Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #281
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
hmm that's strange, are the wheels dirty, it could really just be the material used in the brake pad, the Sonax does really well on German oem pads. It does nicely on domestics but not so well on Toyota and Lexus.

have you tried 1Z einszett Colourtec or Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner?
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #282
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I'm stocked up on products,I do have P21S Gel,but have not used it yet.I'm hesitant to use the Adam's after that discoloration issue(sorry).The Lexus wheels don't get really dirty,and the chrome on the truck about the same.I just didn't think much about it until I watched some of your videos again,and noticed that the amount of purple on the cars you detailed was a lot more than I was seeing.Not a big deal,just more curious of the different results you got and what I got from using Sonax.Thanks
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #283
DetailersDomain

didn't hear about the discoloration issue is there a link?

the amount of red is because the wheels we get in house are trashed. my personal cars don't turn red much either
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #284
LikaRokBowTie

Something about the wheel weights turning green after using the Adam's,CD07 had a post on it.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #285
DetailersDomain

i see that's going to happen with all the wheel cleaning products that "bleed" all you have to do is take a mf towel and some polish and just wipe them down, its also coming up because the user is not rinsing all the product off the wheels. common problem.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #286
DetailersDomain

huh?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #287
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
i see that's going to happen with all the wheel cleaning products that "bleed" all you have to do is take a mf towel and some polish and just wipe them down, its also coming up because the user is not rinsing all the product off the wheels. common problem.
Phil, we actually pinned this down to a certain type of wheel weights that contain zinc, if I remember correctly. My wheels are the only ones that have done it out of dozens that have had the DWC treatment.

I agreed with Dylan that this was just a freak occurrence with my wheel weights and not a product problem. But it does happen every time I use it on my wheels, and my wheels only.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #288
DetailersDomain

what you can do is just hit it with some polish it will come off.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #289
LikaRokBowTie

I never followed up on what happened,I did see that Adam's was looking into what happened in your case by soaking wheel weights in the cleaner or something to that effect,I've got enough different products now,that I don't need anything else for awhile.How would you know if your weights would be affected or not?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #290
DetailersDomain

they will turn green or cloudy, all you have to do is hit them up with a little polish and you will be good to go.

it will come off.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #291
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
hello. got a question. i am picky with my cars, and per most women, ocd, lol, but reasonable. anyway, i am looking at a new 2013 black on black vert 2lt at dealer, 60 miles. i test drove this week. anyway, car real dirty with construction next door, so it was a mess, with all the other cars there. car was built a year ago, sept 2012. i am in kansas city. snow, hot , sun, heat, etc. so, if i buy car, what would you do to it before i drive daily? just have it washed, and be done. should it be waxed maybe for possible oxidation, etc? the car looks great as it is new, but been sitting in elements for a year. it just never sold yet. the vert top, black, Haartz. do anything to it? thanks! appreciate it. car has leather inside too.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #292
sam5828

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
hello. got a question. i am picky with my cars, and per most women, ocd, lol, but reasonable. anyway, i am looking at a new 2013 black on black vert 2lt at dealer, 60 miles. i test drove this week. anyway, car real dirty with construction next door, so it was a mess, with all the other cars there. car was built a year ago, sept 2012. i am in kansas city. snow, hot , sun, heat, etc. so, if i buy car, what would you do to it before i drive daily? just have it washed, and be done. should it be waxed maybe for possible oxidation, etc? the car looks great as it is new, but been sitting in elements for a year. it just never sold yet. the vert top, black, Haartz. do anything to it? thanks! appreciate it. car has leather inside too.
What I would do is use meguires cleaner first that helps tons then claybar then wax. You can do it by hand but a nice DA will work and much easier. I use all Meguires stuff and have for years.

Then for weekly or when ever use spay wax the one with the yellow gtr on the bottle.

Now for tires best stuff I found so far is turtle wax black tire coat. Stuff lasts months.

Interior I use the leather conditioner on everything makes the plastic shine forever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
sam5828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #293
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
sam528. thanks. i never done a clay bar ever. so, you would go ahead and wax it too? you think oxidation then? what about the vert top? thing is, the dealer has probably washed it several times over the year, and if i buy it, they of course will wash it again. and i bet they really do it right, 2 bucket method, etc. NOT! but, oh well. it probably has nothing on it, just sitting out in the elements though
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #294
sam5828

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
sam528. thanks. i never done a clay bar ever. so, you would go ahead and wax it too? you think oxidation then? what about the vert top? thing is, the dealer has probably washed it several times over the year, and if i buy it, they of course will wash it again. and i bet they really do it right, 2 bucket method, etc. NOT! but, oh well. it probably has nothing on it, just sitting out in the elements though
Yes you need wax on it after you do it then just keep up on using the spray wax stuff is great and smells good. As far as the top just wash it with soap and water. That's all I ever did with my vette

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
sam5828 is offline   Reply With Quote