Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Midnight Fury

Well it all started with all 6 of my children finally out of the house and off to college and working stiff stuff. The last to leave were my twin girls June before last.
For there graduation we took them on a cruse to Mexico. They graduated from High school and also an associates degree from community college. From the return of the cruise we parted ways and they went off to Arizona State because they wanted to go somewhere warm. A year and a half later they are in China living. (no I am not Chinese and it is cold there right now).

I have been raising kids for a long time and I found myself struggling with what to do. Here came the new dirt bike, the CBR600, and so forth.

Well I have always dreamed of owning a Camaro and of course could not justify or afford it. Never had a new car for that matter.

Well In Late September I was browsing thru the Chevy website and I came across the Dusk Mohave Special edition and that was it.( did not even need a hook to catch me)

I ordered one special with Nav, Sunroof, and Dual Mode Exhaust. I Received my order number and found this web site and started having morning virtual coffee with Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet.

Then I started browsing thru the supercharged sections and listening to all the black Friday deals going on and the next thing you know the supercharger kit is on its way to my house. Arriving long before the car was born. Thank you Steve and Gillian at RDP Motorsports.

Now I will post picture of the cars arrival from the dealership on the 21st and tear down on the 26th. Who does this?

Fast forward to today and I finally got to fire her up after some great technical help from Edelbrock.

I plan on doing several Interior lighting, suspension, and stereo mods in the future.

New car picked up with 7 mi. did not let dealer touch car at all.

Tear down 5 days later with 600mi.

All back together.

Special thanks to my lovely Wife for allowing my Indulgence. Too all of my children including the Camaro. I love you

P.S She runs and sounds like the devils spawn

Last edited by 2ssx2; 01-02-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added picture
2ssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG

Score! Grats!
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote