Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
RavenDT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS [T3 Ed.]
How do I know what wheels will fit my 2012 Camaro 2SS?

Hello, all. Although I am a long-time reader, I am a brand new poster. I have recently encountered the dilemma of trying to shop for new wheels and winter snow tires for my 2012 Camaro 2SS. I happened to luck out last year with getting no snow all winter, but this year, I have the fear that we will probably end up with a lot of it.

So I started doing research about tires, and I kind of have my heart set on Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires. I've heard really good things about them from this forum and others. However, the problem is not with tires, it's with finding the right wheels. I can always adjust the size of the tires to fit the wheels, whether it be tread width, sidewall height, or even radius, the most important part is finding a nice set of wheels.

My considerations for finding wheels are:
  1. They need to be at least 19" because nothing smaller will fit over the Brembo brakes
  2. They need to be mostly enclosed because snow can get in them and cause issues while driving
  3. I want them to fit the lugs on my Camaro
  4. I do not want them to jut out any more than the stock tires already do.

So, I kind of like these Lorenzo wheels [Link] WL29/WL029. Tire Rack says that they come in 20" and 22". When I try to browse the 20", they don't show up. Lorenzo's web site says that they have 20x10s with a 8.5" width (which at least fits on the front), but they say the offset is +18, +38 (which I am not sure what that means). I know the offset is how far in or out the wheel sits when mounted (0 means centered) and I can't seem to find what offset the stock wheels are on my car.

My Camaro comes standard with 245/45ZR20 tires in the front and 275/40ZR20 tires in the rear. I am pretty sure I can just put 245/45R20's all around for the winter, or even 235/55R19's if I decide to choose a smaller wheel. The stock tires are about 28.7" in diameter (both front and rear) and the 235/55R19's are 29.2" in diameter.

TL;DR: So my questions are:
  1. What offset is best for the 2SS Camaro, and
  2. These wheels say 5x114.3 (38mm) in the Application guide. I think this has to do with the positioning of the holes for the lugs. Will this fit the Camaro?

V/R,
-RavenDT
RavenDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
5x114.3 will NOT fit the Camaro. The proper lug nut holes are 5x120.

Not sure about offset for 19" wheels, but a lot of people are going with +35mm or +40mm offset on 20" wheels.

BTW, have you looked at wheels on Tirerack.com? They will have a list of 19" wheels that will work on the SS. I ordered my winter tires and 19" wheels from them recently and the wheels and tires look and fit great!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by PsychoZL1; 11-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
or work with a dealer that knows...Deviate Motoring can help...
http://www.dv8motoring.com/
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
RavenDT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS [T3 Ed.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
5x114.3 will NOT fit the Camaro. The proper lug nut holes are 5x120.

Not sure about offset for 19" wheels, but a lot of people are going with +35mm or +40mm offset on 20" wheels.

BTW, have you looked at wheels on Tirerack.com? They will have a list of 19" wheels that will work on the SS. I ordered my winter tires and 19" wheels from them recently and the wheels and tires look and fit great!

Hope that helps!
Yes I have looked on TireRack.com, which is where I found the Lorenzos.

I figured as much about the lug holes.

The offset helps though. I am going to have to find another set of wheels to go with... Too bad though, those Lorenzos look pretty sweet.

Thanks again, PsychoRS!

-Raven
RavenDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Group-A Wheels
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
If you need any help, feel free to give us acall. One of our guys at get you in the right direction.
Group-A Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lugs, offset, tires, wheels, winter