Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #99
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Very cool here are some pics of my new home with a 3 car garage I am having my garage door guy come in and install all new tracks so I can add a lift in my 3rd car garage so I can have the car on the lift up in the air with the garage open.

I would double check these are the standard garage door tracks most builders here in Central Florida use.

Sean
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #100
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
the only thing prefab'd on this house will be the ceiling trusses. Everything else will be built from scratch.

We don't have a foam option but we did go with a celulose insulation. I forget what the actual rating is with the cellulose... I want to say it was close to 30??? total guess.
It looks like a cocoon in my attic with the spray foam. Polyurethane Spray Foam nets you R26 in the walls and R45 in the ceiling. The only way to get a better wall "R" rating is by building the walls with 2x6's. I can go in my attic in the dead heat of a TX summer and it is only around 90°F up there. I don't have a single roof/attic vent or soffet vent. The only vents are the ones for the bath exhaust fans, stove top exhaust fan and the ambient vent for the A/C handler. Our house is so air tight that it needs the A/C handler to vent to ambient to balance the air and get a fresh air exchange.

NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #101
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
is 220v garage outlet on your list?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #102
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
is 220v garage outlet on your list?
Need to be able to run that big compressor!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #103
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Need to be able to run that big compressor!
Yup even a good small one would benefit. Something else that's gonna happen.....

Chris: "Oh man! I broke my thingy, do you know how much they charge to weld thingies back? I could buy my own welder and do it myself for those prices! If only I had a 220v outlet in my garage :("

Now, you wanna talk "Tim Taylor"... 3-phase FTW!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #104
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Yup even a good small one would benefit. Something else that's gonna happen.....

Chris: "Oh man! I broke my thingy, do you know how much they charge to weld thingies back? I could buy my own welder and do it myself for those prices! If only I had a 220v outlet in my garage :("

Now, you wanna talk "Tim Taylor"... 3-phase FTW!
MOAR POWER!!!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #105
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Your lift sketch appears to be like the one George has at MGW. It was pretty compact and handy
Attached Images

f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #106
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
MOAR POWER!!!
*insert Tim Taylor man grunt here*
Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #107
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #108
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ok

Compiling a list of lifts that I may, might get "permission" to buy sometime before I die...

2 post.

Seems to be the only one that will fit. But, kinda expensive... 6K ish installed.
http://www.mohawklifts.com/consumer/specs/a7spec.php

4 post.

Tons of different ones out there... ALI Cert on all of these.

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...8-standard.htm

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...dpakhd-9st.htm

In-ground... Dreeeeaaaammmmmiiiiiing...

https://www.psedealerequipment.com/node/201514

http://www.mohawklifts.com/wp/consum...ts-from-autop/
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #109
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Chris - Just a thought but since I am building a garage and will be putting a lift I had a friend come over and talk about what I wanted.

A 4 post would be nice if I was willing to buy the attachmens to lift the car off the drive on ramps- downside added cost.

He suggested I check some local places that might be upgrading their shops and could buy a lift relatively cheaper than new. I missed a 2 post for 900.00 by 2 hours. Guy just needed a bigger lift for trucks.

I talked with Vengeance as they only have 2 post lifts and they suggested unless I would be using it for storage purposes 2 post would do just fine.

Just some food for thought.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #110
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Hey guys a developer here in San Diego is going to build 17 homes just for gearheads. One level house with the option of buying from a four car garage up to eight. It is very tempting to look into buying one. Of course the fourth garage is for the work bench and the refrigerator for Tequila & Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #111
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wait......... first this..........

http://www.taylordyno.com/catalog/chassis-dynamometer

http://www.maha-usa.com/cps/rde/xchg...hs.xsl/234.htm
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #112
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Chris - Just a thought but since I am building a garage and will be putting a lift I had a friend come over and talk about what I wanted.

A 4 post would be nice if I was willing to buy the attachmens to lift the car off the drive on ramps- downside added cost.

He suggested I check some local places that might be upgrading their shops and could buy a lift relatively cheaper than new. I missed a 2 post for 900.00 by 2 hours. Guy just needed a bigger lift for trucks.

I talked with Vengeance as they only have 2 post lifts and they suggested unless I would be using it for storage purposes 2 post would do just fine.

Just some food for thought.
I would love a two post but the way I had to configure my garage it would be set in the middle of the two car... making it a one car...

At least with a 4 post I can move it around and stash it on one side when not in use and move it to the middle for when I need to work on stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
Hey guys a developer here in San Diego is going to build 17 homes just for gearheads. One level house with the option of buying from a four car garage up to eight. It is very tempting to look into buying one. Of course the fourth garage is for the work bench and the refrigerator for Tequila & Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote