Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #15
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
You will love it!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #16
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Great choice
Old 11-24-2015, 09:41 AM   #17
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I agree with most of what was said here, except for the collectability part. That has yet to be proven. Nobody KNOWS for sure at this point. And the 1LE isn't considered by me and seemingly the general car collectors as a "rare" car. At least not yet. A bad-ass cool car? It is and likely always will be. But not rare.

That said, most motoring public don't know what a 1LE is, let alone how to seek one out. The option is outstanding value for what you get. If people knew more about it, I'm betting there'd be several thousand more per year built. The limited car buyer's knowledge today is helpful with potential future collectability because they didn't build a million of them, but then only those who really know will think it's worth it.

If you don't get what I'm talking about, then you haven't yet learned what collectible really means.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #18
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Not even remotely close, I would have waited 3-6 months and bought a loaded '16 2SS for $40-42k. Ya'll be funny discussing "collect-ability" and "1LE" in the same sentence.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #19
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Not even remotely close, I would have waited 3-6 months and bought a loaded '16 2SS for $40-42k. Ya'll be funny discussing "collect-ability" and "1LE" in the same sentence.
I agree with the lack of collect-ability. I am amazed that no magazine (like a VIR Lightning Lap), or GM for that matter, has provided any data that supports this 2016 SS out performing a 1LE outside of 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile times, which are irrelevant to a 1LE. Inquiring minds want to know!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #20
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I agree with the lack of collect-ability. I am amazed that no magazine (like a VIR Lightning Lap), or GM for that matter, has provided any data that supports this 2016 SS out performing a 1LE outside of 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile times, which are irrelevant to a 1LE. Inquiring minds want to know!
While not broadly publicized (albeit closer to not at all), the 1LE was discontinued in '16. While a full replicated "1LE suspension" was not in fact folded directly into the '16 model, the suspension received a "substantial upgrade" over the 5th gen model with an added optional mag ride. This was communicated at CFest in August by GM when discussing how the '16 SS compared to the outgoing 5th gen and 'what model exactly?' kept coming up. There was no direct answer as none exists, the new SS is three way between the outgoing SS, the 1LE and ZL1. GM's statement has generally been confirmed by scores and scores of reviews available from nearly every performance shop imaginable, journalist, professional driver and #FindNewRoads over the last 45 days.

If I had any remote plans to track my vehicle and looking at a Camaro purchase, it would be a '16 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Only in so far in fact that I could not wait or afford the 2017 ZL1. If I had any plans on a garage queen collectible, it would be a new Z/28. I own a Dusk, which is second only to the Neiman Marcus in rarity and I have no doubt the Z/28 will pull in higher % returns over both cars (Currently the Neiman Marcus is leading over all 5th gens). The next vehicle to consider for collectible will be the 50th anniversary, but I am not holding my breath. The last few anniversary editions had a sticker, badge or color options on it, but have otherwise been "worthless".
Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #21
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by huligan View Post
All speculation as to the rarity of the 1LE until the final numbers are released. I usually tell people around 8,000 based on limited production numbers in 2013 and extrapolating 2014 numbers - I used 10k in this post to cover the chance they went wonky in production because GM saw a good buyers niche for the final 5th's. Either way, it's a very rare car, and to some (like me) that matters. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
According to the build numbers sticky there were 1826 built in '13 vs 94k total.
2014, 2468 built vs 97k total
2015 will probably track 2014, it was a tough year for the gen 5 because of the 2016 anticipation.

Maybe 7000 built in total from what I can glean.

As far as "rarity" of a package, the Dusk edition takes it, but it was just a color/trim package.

The 1LE is actually a pretty cool beast to own one of.

Edit.. Actually, the Hot wheels version is probably the rarest...
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #22
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
According to the build numbers sticky there were 1826 built in '13 vs 94k total.
2014, 2468 built vs 97k total
2015 will probably track 2014, it was a tough year for the gen 5 because of the 2016 anticipation.

Maybe 7000 built in total from what I can glean.

As far as "rarity" of a package, the Dusk edition takes it, but it was just a color/trim package.

The 1LE is actually a pretty cool beast to own one of.
From CFest;

"The Dusk was the only special model of it's kind that we built, I liked that it was more than a splash of color (like the Spring/Flash) and that we will never build another like it" - Al Oppenheiser
Old 11-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #23
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Edit.. Actually, the Hot wheels version is probably the rarest...

Hot Wheels was a lower count, but still north of 1500 units
Old 11-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #24
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
You have chosen wisely
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #25
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
While not broadly publicized (albeit closer to not at all), the 1LE was discontinued in '16. While a full replicated "1LE suspension" was not in fact folded directly into the '16 model, the suspension received a "substantial upgrade" over the 5th gen model with an added optional mag ride. This was communicated at CFest in August by GM when discussing how the '16 SS compared to the outgoing 5th gen and 'what model exactly?' kept coming up. There was no direct answer as none exists, the new SS is three way between the outgoing SS, the 1LE and ZL1. GM's statement has generally been confirmed by scores and scores of reviews available from nearly every performance shop imaginable, journalist, professional driver and #FindNewRoads over the last 45 days.

If I had any remote plans to track my vehicle and looking at a Camaro purchase, it would be a '16 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Only in so far in fact that I could not wait or afford the 2017 ZL1. If I had any plans on a garage queen collectible, it would be a new Z/28. I own a Dusk, which is second only to the Neiman Marcus in rarity and I have no doubt the Z/28 will pull in higher % returns over both cars (Currently the Neiman Marcus is leading over all 5th gens). The next vehicle to consider for collectible will be the 50th anniversary, but I am not holding my breath. The last few anniversary editions had a sticker, badge or color options on it, but have otherwise been "worthless".
Confirmed by scores of reviews with the ever famous butt dyno, but no actual track numbers. I understand the improvements to the '16, and do not even disagree that if I did not already own a car and wanted the best handling car available for future track / autocross use, the '16 would have my attention. The part that throws me off is that no matter what improvements have been made to the chassis, that tire and wheel combo does not speak to great handling. I have no interest in collect-ability. I don;t even have any interest in the collect-ability of our '69 (not knocking those that do). For those of us that care more about the handling performance, there are no definitive facts. Maybe a ploy by GM to help move 2015's off the lot, or to keep the excitement around the 2016, who knows. I guess I will just have to wait.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #26
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
No way. There is no way that a Gen 6 in current form is going to beat a current 1LE around the track. Our tires are simply too big of an handicap for a few hundred pounds to fix.

Now if you put G2s on Gen 6 ... yes, very likely. But stock tire for stock tire, I'd have an EXTREMELY tough time believing a new Gen 6 SS is quicker around anything but the most high-speed tracks.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #27
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
No way. There is no way that a Gen 6 in current form is going to beat a current 1LE around the track. Our tires are simply too big of an handicap for a few hundred pounds to fix.

Now if you put G2s on Gen 6 ... yes, very likely. But stock tire for stock tire, I'd have an EXTREMELY tough time believing a new Gen 6 SS is quicker around anything but the most high-speed tracks.
This is right where I'm at, too. How many Camaro enthusiasts (and most of us 1LE’ers are enthusiasts) would be pleased if Chevy had brought out the new Gen 6 SS with MRC and it performed no better than a current 1LE (IF the 2016 had comparable tires)? I’d be unimpressed. This new Caddy chassis has performance benefits and ~150 pounds less weight than a 1LE. And, it’s got a more powerful V8, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the track times for the new SS.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #28
WIPLASH
WIPLASH

Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
All this thread does is prove everyone has an opinion and they're all subjective. Good to see other viewpoints, though.