Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #15
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
This is what worries me about the leather...

Whats up with all the wrinkling in the passenger seat? Why isn't it tight over the cushioning beneath?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Remember these are still not the production cars, so expect some details to be taken care of in the actual production car.

I noticed last night that the silver Camaro on Barrett Jackson had the stripes going over the spoiler where the red car here did not have any stripes on the spoiler... See what I mean...
Old 01-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #17
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
This is what worries me about the leather...

Whats up with all the wrinkling in the passenger seat? Why isn't it tight over the cushioning beneath?
I noticed the wrinkling too. Even the IBM car that I photo'd had it. I wasn't sure if it was necessary play or if it just wasn't stretched enough. Hopefully this won't be a problem with production.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #18
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
I actually felt that wrinkling on the drivers seat, hence why I cited in my thread that I don't expect this leather lasting more than 70K miles before we see some splitting along the wrinkles. My 96 monte had this same problem.

What's worse was that it wrinkled so bad that it tore a 3 inch hole by around 74K miles..

Everything else was alright, design was good but materials were just as critics say. Could be better, could be worse. I liked it though. I will say that the car was THE HIT of the show. Lines for the whole day.

Looks like people saw past the Leather and found the car underneath..the Beast of Larned street and Washington Ave.

If there's any consolation to the leather problem, the Mustang looked worse. XD Challanger also did not fit right at all. Not glove-like such as the Camaro did for me.

EDIT: THE LINES!!!
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #19
CamaroDude
Look Ma Im A Music Artist

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
good job. I cant wait to go this fri. Were there alot of people around the camaro? Did you actually get a chance to sit in the Camaro for a good amount of time or did you feel like you were rushed out?
CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDude View Post
good job. I cant wait to go this fri. Were there alot of people around the camaro? Did you actually get a chance to sit in the Camaro for a good amount of time or did you feel like you were rushed out?
The pic above was during a lul in the line. It was hit and miss for time in the car, as some would get antsy and start to balk at you for 'taking too long.' IMO, I was rushed most the time but there were some points where I came back and got more time than usual to enjoy the car. Still had a big ole crowd the whole day even when I left at 2 in the afternoon.

This was how I was able to get a feel for the leather (which I hated in the end.)

The challanger was actually less crowded but the Mustang had a line and wait between the two. But mind you this was SATURDAY, the first day of the show. It may be better as the week progresses, so I wouldn't take this as the final nail for wait times and crowds.

Again, I'd call the car the star of the show this year. Even more than the CGM ZR-1 parked next to it.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
krzyredhead

Drives: 2LT RS RJTand Ninja 650
I'm going to have to go back to the Auto Show since it looks like they are letting people sit inside! I was there on media press day 1/11 and the didn't have the red one on the floor yet! I need to sit inside of it. I wasn't able to do that when I bought the Sky and ended up selling it. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #22
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Yeah, 12 bucks to sit in a ZR-1 and a 2SS/RS was well worth it. Pic related below.

Also, Hursts may not be needed for this car. She shifts quite smoothly and the gears are relatively easy to find even for a novice like myself. IMO the Hurst may be more of a burden with this particular vehicle.. sad, but it's also personal prefrence, so take it for what it is, an opinion.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nice pics. I am really liking the red camaro
Old 01-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzyredhead View Post
I'm going to have to go back to the Auto Show since it looks like they are letting people sit inside! I was there on media press day 1/11 and the didn't have the red one on the floor yet! I need to sit inside of it. I wasn't able to do that when I bought the Sky and ended up selling it. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Sitting inside solidified it for me.... It feels just right, you won't be disappointed !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
I actually felt that wrinkling on the drivers seat, hence why I cited in my thread that I don't expect this leather lasting more than 70K miles before we see some splitting along the wrinkles. My 96 monte had this same problem.

What's worse was that it wrinkled so bad that it tore a 3 inch hole by around 74K miles..

Everything else was alright, design was good but materials were just as critics say. Could be better, could be worse. I liked it though. I will say that the car was THE HIT of the show. Lines for the whole day.

Looks like people saw past the Leather and found the car underneath..the Beast of Larned street and Washington Ave.

If there's any consolation to the leather problem, the Mustang looked worse. XD Challanger also did not fit right at all. Not glove-like such as the Camaro did for me.
Are you saying the leather in the stang was worse (more wrinkled)? I'm going to be a lil upset if my Camaro does this early on. Fingers crossed that this is one of the things they're working on right now. And if it's not, let's hope they're reading this and making it a priority.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #26
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Are you saying the leather in the stang was worse (more wrinkled)? I'm going to be a lil upset if my Camaro does this early on. Fingers crossed that this is one of the things they're working on right now. And if it's not, let's hope they're reading this and making it a priority.
No, the design aesthetic on the Mustang was worse. They wouldn't let you near the '10 Stang with a ten foot pole (well, maybe 4 feet for the vert that had been turned on it's side). The leather material on the Camaro was the issue here.

And as for more work done, I'm afraid it was said that this car will be the production version sans EX VIN. It's too close to production now to fix it.. we're going to have to live with it.

Last edited by Zabo; 01-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #27
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
Well acutally I thought the leather felt nice it was really soft and smooth, much better than the cardboard leather in the 4th gens. Did anyone else notice what looked like a wear spot on the drivers bolster already? I was rushed to get in and out of it I thought I caught a glimpse of a wear spot on my out.
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #28
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
This might be a dumb question but, like the camaro black, is it street legal to have those red halos? Do you think it could be done?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote