Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2017, 03:19 AM   #43
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Stock RS is LFX is limited to 155. Car and driver said top speed without limiter is 162.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #44
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Interesting. RS is nothing more than an appearance package though, correct? No actual performance mods?

My speed limiter is completely removed from Overkill. Would be scared shitless and don't think I'd have the balls to push it to 162... 125 was hairy enough on a public road...

Also. To the brake comment - agree 100%.

I actually bought a set of 1LE Brembo's off a fellow member that are in the mail as we speak. Can't wait to get them on. The stock V6 brakes are kinda a joke with our dinky little calipers. Search around for a pair of take offs.

I got a VERY FAIR deal on a complete set of fronts. Brakes, pads, rotors, lines with about 25k on them. Direct bolt on replacement for the fronts.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #45
Camaro1037

Drives: 2015 Camaro Ls
So any more data runs ?

http://www.carsponsors.com/applicati...ut/Camaro1037/
Camaro1037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #46
sspade

Yes. Deleted my first one that I made while running 87 fuel / 87 tune and took another one running 93 fuel / 91 tune. Sent that to Will last week... Still waiting for him to send me a revision.

Once I get this first revision I am going to get on a Dyno that I found locally for 3 pulls and AFR readings. I will then submit these to Will for a "final tune" until I make any more mods.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #47
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Interesting. RS is nothing more than an appearance package though, correct? No actual performance mods?.
Well, the perrelli Z's are rated for 155mph and the 18's on the LS, and LTmodels are rated for 118mph, that's why the limiter is differently on the RS and the non-RS V-6's. So tires are a performance mod to answer your question.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #48
sspade

Okay, Im following you now...
Old 03-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #49
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Okay, Im following you now...
Power has been out for five days so no internet.. That's why I didn't get back to you. Lol.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #50
sspade

Heard about that... my dad in Rochester, NY had the same thing for 48 hours...

Anyways. Will responded this morning and said that my initial tune did not require too much tweaking based on the data I provided him.

He did however say he made "minor revisions to fueling" AND ALSO made me a 93 octane file that I had requested.

Hopefully get this installed this weekend and then shoot for Dyno next week.

Will then provide will a final data log and AFR readings for my final tune until I make another mod.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #51
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Heard about that... my dad in Rochester, NY had the same thing for 48 hours...

Anyways. Will responded this morning and said that my initial tune did not require too much tweaking based on the data I provided him.

He did however say he made "minor revisions to fueling" AND ALSO made me a 93 octane file that I had requested.

Hopefully get this installed this weekend and then shoot for Dyno next week.

Will then provide will a final data log and AFR readings for my final tune until I make another mod.
Cool, good luck on the rollers!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #52
Camaro1037

So any dyno work done ?
Also did you notice the difference from the 87 to 93 difference ?
Waiting for my fuel light to come on and will switch over to 93 tune myself .

Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #53
sspade

Having trouble locating a Dyno close by. There was a guy who called himself BlackOps Motorsports in Lynchburg who I spoke to and claimed to have a dyno. Talked to him a couple times about setting up a time to get on. Nothing ever came fruition and now he has completely ghosted me. What a jackass.

Havent had time to travel to another city yet. I can easily get to Roanoke, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, and Lynchburg (where Im located). If anyone knows of any dyno's around - I would really appreciate a heads up.

As for the 93 tune... honestly cant say that its a HUGE difference or anything but I do feel the car runs very strong and am happy with the performance overall since switching to the Overkill tune in general.

Really want to get AFR readings and report back to Will for a final tune until I make any more mods. I know he has a unit that we can rent but Im trying to avoid that and get the readings done at the same time as getting my RWPH/Torque measurements on a Dyno...
Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #54
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Seems like there are a lot of jackasses around in the car/mod/shop world. Hopefully the guy didn't hold himself out here on Camaro5. You'll probably find some in NoVa but that's a pretty good drive for you. Good Luck.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #55
Camaro1037

Quote:
As for the 93 tune... honestly cant say that its a HUGE difference or anything but I do feel the car runs very strong and am happy with the performance overall since switching to the Overkill tune in general.
I will also say I have not seen a HUGE difference either. Also I have notice the car runs very strong. I did grab a data run and will be sending it back to will. Just to see if anything else could be change around. He did that to the 87 octane file and the resend was amazing. So hopefully it will be even better for the 93 octane file. Still hunting around for a dyno in my area .

Old 04-23-2017, 04:07 AM   #56
Naci

Drives: Camaro RS LFX
Get my tune from Will Overkill 2 weeks ago, after waiting for weeks on the package to arrive in Germany.
Immediately I played the 93 Octane Tune. Decided to do the 1st log in the city traffic (nothing spectacular) and after that on the highway. In Germany, there are no speed limits on highways . After warming up the oil I gave full throttle.
I did a couple of time runs on the highway before the tune and felt the difference. Top speed with tune was 155 mph @ 7160 rpm in 4th gear. (Told Will that I need the 5th gear)
After some top speed drives I made some acceleration from 0-200 kmh or 125 mph and the time was impressive. Before the Tune on the same track it took me 26.3 sec. With the Tune 21.7 sec.
I sent the log data to Will and he was pleased to see a highspeed long run. Now activated the 5 gear again, softened the gear change under heavy throttle a bit for me and made a few smaller settings also .
Unfortunately I could not test since, because only bad weather and rain for almost 2 weeks .
I hope to test the top speed soon and hopefully go over 160 mph.
After that next is to run a dyno.

Best wishes from Germany,
Naci
Naci is offline   Reply With Quote