Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: When will my car get keyed next?
Dude. I just *finished* keying your car again. 14 26.42%
Tonight. 2 3.77%
Tonight AND tomorrow night. 8 15.09%
Just as soon as your neighbor's Freddie Kreuger glove is back from the cleaner's. 8 15.09%
As soon as your neighbor finishes his/her six-pack of MGD. 14 26.42%
Never. Next time we'll use a fireman's axe. 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #29
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Sounds like it was her. Let the air out of all of her tires just to break her balls. This way in the minute chance that she didn't do it, you didn't permanently damage her rig. She'll get the point.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:39 PM   #30
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Man.... I don't even like driving this car if I know I have to park in a parking lot for 5 whole minutes - how do you people live everyday having to park in these cesspools 24/7 - you have my sympathies!
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #31
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
Not a bad idea...stopping her in passing and asking if she's had any issues or seen anything, maybe. Of course she'll say no, that's a good time to casually bring up that you've got cameras up now (maybe in the car, too, dash cams front and back!) and hope to catch whomever keeps doing it.
Bingo we have a winner.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Make up a flyer and put it on every car in the parking lot with it saying you are offering a reward to anyone for anyone with information leading to the arrest and conviction on the person vandalizing your car. Make sure her vehicle has one on it.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #33
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Thanks guys

I have a few things in the works. I've talked to the cop that lives here, he was very interested. I've spoken to everyone I meet here about it and how some other cars have been vandalized. I've recruited some local kids that think my car is cool, to keep their eyes open- they see everything.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #34
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
New poll:
Got the car back today, damage repaired, second time. When will it get keyed again?
I should make a post called when will I get broken into again/ when will someone attempt to break in. Why do people hurt beautiful things... Best of luck man, I know the feeling...I had my front bumper keyed while on vacation too. People are special.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #35
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
I should make a post called when will I get broken into again/ when will someone attempt to break in. Why do people hurt beautiful things... Best of luck man, I know the feeling...I had my front bumper keyed while on vacation too. People are special.
That sucks. My '70 Buick got broken into once. I don't know what the person was going to steal, the 50 dollar casette tape radio? Deep Purple casettes? It was the pointlessness of it that pissed me off. After that, I rigged an kill circuit that took electricity out of the forward harness completely, rigged the hood so that it needed a special tool to open, and I never locked my doors again- by all means, try to hot wire it. Just don't rip the convertible roof, open the door.

Few people have respect for things any more. How many times do you see people leaning on or even sitting on cars they do not own? I feel that years ago, people knew they'd catch a beating, and today, they know they won't 999 times out of 1000, because the person serving the beat down will get in trouble.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
That sucks. My '70 Buick got broken into once. I don't know what the person was going to steal, the 50 dollar casette tape radio? Deep Purple casettes? It was the pointlessness of it that pissed me off. After that, I rigged an kill circuit that took electricity out of the forward harness completely, rigged the hood so that it needed a special tool to open, and I never locked my doors again- by all means, try to hot wire it. Just don't rip the convertible roof, open the door.

Few people have respect for things any more. How many times do you see people leaning on or even sitting on cars they do not own? I feel that years ago, people knew they'd catch a beating, and today, they know they won't 999 times out of 1000, because the person serving the beat down will get in trouble.
I have to agree with you here. I remember when I first got the car I caught some guys wife taking a picture of him leaning on my cars hood...had his kid partially sitting on the front bumper like it was some landmark or something. They seemed so upset when I remote started the engine and got in...like if I was ruining their shot.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote