Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
JookeTheSnooke

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
that looks nices! ill put some pics up when im done
JookeTheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Looks good! Wanting to do mine in yellow. Where did you buy your LED's from? Thanks for the great and detailed pictures on the steps for the radio.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #31
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
How are the LEDs attached to the board? Do they snap on? How hard is it to remove the existing ones?

Thanks,
Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #32
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
Looks good! Wanting to do mine in yellow. Where did you buy your LED's from? Thanks for the great and detailed pictures on the steps for the radio.
Oznium has the LEDs. That is where most of us have bought ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
How are the LEDs attached to the board? Do they snap on? How hard is it to remove the existing ones?

Thanks,
Rob
They are soldered. Just like everything else...not difficult if you know what you are doing.

Here is a link to Anglwngss dash LEDs. It has more information in there. (Anglwngss...might consider editing first post and add a link)

DIY Change LEDs in Speed/Tach Gauge
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Thank you 572! Been very busy lately! Very, very glad u answered!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #34
JookeTheSnooke

Guys im having a problem with my radio!!! So I changed out all the LEDs to blue and I plugged it in to see if all the lights lit up, they all did expect for the one that lights up the snow flake. I messed around with that one alittle more but couldn't get it to light up. So I just felt it, put the radio back together and installed in the car. Everything seemed fine but The next day as i was driving, the drivers side heated seat came on by itself and it kept doing that everytime i turned it off. Also the buttons for the air flow kept switching without my touching anybuttons. Then i noticed some of the LEDs were out so i thought maybe that was the problem. I took the radio apart again and changed the LEDs(including the snow flake one) so that they all lit up. they were all working and they all lit up fine. Everything work. So I put the radio back together and plugged it in and was just going through the buttons to see if they all worked. They did Untill about a min later and now none of the buttons work when I press them. All the LEDs work now just none of the buttons :( if anyone has any idea plz help! Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Wow.. What have you done Jooke??

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe some when the radio was put back together, it wasn't seated or maybe .. eh.. idk.. somehow the contacts on the buttons aren't being made properly.. Maybe something is under some of the buttons or on the circuit board itself? some kind of trash or something??

other than that.. i don't have a clue..
Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
JookeTheSnooke

its really weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt! ive noticed that the one LED that lights up the snow flake next to the blue dot has been acting weird, flickering and stuff. do u think it has something to do with that? i think that the power going to that spot doesnt have a good flow. but idk much about circuit boards. do u think there is some kind of place i can bring it to that can figure out whats wrong with it?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Subscribed angl...
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #38
MikeMoach

Angl.. Or 572hp I love the how your radios came out!!! Just wondering about the a/c controls, the buttons like which vents the air is coming out of and the heated seat buttons, will I be able to make the symbol one color and the hash below showing they are on a different color?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #39
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Angl.. Or 572hp I love the how your radios came out!!! Just wondering about the a/c controls, the buttons like which vents the air is coming out of and the heated seat buttons, will I be able to make the symbol one color and the hash below showing they are on a different color?
The LEDs towards the outside of the circle are the indicators and the ones towards the middle are the symbols. You can change them however you like. The worst part of the radio (assuming that you don't take the LCD apart like Angl and I did by mistake!!!) is the rotary knobs for volume and tuning. It took me a long time to desolder the ring, but I took my time. Maybe if you had a pair of hot-tweezers you could get inside the ring.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
The LEDs towards the outside of the circle are the indicators and the ones towards the middle are the symbols. You can change them however you like. The worst part of the radio (assuming that you don't take the LCD apart like Angl and I did by mistake!!!) is the rotary knobs for volume and tuning. It took me a long time to desolder the ring, but I took my time. Maybe if you had a pair of hot-tweezers you could get inside the ring.

Thanks man I don't know how I'm gunna do those rings just yet, but with the outside LEDs in the a/c controls lets use the defogger for example the top led will be the indicator and the bottom will light up the symbol?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #41
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Thanks man I don't know how I'm gunna do those rings just yet, but with the outside LEDs in the a/c controls lets use the defogger for example the top led will be the indicator and the bottom will light up the symbol?
Answered my own question today
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #42
MikeMoach

New question for the heated seats which LED lights up the symbol and which is the indicator?