Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #43
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfield23 View Post
I could of swore that Razzi rear end was only available for the v8?
Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #44
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
I know what im getting next
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
I have the the V8 rear on mine. There's no difference
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #46
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
Good to know!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #47
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
Haha did you get your dilemma fixed with extreme dimensions? I felt pretty bad for you
Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
Shifty11
Proud Challenger Owner

Drives: Black '11 Challenger.
For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome

-Fredericton, New Brunswick "The North Side"

I make Youtube Videos. Challenger's, Camaro's, Video Games, and the occasional randomness. Please go check out my channel!
Please Subscribe, Thumbs Up & Comment!! It'd really help me out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJackedGamer?feature=mhee
Shifty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #49
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftySS View Post
For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome
LOL, maybe it was hungry...and wanted to get a buzz

Thanks a lot for the compliments, man ....much appreciated.

Yeah I was pretty mad when those things went down, but at least I was pretty lucky there was no lasting damage done from any of it.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #50
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.
pistolgripcopo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripcopo1 View Post
Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.
Thanks for the props man! Much appreciated. SW is my favorite color for sure and if I had to do it all over again I'd go with SW.

Yeah I've seen some rear window louvers on some of the cars on here and they can look cool but it's not my thing and it's not something I would want on my car.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #52
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

What I spent my afternoon doing. The air bag was the worst! Still haven't gotten the 12v plug out of the center console bezel. Help....anyone??? LOL. I got the traction control button out okay. I may just paint the bezel with the piece in the bezel.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #53
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

I'm so mad right now while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! So now I'm going to try and do a bit of wetsanding (which I've never done before) to try and fix it. Not sure what I'm going to do about the pieces with debris in the paint. Maybe I'll plastidip over it. I don't feel like taking the paint off and doing it all over again. Anyway I'll be posting up pics when I'm done. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
I'm so mad right now while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it. As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #55
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it. As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.
Hey man these are some good ideas, I appreciate it. I may have to try some of these next time because I'm terrible. I finally finished and it's not 100% perfect but it'll do for now. I ended up doing some wetsanding (for the first time in my life I'll add) and it worked better than I thought it would.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #56
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Finished painting all the pieces. Yep, this is my "garage" I get to paint in.
Attached Images