Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #141
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I don't think that there is any question that the Stingray is the better performer in every scenario. My problem is I still like the ZL1 better. IMO the Stingray has an awful looking rear view. I just can't get pass it. The backend looks like some aftermarket retrofit gone crazy wrong out of the 70s.
I too don't like the rear view of the C7 or the 2014 Camaro either. Too much plastic going up half the car and the tail lights are not that great either. Would that stop me from getting a C7 if I could? No, its a beast of a car. I would just get black to hide all the plastic.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #142
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
I just saw a red one. Everybody checking it out! Wow!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #143
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Sorry my friend but a auto C7 BONE STOCK and I do mean stock has already run a 11.6. The DA was not even negative as in above 0 DA. Who knows what he could have run in negative DA. The C7 has only been out a matter of months so I'm sure plenty of people will be able to repeat those times or go faster. No idea what a bone stock GT500 has done yet but I'm sure it could do better with a great driver, DA and track prep. Are those times average? NO, but it shows what the car(s) are capable of. There are no less than 3 ZL1's in the 11's bone stock with 11.7 being the fastest.
ZL1 just lost 1/4 mile drag with the TESLA MODEL S
majority of ZL1 are running low/mid 12's.

the new vette looks awesome!!!

Last edited by TOBY J; 11-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #144
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Getting closer! Seen five different colors so far and four interiors. The Black and Torch Red are out of the running. Love the Night Race Blue, Velocity Yellow and the Crystal Red! Interiors; love the Kalahari and the Red. The black and gray are nice, but they don't pop or standout enough for me. Still waiting to one in White! Went back to the dealership yesterday to look at the Yellow again, and especially the Crystal Red! If it had the Z51 Pkg and Black Rims, well I may just have tried to make a deal. The Yellow one has pretty much everything I'd want, but it also has a few things I really don't want like the Dual Roof Pkg. Rather have the full Dual Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes. The stripes to me just add a little more sportiness to the look. I know, that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #145
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Normagene- Here are a pair of Crystal Reds.... and a bunch more colors. This was earlier today here in So.FL

And OldJedi's awesome Crystal Red ZL1!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #146
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
c7s have already gone 11.4 bone stock. 11.3s or faster is coming with better DA and more track time. A few simple bolt ons and they are running 10s. Amazing cars, nice interior and tons of cool high tech stuff.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #147
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
vette man all day, just a whole different level of car refinement, and it is fast enough
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #148
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Normagene- Here are a pair of Crystal Reds.... and a bunch more colors. This was earlier today here in So.FL

And OldJedi's awesome Crystal Red ZL1!
Now that's an All Star Line-up! Unbelievable, love looking at all those colors in one place. Must of drawn quite a crowd. Wish I was there to see it in person!

Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #149
Normagene

Forgot to ask which one is yours?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #150
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Forgot to ask which one is yours?
There were 2 Blade Silver's yesterday... mine is the silver Z51.

Attached Images

Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #151
Normagene

Very nice, I've been looking at that color on the "build your own" site. Playing around w/different options and what not like the carbon flash full length dual stripes. I was wondering though on those stripe kits if you can wax over them or would that ruin them since they don't have a clear coat over them.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #152
Normagene

Just found an Arctic White w/full length dual body stripes in carbon flash and the mirrors/spoiler. W/Blk rims as well, plus an Cyber Gray, but both have black interiors. Excited that I will finally see the last two colors I've been wanting to check out. The White is almost the way I would order mine, but with either red or Kalahari interior and seven speed manual Who knows maybe I'll get the automatic.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #153
Stingray
just can't get enough

I have personally seen every C7 color already and honestly it looks great in any color so a win-win situation no matter which pick. Got to drive them at high speeds and aggressively too at the Stingray Precision Event last month. Lead cars were new Camaros driven by ex-pro race car drivers... what a memorable experience that was! Every color was represented except Blade Silver...some pics below. And in regards to your question about waxing stripe kits, the answer is do not wax over the vinyl stripes. Oh yeah, Arctic White on Adrenaline Red looks awesome!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #154
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I have personally seen every C7 color already and honestly it looks great in any color so a win-win situation no matter which pick. Got to drive them at high speeds and aggressively too at the Stingray Precision Event last month. Lead cars were new Camaros driven by ex-pro race car drivers... what a memorable experience that was! Every color was represented except Blade Silver...some pics below. And in regards to your question about waxing stripe kits, the answer is do not wax over the vinyl stripes. Oh yeah, Arctic White on Adrenaline Red looks awesome!

Lucky to be You! Sounds like you're living the life. On my Fantasy Wish List is to someday get on a track, and at the top of my list is to have a Pro Driver in the passenger seat. Would love having a pro instruct me to get the most out of my novice driving abilities!

I noticed on the Adrenaline Red in the 3LT it doesn't cover the entire dash like the Kalahari, must be due to reflection issue I'm guessing, but it still looks awesome mixed with the black. Yeah it's hard to beat that Arctic White with the Red interior, black interior is okay, but IMO it doesn't pop like the Red or Kalahari. I will say in the Blade Silver the gray or black is really nice.

Hope to go and check out that White one and Gray one next weekend! Very exciting, and I agree, they look great in all the colors I've seen so far!