon.gif
Views: 2619
Size:  1.2 KB
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
+1
+2

Awesome Cause Kyle...
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Do we just make a donation if we don't grow a mustache.... or how does it work... I'm in to help...

My brother in law is just recovering from a 2.5 year battle with prostate cancer, during which it was determined that he probably would not survive any longer three times... While his life is drastically changed... he is still alive and doing very well...
Yes you can just donate to either Kyle or his Team... PayPal is accepted...
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I basically only use my paypal account for buying/selling parts here on camaro5. I'm fine with giving my account info out if people want to set something up. And no I'm not going to use the money to buy a whipple.
We'll wait and see how donation process pans out, nice to know we have a sucke.... errr a volunteer
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
My DAD was 50 when he died of prostate cancer 9 yrs ago. This is the first year I let a handle bar mustache grow in memory of him and because of the look of a handle bar being noticed, hope to bring more awareness to the disease.
In Canada, 20% of funds go to actually trying to find a cure while the rest goes in someones pocket!! Therefore, I don't make donations to cancer research for that purpose. But, If we all just suck it up and get checked yearly...it just could save many more dads, brothers, husbands, etc. A finger up the rear is better than having your family mourn you. My dad left us 3 boys. I was 29 when he died and my youngest brother was 24. He is a different guy today without DAD.:( We all are. Being the oldest, I kind of took his place. But nobody beats good old dad!!
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brandi, moustache, movember, mustache, speedster