Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
MrCool

Drives: '95 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
...Camaro is destroyed off the line. (There's another relative term.)...
Ok, I'll accept that maby you will need a few extra $$$ for a car that is over a decade older than the STi.

Last edited by MrCool; 07-12-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #16
MrCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
where was it rebuilt at? do you know what all they did to it? new rings? bearings? line hone? etc? jw.
Well, because we don't exactly have a shop (and because it's automatic), he just went to a mechanic and asked for a full rebuild. So, if he did as he was paid to, evrerthing. But other than, the optispark we are replacing, it's running fine.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
But I know there is one thing a ricer or any European car WILL NEVER be able to do as good as a Camaro straight from the dealer, IN THEIR DREAMS:
ROTFLMAO

I bet you think that was a "straight from the dealer" LT1.

I say race the guy, right now, just as you are. Be sure and video it and bring it back here.

While you're at it go pick on a few European cars like:

Last edited by blaSSt; 02-04-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #18
MrCool

I'm not an idot, I know they weren't stock the hood obvioiusly, but lets see a lambourgini do a burout better than a Camaro...videotape that for me why don't you...
Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
MrCool

Quote:
Ok, I'll accept that maby you will need a few extra $$$ for a car that is over a decade older than the STi.
Plus, I never said my LT1 would beat a European car at racing...I said it would do a burout better than a European or a ricer.

Maby I need to write it more clearly for you next time...my apoligies, didn't know I had to be that specific.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #20
MrCool

Quote:
ROTFLMAO

I bet you think that was a "straight from the dealer" LT1.

I say race the guy, right now, just as you are. Be sure and video it and bring it back here.

While you're at it go pick on a few European cars like:
Besides if a Camaro is so slow for you, why don't you buy a European car, I bet you can buy SOMETHING for the amount you sell your SS for.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
You have an LT1. Get used to smack talk. The only good LT1 is a highly modified one. Loved mine, but got rid of it for an LS1 as soon as I could.

Get you some Loyd Elliot heads and bumpy cam, headers into true duals, built tranny/nasty high stall, and a 9" with full suspension, and some good drag radials. Then, you start taking people's money. Add spray and you're taking $100's every weekend in the city if you play it right.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #22
blaSSt

Quote:
I'm not an idot, I know they weren't stock the hood obvioiusly, but lets see a lambourgini do a burout better than a Camaro...videotape that for me why don't you...

Different style but a pretty awesome burnout, highly likely a stock one too, Better than any straight from the dealer LT1 burnout I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCool
Has nothing to do with age. The LT1 Camaro was not ever capable of hanging with an STI. That Camaro wasn't designed to do it. The Blur's $4K assessment is about right.

Quote:
Besides if a Camaro is so slow for you, why don't you buy a European car, I bet you can buy SOMETHING for the amount you sell your SS for.
My Camaro (an LS1) was designed on a level that hangs close to an STI. Now it will destroy 99% of the STI's on the road. It's my Trailblazer that only hangs with them. (and destroys stock LT1 cars )
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
MrCool

Alright, I'm willing to give in...
So from what you're saying, the LT1 was pretty much a worthless car for it's price compared the the STi and pretty much in general.

It pretty much boils down to what car you like better.

Personally, I'm willing to put the extra $$$ into an LT1. Thanks for the thoughts and the facts...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #24
MrCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
Get you some Loyd Elliot heads and bumpy cam, headers into true duals, built tranny/nasty high stall, and a 9" with full suspension, and some good drag radials. Then, you start taking people's money. Add spray and you're taking $100's every weekend in the city if you play it right.
What is a "bumpy" cam. I know what a camshaft is, what does "bumpy" denote?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #25
blaSSt

Quote:
So from what you're saying, the LT1 was pretty much a worthless car for it's price compared the the STi and pretty much in general.

Personally, I'm willing to put the extra $$$ into an LT1. Thanks for the thoughts and the facts...
I NEVER said that and I would disagree with anyone who did. I have stated what a stock LT1 is designed to do and what a stock STI is designed to do.

The Camaro was a little more than half of what the early STI's went for. ($17,000 in 1994 for a Z28, $31,000 for a STI) The Camaro is/was a very respectable package and a good value.

Let's go back to your original question:

Quote:
Which one is faster? Because when I go on youtube, all I see is Fourth Gen Camaro's beating the hell out of some modded STi. What'll happen is that the STi will get the better launch, but in no time at all the Camaro will catch up and pass it.

Stock for stock, will an STi beat a Camaro? If not, what'll it take to beat one I wonder?
Plain and simple the STI wins in all performance categoties. That is fact shown many ways.

Every time that is demonstrated, you change the parameters....who does the better burnout....for the price....

I prefer the styling of the Camaro. Best of luck with the build.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #26
MrCool

Quote:
Every time that is demonstrated, you change the parameters....who does the better burnout....for the price....

I prefer the styling of the Camaro. Best of luck with the build.
I know, I just couldn't help myself to try to make that argument...

Thanks, I do look forward to working on it.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #27
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
You have an LT1. Get used to smack talk. The only good LT1 is a highly modified one. Loved mine, but got rid of it for an LS1 as soon as I could.

go with AI heads. def get the trans built with a good stall converter and trans cooler. if you are going all out, get a Strange S60 rear over a 9". but there are ways to beef up the stock 10 bolt for a lot less than you'll spend on an aftermarket rear. spray if you want.

Quote:

pretty much. getting a decently performing vehicle for half the price new is nothing to shake a stick at. (i dont know what STI's went for, but ill take Blasst's numbers --$17,000 in 1994 for a Z28, $31,000 for a STI)

kinda like the 2010 SS vs GT500 setup. yeah, ur getting a better performer, but at a higher price. for the same amount of money, you can make the cheaper car faster. (in most cases)

Quote:

let me know when you are ready to do some modding.

Quote:
What is a "bumpy" cam. I know what a camshaft is, what does "bumpy" denote?
I would imagine that he is meaning a lopey cam. which (no offense to Sharpe), isnt always the best for your car depending on your goals.

most people like the sound of a lopey cam. but a lot of people also care more about the sound of their car than the actual performance and would rather have a mean sounding car than a truly mean car.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
MrCool

Right now, I'm going through the process of getting my DL and saving up my dough . So as of now, I'm just reading up on the car, and different mods you can do to it.

Closed Thread