Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JANNETTY RACING UPDATED CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

When you Purchase an SCT X3 Hand Held Tuner from me you get 1, 93 OR, 1, 91 Octane Tune For Free for your simple bolt on mods, exclusions apply for cams, superchargers and nitrous.

PLEASE SPECIFY OCTANE WHEN REQUESTING CUSTOM TUNE, DEFAULT IS 93 OCT.

Additional Tunes with minor changes are available for 50.00 each, i.e. Second tune for a different Octane.

Your new SCT X3 will come to you Blank, You will need to connect the device to your car and Upload Stock tune file, here is how, plug the device in to your OBDII port, select Program Vehicle, Using the left arrow scroll left to UPLOAD STOCK, it will prompt you to turn on the key, do so, and hit select.

Your tuner came with a disc with Free Software called SCT Device Updater software, install this in your home or laptop computer Before you connect the device to your computer.

Then After you install and OPEN SCT Device updater software, you can connect your X3 to your computer, Drivers should install automatically, then Get Stock File, Click Browse, Find your Desktop and Click Save.

Go to your Desktop, there will be 3 files, Select the one with Your VinNumber.sul and email it to me tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, List of performance modifications, and Octane you want to run your car on, i.e 93 or 91.

PLEASE RE: READ LAST STEP, I CANNOT TUNE YOUR CAR WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

Then I will send you back a custom tune file for your mods.

Save the file to your desktop, it will be, YOUR NAME JRE TUNE.cef

Again open SCT Device Updater, Then, connect your X3 tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file, exit when finished.

Connect to your car, Select Program Vehicle, scroll left to Custom Tunes, Select JRE tune and follow the on screen prompts.

I have developed Dyno Proven tunes for all of the Product I sell, So Unless I instruct you to do so Datalogging will NOT be necessary.

If I instruct you to Datalog your car, The best way I found is to use a laptop on the seat, First Open the LiveLink Software then connect the X3 to your laptop, then connect the X3 to the OBDII Port of the car, With the Car RUNNING, Hit the connect button, a list of PIDs will come up, you will have to scroll through them selecting the Items below.

Even thought they may not be named exactly as I listed them, I want you to select the following, but try not to select anything Not listed or doubles of any of the items listed.

You may have to test several PIDs to see which ones work best or work at all on your car.

Once you find a list that works well Save Livelink Configuration file for future use.

Engine RPM - RPM
ECT engine coolant temp – ecteng clt tmp
TPS throttle position or pedal position – acc pdl pos 1s
IAT intake air temp or Air intake temp – intk Airtmp
MAF Mass Air flow Hz – Maffre 125
TIMING spark cylinder 1 – ign Tim Adv4#1cyl
KNOCK RETARD – knk ret
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – stf tri b1
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – stf tri b2
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – ltf tri b1
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – ltf tri b2

Pleas ONLY Select the PIDs Listed, Extra PIDs Slow Down Datalogging and give me useless information.

Names can vary from computer to computer but you get the Idea.

Go find a open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great, from a stop drive the car 1/4 throttle up through the gears normally shifting at about 4500 RPM.

Then repeat at about 1/2 throttle to 5500 RPM Speeding is not recommended or necessary 1st and 2nd gear are fine if you do not have the room.

Stop, and Save Datalog As, to your desktop.

Email me the log file along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, and list of performance modifications.

PLEASE RE: READ THIS STEP, I CAN NOT REFINE YOUR TUNE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

If you have other questions about SCT this is the entire FAQ section http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...goryid=3&nav=0

REMEMBER WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR PARTS FROM ME CUSTOM TUNES FOR THOSE PARTS ARE FREE.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 07-08-2011 at 07:33 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
Thank you Ted. Looking forward to receiving the SCT and TB in the mail and then uploading your tune shortly afterwards. I appreciate your outstanding customer service which, for the record, is what brought me on board as a new customer.
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
Thank you Ted. Looking forward to receiving the SCT and TB in the mail and then uploading your tune shortly afterwards. I appreciate your outstanding customer service which, for the record, is what brought me on board as a new customer.
As they say down south, We Aims to Please.

Thanks.

Ted.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Dose this work for the v6 also
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Dose this work for the v6 also
No, Sorry No V6 support at this time.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
So, this tune will cover both engine and A6 tranny?
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Correct both the Engine and Trans..
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
pnltnc1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Man I'm really wanting you tune my vehicle..just worried about the warrenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

When you Purchase an SCT X3 Hand Held Tuner from me you get 1, 93 Octane Tune For Free for your simple bolt on mods, exclusions apply for cams, superchargers and nitrous.

Additional Tunes with minor changes are available for 50.00 each, i.e. Second tune for 91 Octane.

Your new SCT X3 will come to you Blank, You will need to connect the device to your car and Upload Stock tune file, here is how, plug the device in to your OBDII port, select Program Vehicle, Using the left arrow scroll left to UPLOAD STOCK, it will prompt you to turn on the key, do so and hit select.

Your tuner came with a disc with Free Software called SCT Device Updater software, install this in your home or laptop computer Before you connect the device to your computer.

Then After you install and OPEN SCT Device updater software, you can connect your X3 to your computer, Drivers should install automatically, then Get Stock File, Click Browse, Find your Desktop and Click Save.

Go to your Desktop, there will be 3 files, Select the one with Your VinNumber.sul and email it to me tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, and list of performance modifications.

PLEASE RE READ LAST STEP, I CANNOT TUNE YOUR CAR WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

Then I will send you back a custom tune file for your mods.

Save the file to your desktop, it will be, YOUR NAME JRE TUNE.cef

Again open SCT Device Updater, Then, connect your X3 tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file, exit when finished.

Connect to your car, Select Program Vehicle, scroll left to Custom Tunes, Select JRE tune and follow the on screen prompts.

I have developed Dyno Proven tunes for all of the Product I sell, So Unless I instruct you to do so Datalogging will NOT be necessary.

If I instruct you to Datalog your car, The best way I found is to use a laptop on the seat, First Open the LiveLink Software then connect the X3 to your laptop, then connect the X3 to the OBDII Port of the car, Then Hit the connect button, a list of PIDs will come up, you will have to scroll through them selecting the Items below.

Even thought they may not be named exactly as I listed them, I want you to select the following, but try not to select anything Not listed or doubles of any of the items listed.

You may have to test several PIDs to see which ones work best or work at all on your car.

Once you find a list that works well Save Configuration file for future use.

Engine RPM
ECT engine coolant temp
TPS throttle position or pedal position
IAT intake air temp or Air intake temp
MAF Mass Air flow, grams per second
TIMING spark cylinder 1
KNOCK RETARD
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 1
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 2
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2

Go find a open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great, from a stop drive the car 1/4 throttle up through the gears normally shifting at about 4500 RPM.

Then repeat at about 1/2 throttle to 5500 RPM Speeding is not recommended or necessary 1st and 2nd gear are fine if you do not have the room.

Stop, and Save Datalog As to your desktop.

Email me the log files along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, and list of performance modifications.

PLEASE RE READ THIS STEP, I CAN NOT REFINE YOUR TUNE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

If you have other questions about SCT this is the entire FAQ section http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...goryid=3&nav=0

REMEMBER WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR PARTS FROM ME CUSTOM TUNES FOR THOSE PARTS ARE FREE.

Ted.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
I called my dealership and a tune does NOT void any warranty, or portions thereof, unless the tune or MODS can be shown to have been the direct cause of a failure. Ex. Last week they had a 2010 in that had a SC installed by an aftermarket, non-GM affiliated shop. The crank pulley was whobbling (bad). It was replaced under warranty even though the car had been modified and tuned without any questions.. Association must be shown between what you have modified and what broke or is giving you problems before a warranty is voided, and only then, partially.

Lots of post on this topic. My 2010 Pace only has 1,500 miles. The SCT that you get from Ted, stores your stock tune so that you can replace it should the dealer need to update your ECM via flash. Then, you just reload your Jannettty tune! No issue!!
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Ted, My Dad wants to get the tune checked for his car b/c of how the plugs where after he gets the TB on,and I have a question? I put the livelink on my Laptop and I seen in a different thread there was a file that has the Banks u want. Where would I load that in livelink? Thank you.
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusdish View Post
Ted, My Dad wants to get the tune checked for his car b/c of how the plugs where after he gets the TB on,and I have a question? I put the livelink on my Laptop and I seen in a different thread there was a file that has the Banks u want. Where would I load that in livelink? Thank you.
Go here and enter your serial number and you can down load the SCT LiveLink Software from the next page. http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php?PN...5&GUD=1&GSER=1
Old 03-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Go here and enter your serial number and you can down load the SCT LiveLink Software from the next page. http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php?PN...5&GUD=1&GSER=1

I went there and says Ford Programmer?

http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php?PN...0&GUD=1&GSER=1 Found it.
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
So if I get one of these tuners...With my Ported TB,BBK intake,Flowmaster AT cat back should i see some good gains ...Like how much will I notice it in the set of my pants..
Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusdish View Post
I went there and says Ford Programmer?

http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php?PN...0&GUD=1&GSER=1 Found it.
I just clicked on it and it says GM Tuner 3400