Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 02-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #1
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
AC blowing warm.

Hey, so recently my ac has stopped blowing cold air and is just very warm. I went to autozone and got a r-134a bottle and when I just put the hose on the low side valve the gauge showed at 55psi and was directly on the line between green and red.
My car is a 2010 SS LS3 with 67k miles. AC belt is still on, checked just incase.
Any ideas what I can do or should do?

Thanks.
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Possibly heater blend door. Do a search on the forum. You won’t be happy.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #3
Cali_Camaro_SS

Ok so I looked it up and yea I don’t like it at all ��. How would I know if that’s the problem or if it’s something else? Just take it in for a diagnostic?
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Old 02-11-2022, 08:29 PM   #4
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Think you can crimp the rubber hose going to the heater core or both hoses real quick with some vice grips and see if it starts blowing cold with no coolant going to the core. If so probably the blend door.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #5
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I would think that if the blend door is broken the heat temp wouldn’t change no matter what the temp dial position was turned to as the blend door can’t move. Try it and post back your result. Another thing to try is if the windshield fogs up, turn on the defroster with the a/c on and temp set to med-high. If windshield clears it means the a/c is working.
If it doesn’t clear then the a/c isn’t working.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #6
Natepetz
UNCTRLD

Drives: 2012 RS/SS2 Convertible.
I'm guessing the blend door. I replaced mine. Think it was $26 on Rockauto.com. There are videos on youtube to cut out the old and install the new one. Takes some time, but way cheaper than having the dealer do it for $2,500-3,000.
Natepetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:49 PM   #7
Cali_Camaro_SS

Hey thanks for all the info. I’ll try some of these ideas out and get back to this post in a bit 👍

Old 02-28-2022, 01:49 AM   #8
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey thanks for all the info. I’ll try some of these ideas out and get back to this post in a bit 👍
This might help you, as well.

Heater Blend Door Forum Database
Old 05-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #9
Cali_Camaro_SS

So I’ve watched almost all the videos about cutting out the plastic piece. I see that the heater core is extremely close behind the cut. How do people avoid not hitting it or cutting it? Do you just have to be extremely careful when on that side and barley cut through the plastic at the left side? Just from the vids it seems it’s like a quarter to half an inch behind the cut which scares me lol.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:56 PM   #10
Jwelsh

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey, so recently my ac has stopped blowing cold air and is just very warm. I went to autozone and got a r-134a bottle and when I just put the hose on the low side valve the gauge showed at 55psi and was directly on the line between green and red.
My car is a 2010 SS LS3 with 67k miles. AC belt is still on, checked just incase.
Any ideas what I can do or should do?

Thanks.
Welcome to the busted blend door club. You have 2 options: 1) Have a shop do it and pay $3,000 or 2) Do it yourself doing the blend door hack. I’m just about finished doing mine and it wasn’t that bad except the hot plastic landing on your face while your trying to keep from cutting to deep.
Jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote