Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
If you're asking me I'm good with you doing whatever you want with it.
Yes sir I am asking if I can repost it under your user name. It is OK with you?

BTw, have you had a chance to autocross your Camaro since the install?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yes sir I am asking if I can repost it under your user name. It is OK with you?

BTw, have you had a chance to autocross your Camaro since the install?
Sure...you can post it using my username.

Haven't had a chance to AutoX or Dragrace since adding them. The heat wave we've been having is keeping me from the track. 107 degrees in the shade today.

A month or so ago my dad and brother took our race car out to the drag strip and the track temp was reading right around 135 degrees. Just to hot for me right now.

Hopefully by the end of Sept or in Oct it will be cool enough to go out and report back.......which I will do once I've made it to the track.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #31
JusticePete

Quote:
Sure...you can post it using my username.

Haven't had a chance to AutoX or Dragrace since adding them. The heat wave we've been having is keeping me from the track. 107 degrees in the shade today.

A month or so ago my dad and brother took our race car out to the drag strip and the track temp was reading right around 135 degrees. Just to hot for me right now.

Hopefully by the end of Sept or in Oct it will be cool enough to go out and report back.......which I will do once I've made it to the track.
I feel your pain with the heat. The other day it was only 99 and the local weather said we were in a cool wave

Take a look at this and let me know if anything should be changed. http://forums.peddersusa.com/showthr...=6833#post6833
Old 08-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #32
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I feel your pain with the heat. The other day it was only 99 and the local weather said we were in a cool wave

Take a look at this and let me know if anything should be changed. http://forums.peddersusa.com/showthr...=6833#post6833
looks good to me.

Thanks for all your help.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 08-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
135 degrees.

Damn. I'd tear my whole car up in that with my luck.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
looks good to me.

Thanks for all your help.
Thank you for a great detailed post.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #35
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Hey caverman, did you ever go to the track to test these out?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Hey caverman, did you ever go to the track to test these out?
Yes, in a way. By the time I got to the drag strip I had also added some coilovers. So, I didn't get to test just this upgrade by itself.

However, the first time out I had the Pedders inserts, Hotchkis brace, and Coilovers. I didn't really increase my time at all. I ended up getting some answers about my settings on my coilovers at the drag strip. I also removed the Hotchkis brace. Went back to the track with different coilover settings and I got .02 tenths faster at the track.

I still think Pedders inserts are a much better choice that what I had and I recommend them all the time. They cost a little more than the other brands but are worth it.
Build Journal
Old 07-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #37
JusticePete

I love this thread!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Is pedders or bmr better just wondering before.i pull the trigger!
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
I can't speak of BMR because I have no experience with them.

But PEDDERS comes with the most support I've EVER seen with ANY product I have ever bought plus I've THRASHED on my car and all is still good.

Buy PEDDERS and be done with it.

Plus, the owner of PEDDERS USA is one of our most active members and regular joe.

EDIT, ok.... regular Pete. hahaha
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
As I mention at the begining of the thread, based on design alone Pedders is worth the extra money. I know BMR is cheaper but install is not nearly as easy.

I don't have specific experience with BMR bushings but there are rummors (and take it as that) that Energy Suspension makes the inserts for BMR. The lube that comes with the BMR bushings even says Energy Suspension on it.

What I do have is experience with both Energy and Pedders inserts. Lets not even talk about install but just look at the firmness of the poly. Look at the pictures I posted in this thread. You can see undeniable difference between the firmess of Pedders compared to the weakness of the Energy. That should make you spend the extra money for Pedders right there.

I have no vested intrest in Pedders. I'm just passing along my personal experience. I have a mixture of almost every suspsension vendor on here. I use differnent vendors based on price and performance. I have an LSR front sway bar, Pedders ZL1 rear swaybar, Pedders cradle inserts, Whiteline rearend bushings and Radius Rod bushings, Spohn Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BC Coilovers, and Pfadt Trailing Arm bushings (and had Energy Suspension for about 2 weeks).......a little something from everyone. It just worked out that way.
Build Journal
Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #41
caverman

Since this thread has been dug up again I need to post a picture of the 2 hammer trick to get the cradle washer hats off. I thought I had posted this earlier in the thread but I guess I didn't.

A good 3 or 4 blows of the hammer and the washers come right off. Just keep an eye out one where they go flying to when the pop off.

Also the torque specs on the bolts are something like 120 ft lbs. That's almost impossible to get with a hand held torque wrench. Instead just clean off the bolts, add some blue locktite, and torque to 80 or 85 ft lbs.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

I started with Pfadt and ended up replacing it all with Pedders.

Not that the Pfadt parts weren't doing the job but I upgraded.