Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #85
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
Hey Jeff,
We've been so busy shipping kits, I haven't had a chance to tell you about the awesome upgrades we've made since your IPS powered spreadsheet was made. Here are some of the changes that need to be made:

- The turbochargers are offered either come with Precision's by default but were all about what the customer wants so if they would like to run the Turbonetics units, we can do that as well.

- Our Precision turbine housings (and even Turbonetics) use Stainless Steel mounting and discharge flanges.

- The intercooler is powder coated BUT we barely spray the core at all. Just enough to give it some color without making the cooler work inefficiently.

- Kenne Bell boost-a-pump is recomended but not required. We used to use the MSD pumps but they dont seem to work as well. Again, customer preference- if they have to have an MSD unit by all means get one.

- The kits can come with 81lb injectors (per request) but we found that most of the community wouldn't need an injector that big. Injector sizing is critical as you know which is why we thought the 60lbs were more suitable.

- The oil drains are steel braid w/Teflon crimped ends
- the oil feed lines are steel braid Teflon crimped ends
We didn't have a sporty name for them- they are what they are
we dont use the push lock setup any more for the drains

- with a real conservative tune, 91 octane gas, we were able to make 615RWHP/613TQ on 7.75psi on an M6 on a hot day.

- our turbochargers come with a real warranty through Precision and also Turbonetics. "other" manufactures make you believe there's a warranty but yeah I wont even go there

- Any components that we manufactured (by TTi), have a limited life time warranty. Its the same warranty we've always offered with all our systems. If the part is something that is out of warranty or beyond our means of repair, we always help the customer out with the cost of repairs. The weak links in this scenario used to be manifolds. In this case, the Camaro kits use the stock exhaust manifolds so were we aren't anticipating any manifold failure. (I haven't had any of our Corvette prematurely fail) The parts we use will also have a warranty through the manufacture.

Thats all I can think of right now. Its been a long work week. and thats about how I feel right now! jk

Anyhow, when you update this spread sheet, I'll go over it again and make sure everything is right. Just shoot me an instant message. I also need to get data from George and Joey on some of the specifics as well.

On a side note, I noticed your website pricing doesn't reflect what your spread sheet says? Might want to change that so customers know that your kit costs the most- its only fair
Ill make the updates and get the revised chart up today or tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping things on-topic
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #86
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Ill make the updates and get the revised chart up today or tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping things on-topic
Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to copy this info off the kit producers web sites and having it all in one place.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #87
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Thank you for taking the time to copy this info off the kit producers web sites and having it all in one place.
I think a better way to say it is - Thanks for taking the time to only put up the parts you want on other companies kits
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #88
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
[QUOTE=Granatelli;2252295]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.

I would suggest, when doing your homework on which kit to buy, that you contact the manufacture and find out for yourself what is included with each system.[/QUOTE]

Same answer different time
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #89
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
ok Jeff I think I am getting confused with all this back and forth stuff...I suggest u really detail the kits and be absolutely certain u have the right stuff, aka add * ...with denotations and side bars for references, ...discuss in detail the differences between parts, advantages and disadvantages further...i mean this takes leg work...but its what we all want to make a really informed choice...and as always I thank every1 for all info...I am on the fence, but just want to make the best choice for me
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #90
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
ok Jeff I think I am getting confused with all this back and forth stuff...I suggest u really detail the kits and be absolutely certain u have the right stuff, aka add * ...with denotations and side bars for references, ...discuss in detail the differences between parts, advantages and disadvantages further...i mean this takes leg work...but its what we all want to make a really informed choice...and as always I thank every1 for all info...I am on the fence, but just want to make the best choice for me
I made it as detailed as posting the spreadsheet up as an image using print/screen would allow

I have asked repeatedly (I would quote myself each time but that would take way too long) to have any manufacturer or re-seller of a turbo kit correct or add any info on the chart. Hellion, Fastlane, and TTi have all done that and the "New and Improved" version will be up today. We have changed a few things on ours as well so my IPS updates/improvements will be included as well

Since I have a funny feeling most people didn't scroll down the first page of this thread to see the initial chart revision I will edit my first post with today's update to minimize any confusion.
Jeff
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #91
jordan 572

Drives: none
sounds like everyone is letting there ego get to them
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #92
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
That is why I figured I would just start a different thread and add all the current info there. Then I figured I probably should just email it to some random member on here and have them tweak or modify it as they see fit so the facts in it are not "Biased" in any way.
Jeff
Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #93
karr1008
Supercharging

Drives: 20XX Camaro SS
Subscribed!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #94
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
That is why I figured I would just start a different thread and add all the current info there. Then I figured I probably should just email it to some random member on here and have them tweak or modify it as they see fit so the facts in it are not "Biased" in any way.
Jeff
Jeff, as an observer on the forum, I never thought your comparison was one sided as it was attacked to be and I'm sure it's very useful to many others. Another option is to make sure your kit data is all in there and then put the list on your website. This way, anyone interested can go to the site and see for themselves. Many companies put comparison list on their list and this will avoid this political quarrel.
Just my two cents!
..Ben
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #95
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Jeff, as an observer on the forum, I never thought your comparison was one sided as it was attacked to be and I'm sure it's very useful to many others. Another option is to make sure your kit data is all in there and then put the list on your website. This way, anyone interested can go to the site and see for themselves. Many companies put comparison list on their list and this will avoid this political quarrel.
Just my two cents!
..Ben
+1

From what I've read in several of these TT threads, especially this one, Jeff has put up as much info as he knows about each kit, whether its better or worse than his own. He even put out an open invitation on numerous occasions that other companies could add whatever specs and details they wanted....I don't see the bias Sure IPS will want people to buy their kit, thats business, but i havn't seen them pull a bag over anyone's eyes or make false comparisons.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #96
ipimpthisc
Banned

From what I've read in several of these TT threads, especially this one, Jeff has put up as much info as he knows about each kit, whether its better or worse than his own. He even put out an open invitation on numerous occasions that other companies could add whatever specs and details they wanted....I don't see the bias Sure IPS will want people to buy their kit, thats business, but i havn't seen them pull a bag over anyone's eyes or make false comparisons.

I fully agree on this after a very impartial look...and Jeff has communicated with me and sought to speak with me on a few occasions, as well ted from jeannetty and liverrnois...so i must commend him...I think i will go with the ips kit...i am really leaning towards it,,,btw jeff i am still waiting for the call with the specifics we spoke of...this is a big move for me....so i want to really make an informed and safe choice given all aspects
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #97
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Thumbs up

I agree, Jeff you have my vote and when I get the money it will be going towards a TT kit from IPS.

Vendors, take heed from this, we don't care if you claim to be the best or have the best. Put your information out on the table and let it speak for itself. You've all done a great deal of work making the kits, let them speak for themselves and let US do the deciding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post

I fully agree on this after a very impartial look...and Jeff has communicated with me and sought to speak with me on a few occasions, as well ted from jeannetty and liverrnois...so i must commend him...I think i will go with the ips kit...i am really leaning towards it,,,btw jeff i am still waiting for the call with the specifics we spoke of...this is a big move for me....so i want to really make an informed and safe choice given all aspects
tsears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #98
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
HI Jordan...I need an EGO BOSST...like tt with ic and 700 rwhp...yippeeeeeee