Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
road rage can be dealt with multiple ways...

- suck it up, swallow it, move on. most people fall into this category.

- get pissed, scream at the top of your lungs, make gestures, etc.

- the above plus intimidation tactics/road aggression

now the 'assholes' are usually the ones who drive like morons, passing people left and right, speeding, unsafe maneuvers, etc. these people are typically those who act like idiots on the road and blame others as this is actually rooted in their psychological state and character with most being very egotistical, chest-pounding unintelligent/immature young men and women.

sadly there's not much you can do about these people because they can overtake you on the road and if you respond it will usually lead to criminal charges due to it going from an asshole move on the road to physical assault or something like that.

there was only 1 time i had a REAL asshole on my tail, wasn't even in my camaro was in my trailblazer (blacked out, system, etc.) and some gray volkswagon trailed me on a highway then all of a sudden floored it, caught up and just tailgated forever, would intentionally pass and cut me off then slow down...i had a bunch of political stickers on the back of my truck, actually custom decals so that could piss people off...but nevertheless with tinted windows up i aimed my smith and wesson at him when he was pacing me, he saw, changed lanes immediately and got the **** out of dodge! i clearly had no intention of shooting or inflicting harm, but when someone puts YOU in danger on the road you have limited control and the threat of force will deter many idiots.

in today's traffic though sometimes you have to pull a fast and the furious now and then to get through your day without your head exploding. i regularly drive on 25mph roads with people going 10, 15. on 40mph people going 25. nobody pays attention to speed limits, and i live in a major city. late for work/appointments multiple times due to idiots like that, like left lane drivers who pace right lane drivers even though they are in the passing lane...dumb shit like that.

aside from the occasional instant 15mph boost in speed, change lanes and get in front of a retarded/idiotic/slow driver, the only time i had my heart pumping was the other day actually...

went for a drive one night, wanted to get back before a certain time. i hit the highway, i know most of the area so i'll take exits for various neighborhoods, spin around, go back home, nothing crazy. so i hit the highway one day and i really didn't notice that i left my seat pulled all the way up while i was vaccuuming, so my foot was A LOT closer to the pedal than it usually was....so it was a 55mph road, everyone and i mean everyone does 60 65 easy a lot of times 70 75, esp during morning/night commutes to/from work...it's almost like an unwritten rule on that highway being it's so long, everyone knows to keep up (65-75) to avoid being passed.

so on this road, rush hour night traffic i hit about 75 for the majority of the way, not much going on just cruising to music feelin' good. now here's where it gets weird...i had this weird beat up red pickup truck tailgate me for about a mile or two, changing lanes with me etc. traffic was probably 3/4ths of what rush hour is and im getting nervous, no clue what this prick is trying to do so like the OP i took my gun out and set it on the seat.

dude keeps following me. now my heart starts beating faster, but my intuition said '**** it, smoke his ass' and to this day I have absolutely NO clue how i pulled it off but what happened was i hit my left turn signal to change lanes (again), and dude had the jump on me and hit the left lane first as to 'block' me from changing lanes...i hit the perfect speed and i literally floated into the spot between the punk in the left lane and the guy in front of me, i probably cleared maybe a half inch to an inch max on each end front/back. punched accelerator and hit about 117 for about 7 or 8 seconds, slowed down, lost him in the rearview. took and exit and went home.

afterwards though, i was so geeked that i did such a move on the road. i'm not that ballsy usually but damn if that shit was recorded...
One day your going to meet the wrong person when you decide to flash your weapon. I'd be careful if I were you...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #44
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
FYI the clip (or magazine if that's the term you prefer) is always in the case for you gun experts but I don't want to get pulled over with a loaded pistol. It's illegal in my state to transport a loaded firearm even with a concealed carry permit. This is why the gun was not loaded.

Also I did not "flash" the gun. She never saw it. It was there for me, not to "scare" anyone else.

...And when I said loaded a clip, I meant inserted the clip into the gun. Every magazine I own is loaded and today was no exception. I was taught all about firearms from a young age... You know what they say: guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do. Mine taught me well.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread

Last edited by BowtieBelle; 09-27-2012 at 01:05 AM.
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #45
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Flashing a gun is just dumb. Glad you didn't do it. Next time, use your hands free to call 911 and keep them on the line until the cruiser shows up. There are enough highway patrols in Oklahoma and Arkansas (as well as Kansas), that you shouldn't have to wait long, unless you're way out in the "sticks." The other alternative is if there happens to be a HP station, drive to it. I've only had someone do something similar to what you describe once, and I happened to be heading into "work." I pulled up to the main gate, and told the Military Policeman, "We need to have a conversation with the car behind me." They busted a U-turn and the problem was sorted.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #46
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
I was heading up the Veterans Expressway here (toll road) and this giant monster truck flew past me. This stretch was 70MPH with zero traffic. I was sitting pretty at about 75 when he passed mel. The guy whips over into my lane and promptly slams on the brakes. I react and stomp on mine. The second i am stopped he takes off. I'm thinking WTH... So i proceed only moving over to the left lane while he is in the right. As i get about 100ft from him he whips over into my lane again and slams on his brakes. This time i swerve over and put the hammer down for the next 2 miles knowing a toll booth is coming with no exit.

My plan??? Tell the toll operator to have the state trooper i knew was there to pull out and stop the black monster truck coming up soon as i wanted to show them my windshield mounted video of that guy trying to kill me.

Homey was pulled over. Officer was shown the video and he was arrested on the spot.

I now have my GoPro in at all times.

Best part was the officer commenting to me. "Damn, your car is F%%$& fast"
This is awesome!!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #47
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
+1 on the not brandishing thought.

Remember how I earlier alluded to the (very) friendly gun laws in AZ...Not only can you transport a loaded gun in your car, you don't need a concealed carry permit, even to conceal. You can carry open or concealed, no permit required. You can ride a motorcycle down Central Ave with a gun in a holster in plain view if you want.

In AZ, the Castle Doctrine extends to your vehicle as well. It's not much different from your own house, in the eyes of the law.

I like AZ.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post

Remember how I earlier alluded to the (very) friendly gun laws in AZ...Not only can you transport a loaded gun in your car, you don't need a concealed carry permit, even to conceal. You can carry open or concealed, no permit required. You can ride a motorcycle down Central Ave with a gun in a holster in plain view if you want.

In AZ, the Castle Doctrine extends to your vehicle as well. It's not much different from your own house, in the eyes of the law.

I like AZ.

John B.
Must be nice. I need to move there!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #49
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post

I like AZ.

John B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Must be nice. I need to move there!

unfortunately these there are still a lot of adults who think they are still children and want to start fights.
and sometimes the people they start a fight with have a gun. that's why every once in a while you hear about road rage shootings.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #50
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
glad your ok in my state if you have the carry permit you better belive the gun is loaded other wise it defeats the perpose of being armed.... ok back in my younger days i use to repo cars and did towing..myself and my former partner in the towing biz were going to work a wreck way out in the county on a two lane in the middle of nowhere .so were traveling one behind another when this jerk thought it would be fun to mess with us...were in ford f450s no names on the trucks because we repo...this jerk would slam on his brakes and swerve all over the road trying to cause a wreck with us. i don't know what this guys problem was but hes about to open a can of worms he will wish he hadn't .now the nice part on being in a tow truck is the cow catcher up front better know as a push bumper from hell...now this guy would speed up if we tried to go around and would slam on his brakes trying to make my partner hit him so after about 30 min of this crap my partner radioed me he's going to put this jerk were he needs to be...he want to be tag in the rear so he put that big push bumper on him and began to push until dude was in a ditch along the road..called the thp tolded them i saw a possible drunk driver wreck his car and we dissapeared into the night...the jerk got what he wanted i guess
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #51
Montducati

Drives: 45th Edition SS, Ducati Diavel, 996
If you drove a SS she never would have caught you
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #52
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montducati View Post
If you drove a SS she never would have caught you

Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #53
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I did have a similar experience, driving on the interstate. I passed some nutjob and it pissed him off. He cut in front of me and kept pointing to the shoulder, like he wanted to duke it out or something. He slowed the entire interstate to 45 MPH, since he wouldn't let anyone pass him. I called the cops (as I'm sure others did also), and decided that the only way I was going to get out of the situation was to get around him somehow.

I was driving my beater of the day, a 1995 Oldsmobile 98 with a supercharged 3.8L. I went as far to the left shoulder as I could get, then gunned it while moving to the right. I was almost past him when he swerved at the car and clipped me right above the left rear wheel. I got past him and didn't look back.

State Patrol caught him ten miles down the road. He tried to run on foot, but the K9 dog took him down. They found two .38 pistols and an assault rifle in his truck. He blew a .28 on the breathalyzer.

Yeah, that was scary. The plus was that his insurance company did pay for the damage to my car. What a moron.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #54
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I did have a similar experience, driving on the interstate. I passed some nutjob and it pissed him off. He cut in front of me and kept pointing to the shoulder, like he wanted to duke it out or something. He slowed the entire interstate to 45 MPH, since he wouldn't let anyone pass him. I called the cops (as I'm sure others did also), and decided that the only way I was going to get out of the situation was to get around him somehow.

I was driving my beater of the day, a 1995 Oldsmobile 98 with a supercharged 3.8L. I went as far to the left shoulder as I could get, then gunned it while moving to the right. I was almost past him when he swerved at the car and clipped me right above the left rear wheel. I got past him and didn't look back.

State Patrol caught him ten miles down the road. He tried to run on foot, but the K9 dog took him down. They found two .38 pistols and an assault rifle in his truck. He blew a .28 on the breathalyzer.

Yeah, that was scary. The plus was that his insurance company did pay for the damage to my car. What a moron.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #55
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
We'd all be better off in so many ways if the cars would just drive themselves...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #56
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
We'd all be better off in so many ways if the cars would just drive themselves...
hell, what fun is that?

good lord, there's lots of whackos on the road...
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote