Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #15
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7311 View Post
This is not my car...copyright. ..But I made a similar ramp to crawl up underneath. ..

12 feet long and cut for rear wheels to climb up and down into the garage...what do you think?
This is the direction I was headed in. Just need to stop just why of when I hit and see how much clearance I need. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #16
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
.. That is just an idea but build ramp long enough for the back wheels to"step-up-and-step-down" and into garage. .

Ramp should be length from back wheel to front (placed between both wheels) build steps..

As soon as front wheel hit the garage apex, then stage the wood step by tires

... u will need something to prevent wood slip...Keep us posted
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #17
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Makes perfect sense. I was thinking about slippage too. I'll have to see what's available besides just screwing it into the concrete.

Saw my neighbor the other day (the one directly across my driveway, we're on a corner) and he pulled out of his garage in a silver Camaro. looks like he had his driveway redone.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #18
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Go get a sheet of 3/4" plywood. Cut it into 2-3' wide strips while you are at HD or Lowes. When you get home, drive the car into the garage until you are about a foot away from dragging. Put the cut ply wood in front of the tires and drive up on it. If you need to, stack them as needed until you no longer drag. I can't think of a cheaper way of doing it. You only need to keep the front raised up until the middle clears the hump.

After you get the right height, glue and screw the boards together. This should last you a very long time. I think the ply board was $15 per sheet last time I looked. Elmers wood glue and some short wood screws and you're all set.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #19
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Go get a sheet of 3/4" plywood. Cut it into 2-3' wide strips while you are at HD or Lowes. When you get home, drive the car into the garage until you are about a foot away from dragging. Put the cut ply wood in front of the tires and drive up on it. If you need to, stack them as needed until you no longer drag. I can't think of a cheaper way of doing it. You only need to keep the front raised up until the middle clears the hump.

After you get the right height, glue and screw the boards together. This should last you a very long time. I think the ply board was $15 per sheet last time I looked. Elmers wood glue and some short wood screws and you're all set.
Thanks!! I was leaning this direction, just don't have the time really to handle it, but I'll make the time. Maybe this weekend. I am on vacation a few more days and need to handle this before I go back.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #20
2010SSRSM6

Looks like you guys have been working hard getting everything ready for the moving in.....not sure I'd call that a vacation. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #21
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Looks like you guys have been working hard getting everything ready for the moving in.....not sure I'd call that a vacation. lol

Hahah, vacation from work, but not vacation. We're getting there. Stove and microwave are delivered tomorrow. Cable guy is here now. My oldest son starts school tomorrow. More unpacking to do then I can try and fix this garage situation. My oldest also started soccer this week. First game is Saturday lol.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #22
2010SSRSM6

Are you going to have a bunch of stuff stored in the garage right away? If not you may want to try to get a laser level and verify the floor in there is level. That is technically part of the foundation, so if there is an issue, your home warranty will cover it.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #23
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
My buddy had the same issue at his house. To say the least we tried being badasses and still drove his project car up. It ended up digging a groove in the driveway.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #24
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

The "RV" parking next to the garage behind the gate is much less severe of an angle. I could swing that easily, but a pain to deal with the gate and backing out at 4am heading to work.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #25
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
The "RV" parking next to the garage behind the gate is much less severe of an angle. I could swing that easily, but a pain to deal with the gate and backing out at 4am heading to work.
That would be the easiest route for now until you change up the driveway.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Are you going to have a bunch of stuff stored in the garage right away? If not you may want to try to get a laser level and verify the floor in there is level. That is technically part of the foundation, so if there is an issue, your home warranty will cover it.

i'm trying my damnedest to not have to put stuff in there. so far so good..aside from empty boxes until i can break them down and recycle them. lots of storage in the garage though. it's super tall in there (a lot taller than normal) so there's lots of space in the rafters and i've got a tall ladder to get stuff up and down from there. the yard tools are in the shed in the backyard so those can stay out of the garage too!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #27
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports View Post
That would be the easiest route for now until you change up the driveway.
it's looking more and more appealing...lol
Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #28
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

so i'm still unpacking at the house so i haven't had much time to try anything, but i found these online while searching for some car stops so i don't hit the wall when i do get the car in there..lol. not a very deep garage either. i think these would be what i'm building out of wood. same concept and easier to just drop $70 and buy one. would last longer. i'll be measuring this weekend to see if it would work.

http://www.discountramps.com/speed-hump/p/DH-SP-22M/