Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
10k? Dude, my dad got his 07 avalanche wholly repainted after a very small accident. Jacks quoted him 1500.
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
10k? Dude, my dad got his 07 avalanche wholly repainted after a very small accident. Jacks quoted him 1500.
Trust me on this, repainting a whole car properly, and prepping, sanding, laying the coats, resanding, clearing, sanding, polishing, etc. every single panel, and disassembling the whole car to do it correctly will cost an astronomical amount. Only the shittiest paint jobs around will cost a couple grand, and with your new car, you don't want "that" kind of paint job. It will look worse than the stock paint job, and the factory paint isn't even very good, ha-ha. This will save sooooo many headaches in the future. The only way it will cost a ton less for a complete repaint is if you were great friends with an excellent painter, but that's it.

To be honest, if I were you, I'd rather wrap the whole damn car instead of pay for a shitty paint job that you'll be very unhappy with and won't last long.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #17
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
^ +1

Wrap or buy a different Camaro in the color you want.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Trust me on this, repainting a whole car properly, and prepping, sanding, laying the coats, resanding, clearing, sanding, polishing, etc. every single panel, and disassembling the whole car to do it correctly will cost an astronomical amount. Only the shittiest paint jobs around will cost a couple grand, and with your new car, you don't want "that" kind of paint job. It will look worse than the stock paint job, and the factory paint isn't even very good, ha-ha. This will save sooooo many headaches in the future. The only way it will cost a ton less for a complete repaint is if you were great friends with an excellent painter, but that's it.

To be honest, if I were you, I'd rather wrap the whole damn car instead of pay for a shitty paint job that you'll be very unhappy with and won't last long.

Just a basic paint job runs about $5500+ these days. It only goes up from there if you want a really good paint job with good paint.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
DR TOOLS

Drives: 2012 2ss 45th Anniversary
$1500 paint job= sketchy
$15,000 re spray because it came out like crap=priceless
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Yeah a $1500 paint job is unrealistic. I'm getting my body kit painted in May and that alone is costing me $1200

Tags
forgiato wheels, future camaro owner, tcat