Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #43
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Well - even on a car that didn't have the full complement of your catalog on it, I was more suprised than I can express. KUDOs to you guys

Well - in Post 6 I didn't really suggest where I've seen those before, but those were one of the things I looked at first, lol
Great. Hopefully all questions should now be answered. If not, they just need to ask

thanks again

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #44
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
I decided to wait for the permanent fix. Machined piece looks a lot nicer than my butchered steel bar. I can be very difficult and picky at times.

Now the million dollar question... Centri or PD? Still weighing in pros/cons. Plus, wife wants to go on another extended trip next year. I actually considered shipping car to CA to drive across country. But I told her I'd do that after I put the FI in... Sad thing, my wife has immediate family in Valdosta GA and couldn't swing the timing.

FI vs Vacation

Back on topic, the new front clamp mechanism matches the back and completes the SwaybarB package. Good swaybar solution especially at that package price point.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #45
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Me too, I got the clamps with mine and had to grind the bottoms down to fit between the bar and frame. This is the first I've seen of the spacers.
The purpose of the spacers is to give the clearance so not cutting or grinding has to be done to the brackets. We really want it to be seamless. Adding the spacers, will make it so.

Thanks
mike
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #46
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
picked up car tonight , what a nice feeling...took a exit ramp about 65 just to get a feel , no roll , planted smoothly thru ramp..but damn were my tires screaming...NOW i gotta get some tires...i could see how suspension could almost give you a false security, did not feel like i was hardly moving but my speedo and tires told me differently ..so far very happy...mike , what would you rec for daily driving settings on the coilovers? i would search the posts but i know you will see this and give me a good amswer..thanks ..soon as wife gets back in town i will take some snapshots and post them thanks for getting it right mike...if you want i will take a pedders cap and wear with my GET SCREWED kb sc shirts
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #47
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.
Yes, if you send an email to Jacie she will send you a set straight away.

Jacie@PeddersUSA.com
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #48
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
picked up car tonight , what a nice feeling...took a exit ramp about 65 just to get a feel , no roll , planted smoothly thru ramp..but damn were my tires screaming...NOW i gotta get some tires...i could see how suspension could almost give you a false security, did not feel like i was hardly moving but my speedo and tires told me differently ..so far very happy...mike , what would you rec for daily driving settings on the coilovers? i would search the posts but i know you will see this and give me a good amswer..thanks ..soon as wife gets back in town i will take some snapshots and post them thanks for getting it right mike...if you want i will take a pedders cap and wear with my GET SCREWED kb sc shirts
Start at 15 front and rear. Drive the car a day or two. Drop them down to 3 and drive it a day or two. Raise them to 27 front and rear. Drive the car a day or two. Now you have a good feel for the range of the adjustment and can set your car to exactly where you like it.

Thank you for choosing Pedders for you Camaro. We appreciate your trust and thank you for your business. Welcome to the Pedders Nation!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #49
mikepage0007

..thanks pete...will do that..hardest thing is that this car is a year old and has 1800 miles.not really a daily driver.. but i will make effort to drive it everyday to get that feel.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #50
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
..thanks pete...will do that..hardest thing is that this car is a year old and has 1800 miles.not really a daily driver.. but i will make effort to drive it everyday to get that feel.
Enjoy your new ride!

mike
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #51
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm getting the solution b sway bar package installed by JDP Motorsports next weekend. I can't wait!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #52
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'm getting the solution b sway bar package installed by JDP Motorsports next weekend. I can't wait!!
Thank you for choosing JDP and Pedders. We appreciate your trust and thank you for your business. Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #53
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Chatted with Jordan this week. A great guy. I send him all the latest technical support items for the 2 sets he is doing.

Thanks for your support!

mike
Old 07-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #54
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Nice! The other SS he's doing is another Camaro5 member. I love this community. We're all brought together by a kick a$$ Car!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #55
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Nice! The other SS he's doing is another Camaro5 member. I love this community. We're all brought together by a kick a$$ Car!!
The term community fits here! When I heard Jordan was going to do 2 Camaro bars, and knowing him, it was important to me to make sure he got the latest and greatest data. So ultimately, this will give the 2 forum members the best job that can be done!

The true circle of committment and community!

Thanks again for believing in Pedders and welcom to our Pedders Nation!

mike
Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #56
mikepage0007

way to stay involved mike..its nice feeling that you put yourself out there on a daily basis and come up with answers we have ,not to mention manuals emailed to us and the shops...no calling and leaving messages, waiting for a return call..great support...not saying that others don,t do the same.. just saying that happily impressed with support...means alot to people who spend good money...ex-look at how savini handled pq---..never should of taken this long to try and resolve...i know savini is trying to make right , but image is badly tarnished...i have read where pedders has had some issues as with other competetiors, its just the nature of the beast..but pedders has had great communication with there customers and worked diligently and quickly to resolve these problems...great job guys..btw recd bushings today mike....:thum bsup: