Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Mike1ls

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
What do you think of a muffler delete?

I have been looking around for a different exaust system for my car to make it a bit louder and meaner sounding. I have grown to like the mrt v2 but I am a bit low on $$$. I have also been looking at other hopfully lower cost exaust systems such as a muffler delete/ straight pipe. I would like your guys help on a few questions I have on this type of system, such as, cost, drone/rasp at higher rpm's, and what is ther difference between the systems (if there is one). I would also like your guys opinions on the systems and sugestions to other lower cost options.

thanks for the help
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Mike1ls

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If you guys could also post up videos of the muffler delete/ striaght pipe or your suggestion on a lower cost system that would help alot too.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
There are endless threads discussing exhaust options. Asking somebody else's opinion on how it will sound is like asking how a certain food tastes. It's too subjective.

For example, I went with the MRT v2 after endless comments about how great it was. I was sorely disappointed. It's very raspy and has tons of drone when cruising on the highway.

Search the forums, listen to the sounds, get what you can afford, and hope it sounds good.
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankMorph View Post
There are endless threads discussing exhaust options. Asking somebody else's opinion on how it will sound is like asking how a certain food tastes. It's too subjective.

For example, I went with the MRT v2 after endless comments about how great it was. I was sorely disappointed. It's very raspy and has tons of drone when cruising on the highway.

Search the forums, listen to the sounds, get what you can afford, and hope it sounds good.

Your right Tank, very subjective. I don't find the drone to be a bother at all with my MRT 2.0 Sorry to hear that you didn't like yours. I absolutely LOVE mine and don't find it to be raspy at all. I have gotten nothing but GREAT comments on how GOOD it sounds.

To the OP. I did start my Camaro after cutting off the mufflers (just before installingthe MRT's) NO WAY would I run without a muffler. Again subjective, others don't mind that sound at all, but it is not for me.