Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Thumbs down TransColor Photo

Update: See post #3:

I know TransColor is not a vendor on Camaro5, but there is a good chance that members will or have had interaction with this company.

TransColor is located at 242 West Main St. #411, Hendersonville TN. There phone number is 1-800- 930-0213. They like to set up at car shows and take pictures of the cars as they enter the show. The owners then have the chance to see their cars picture and have it photo shopped on to quite a few different backgrounds. They have a trailer equipped to edit and print the photos on site. This is where it all started to go wrong for me.

TransColor took a photo of my car as I drove into the Spring Valley car show on 25 May 2013 here in Columbia SC. Later, I went to their trailer and looked over the photo of my car and picked a background. I paid for the photo and was told that they were having printer problems and they should have the pictures printed later in the day. I went by there trailer as the show was closing and was informed that they were still having printer problems and they would fix everything and get the pictures to us within the next week. I thought nothing of this as several members of my club had dealt with TransColor before and had good luck. I'm not sure about others, but there was myself and two other members of my club in this situation.

The end of next week, 31 May, saw only one member of our club with his picture, and it was a nice picture free of defects and edited as he had instructed them to do. The other member and myself then started to call TransColor to inquire about the status of our pictures. We finally got a call back after several days and phone messages. There was an excuse about being out of town and not having the shipping supplies with them. I finally received what I thought was my picture on 8 July. I noticed that it was mailed from Ocala FL on 6 June, nearly a week after I was told I would have the picture. Imagine my surprise when I open the mailing tube and it was the picture of other club member’s car. OK, no big deal, he has mine and we’ll swap. I called the other member and he had received nothing that day. He did finally receive my picture on 12 June. He called me and said that he had looked at the picture and it seemed to him that there must have been printer problems.

I was finally able to get my picture from him on 17 June since he lives in another town. I looked at it and there were several problems. I’m no photoshop expert so all I know is that it looked pixilated in spots. I called TransColor and got there voicemail, but no phone call was returned. This went on for several weeks; calling several times a day and nothing. On 6 July, another picture shows up in the mail. I open it up and find that the editing I had wanted done; my windows tinted; was not done on this picture and the same defective spots on the first picture were still there. There was no effort to fix anything. Just print it and ship it and hope I would not say anything.

I then started calling TransColor again and finally got a call back on 12 July. We discussed the problems I had with the picture but were really sorry, were on the road to a show and we’ll call you back on Monday 15 July and discuss this further. I started calling again on 17 July and here it is, 23 July and still nothing.

I’m going to let my credit card company deal with this company now, since it seems they have no intention of even trying to satisfy me.

Buyer BEWARE of this company. If you can get your picture on site and review it for defects, great, just don’t expect them to do the right thing once they leave the show.

Update: TransColor just called me. There excuse for not calling me when they said they would is that there on the road, but they called me from a cell phone. At first they said they could not do anything for me until they get back home on 15 Aug. When I then said to hell with it, just give me a refund, I was told that they can get me a new photo, but it will be on photo paper and not canvas like the original. So that's what I elected to go with. I specifically asked them if I would have it by the end of next week and was told yes. We shall see, but I'm not holding my breath.

She did say they were going to be in Indy next weekend, so they will be at the Fest. BEWARE

Last edited by SSMickey; 08-01-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Update information
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Good luck with it companies like that just don't care.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Update: Just received the picture that I was promised. It's beautiful. TransColor finally came through.