Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Custom Paint in Kalamazoo/Southwest Michigan

I live in Kalamazoo, and after I get my IBM SS Camaro, I'd like to get some racing stripes painted on it. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place that I can get paint work done?

Thanks!

Furthermore, any ideas for striping color/design? I want stripes that don't look stock but don't look too outlandish, I picked IBM because it looks pretty low-key compared to the other available colors. If you can photoshop your idea into a mock-up that'd be even cooler.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe16 View Post
I live in Kalamazoo, and after I get my IBM SS Camaro, I'd like to get some racing stripes painted on it. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy place that I can get paint work done?

Thanks!

Furthermore, any ideas for striping color/design? I want stripes that don't look stock but don't look too outlandish, I picked IBM because it looks pretty low-key compared to the other available colors. If you can photoshop your idea into a mock-up that'd be even cooler.
First off I think painted stripes are the way to go with this color, they would look great. BUT You might be surprised with how much metallic is in the paint and you might decide that you will not want to ruin the paint by putting stripes on it. I might be slightly biased by having one myself, but I think its one of the coolest colors out there. In the dark it looks black, in the shade it looks navy blue, in the sun it explodes with metallic sparkle, and when the car is wet it turns purple. I've taken many close up pictures of the paint but none do justice. I'll post a few just to give you somewhat of an idea. Hope it inspires you to do something cool. If i got stripes, they would have to be metallic and have the purple tone like the paint does, but thats just me. Enjoy the pics!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Nice pics, I see what you mean about the purple, I hadn't noticed that before in other pictures I've seen. I agree, a matte color against the metallic finish would clash, I will have to consider that when I finally get to see my car. Whatever design I do, I don't want the car to be too attention grabbing, the car is fancy on its own and further attention might attract people to vandalize. I've been considering two white stripes a la the classic viper design but with the space in the white stripes done in red, a subtle USA and Atlanta Braves nod since I'm a braves fan. However, the Viper design isn't that metallic, should be interesting...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
There's a body shop in Bellevue, Mi called KC Collision.
I've seen some of his work and if I get mine before the snow flys,
he's one of the first places I'm going to.

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
78Cam

Drives: 78Cam-10Cam-12CruzLTZ-11JeepPatr
I have an IBM camaro. I had the stripes painted on last week. They turned out great (sorry no pictures yet) I used a dark silver / gray. It was a chrysler color and it had some of the same red in it that is in the blue. Depending on how thw sun hits it, sometimes they "pop" and other times they are subtle. My body shop is Puleras Collision center in Kenosha, Wi
78Cam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibm, imperial blue metallic, paint, painted stripes