Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #939
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
DeAdMiKe187.....since yours is working fine.....I wouldn't care what version you have.....I have been customizing cars and moding them for longer than a lot of the people on this forum have been alive......and any good mechanic will tell you...." IF IT WORKS FINE.....DON'T F*@K WITH IT!!" LOL
Old 05-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #940
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
I have a 2012 and am on DB/DB but I have had my car in for noise pops/crackles. Dealer couldn't replicate and wouldn't upgrade to DB/DD...we'll see I guess!
I'm going to guess that you have an IPOD or IPhone and use it to play music.......the only people that I know of that have or has had "pops/crackles" are those that have one of the two that they are playing music through.

good luck......I personaly suggest getting a good flash drive and put your music on that.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #941
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
DeAdMiKe187.....since yours is working fine.....I wouldn't care what version you have.....I have been customizing cars and moding them for longer than a lot of the people on this forum have been alive......and any good mechanic will tell you...." IF IT WORKS FINE.....DON'T F*@K WITH IT!!" LOL
Hahaha, I know, I know. I just figured that since I *just* got the car, I want it all up-to-date now, while I'm at the dealer. But, things are going well - and the PDIM seems to be working 100% correctly, as far as I can tell. So, I'm happy. I've accepted the tech's answer, since I can't find anyone on here with a 2012 who has DB/DD.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #942
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Quote:
I'm going to guess that you have an IPOD or IPhone and use it to play music.......the only people that I know of that have or has had "pops/crackles" are those that have one of the two that they are playing music through.

good luck......I personaly suggest getting a good flash drive and put your music on that.
Yea that is exactly the case, and it's when it is connected via the cable. The sound quality over bluetooth is noticeably lower in volume and less in quality. I'd rather charge my phone and run audio via the USB, when it doesn't pop/crackle. I do have flash drives, but that's just another device in which I'll need to constantly be manageing music on.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #943
LiveStrong

Drives: 2012 Transformers Edition - 2SS/M6
Has anyone tried lowering the music file bit rate to 192 Kbps via iTunes on their iPhone. I was having the same issue with popping/static and my radio has DB/DB. After I lowered the bit rate to 192 Kbps I don't have the popping/static any longer. I would be interested to see if this helps anyone else if they are willing to try it.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #944
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Agreed. Mine was built first week of the 2012 MY and I don't have any issues and mine is DB/DB.

-Funk

Oh and I have an iPod and an Android phone and both play fine when connected to the USB. Don't care about BT for streaming music. My Android music is 320 and the iPod is whatever the default is.
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #945
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
my dealership's service manager told me today that his parts manager said the part listed on the pdf is not a part for a 2010 2LT.

I told him, I will be coming here, doing more research, and will give him the information I find.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #946
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
my dealership's service manager told me today that his parts manager said the part listed on the pdf is not a part for a 2010 2LT.

I told him, I will be coming here, doing more research, and will give him the information I find.
well This is where we got the part number....from CHEVROLET CUSTOMER SERVICE.....

and MY dealer installed that very part UNDER WARRANTEE in my 2010 2LT.....so evidently your dealer is not wanting to do what is best for you......

and as you can see.....its been installed.

Name:  BD-DD PDIM.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  51.7 KB
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #947
Holeshot82nd
Evrybody wng chung 2nite!

Drives: 11' 2SS BLK W/CMG RALLIES
Send a message via AIM to Holeshot82nd Send a message via Yahoo to Holeshot82nd
Hey fellas, quick question, what does the "DD" and "DB" mean when referring to the PDIM, and are there any new PDIM features that come with the software update?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #948
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot82nd View Post
Hey fellas, quick question, what does the "DD" and "DB" mean when referring to the PDIM, and are there any new PDIM features that come with the software update?
as seen in the picture above, the DB is the HARDWARE version, the DD is the SOFTWARE version.....

there are no additional "FEATURES" the updates were to fix bugs within the differnt Hardware/Software verions. DB/DD is the latest and greatest HD/SW currently available.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #949
Bernardinetti

Drives: 5th Gen 2011 Camaro 2SS 6.2 V8 IOM
Sorry for the lame question, but my ī11 2SS came with the handsfree bluetooth factory disabled (probably due to some dumb legal issues here, although itīs now enabled on the 2012 2SS...). Is there any way to update or change the PDIMīs firmware to a newer one that supports handsfree bluetooth? I read something about updating it using the USB port...

The guys at the dealer had no clue what I was talking about...

Thanks!!
Bernardinetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #950
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardinetti View Post
Sorry for the lame question, but my ī11 2SS came with the handsfree bluetooth factory disabled (probably due to some dumb legal issues here, although itīs now enabled on the 2012 2SS...). Is there any way to update or change the PDIMīs firmware to a newer one that supports handsfree bluetooth? I read something about updating it using the USB port...

Thanks!!
Hands free Bluetooth for the phone is in the Onstar module, not the PDIM.

I don't know why the factory would disable the hands free Bluetooth on a 2SS

Quote:
probably due to some dumb legal issues here
Where exactly is here? What country are you in? Is your car an export model?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #951
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:

Thanks!!
My 2ss, delivered in Aug 2010, had the Blue Tooth enabled when I got it. U do have to "pair" the devices tho, before they will work.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #952
Bernardinetti

Drives: 5th Gen 2011 Camaro 2SS 6.2 V8 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Hands free Bluetooth for the phone is in the Onstar module, not the PDIM.

I don't know why the factory would disable the hands free Bluetooth on a 2SS

Where exactly is here? What country are you in? Is your car an export model?
In the only place on the world where it costs over 100k USD. Brazil :S

It didnīt came with OnStar enabled, because it wonīt work here as well... But neither did my friendīs 2012, and his car has the handsfree fully operational :S

Ainīt there any updates or secret key sequences to enable that feature? Even the handsfree buttons are there on the steering whell, but it only mutes the audio when hit :S
Bernardinetti is offline   Reply With Quote