Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Ingen Long Tube CAI review

I have not seen many reviews of this intake on the new LFX engine although I am relatively certain it would function the same as on the LLT engine.DISCLAIMER: I have only had this modification on my car for 4 days, but in that time I have launched from stand still and done multiple pulls from most gears. So if any of my opinions on this intake change I will be sure to come back on here and change it.

INSTALL: 9/10
This was my first mod inside of an engine block of a computer driven vehicle. I do realize intake's are generally an easy install, but I was pleasantly surprised on how easy it was. The directions that came with it were extremely precise and clear. I had one mishap that happened was completely my fault. My advice is follow the instructions in order or you will get windshield wiper fluid in the eye. The only reason to me that it does not get a 10 is the fact that you have to remove the mud flap and if you choose not to take of the tire it is pretty tight but still enough room to work.

LOOKS: 10/10
To me it looks perfect. This is obviously a very personal and biased interpretation, but hey, you are reading this anyway. I have the crinkle black coating and it looks factory, but has the big Ingen emblems letting you know it is aftermarket.

POWER: 9/10
Well we are getting into the reason you read this review. Let me clarify the conditions that all of these tests took place under. It read 70 degrees in my car and relatively low humidity with my car's coolant temp at 190 degrees. From a dead stand still my car never broke loose with factory intake. With this intake my car broke loose with traction control still on. This alone made me "happy happy happy". 2nd gear pull did not break loose, but I definitely felt a greater pick up. 3rd gear pull is where i felt the greatest increase in the "push you back into your seat" feeling. My car really lagged kicking out of 3rd gear, but with this intake you can tell a very viable difference. Now I would also like to note for people that do not know; the LS has a speed limiter of 118 mph which I hit around 5500 rpms in 4th gear in manual mode. So all of these tests were completed up to my speed limiter.

SOUND: 11/10!
By far my favorite thing about this intake. I would pay the $259 over and over again if I would have know how it would make my engine sound. I can hear it every time over 2500 rpms screaming "thank you for letting me breathe!!!!!!"
I am so incredibly happy that my v6 can sound mean. I never would have thought it! when I have my windows rolled down, and my music up I can still hear her roar. So to make it simple; buy it just because of the sound if nothing else. I promise you wont regret it.

OVERALL/VALUE: 10/10
I was very torn between 10/10 and 9.5/10, but truthfully I do not know how the value could get any better. with the 15% discount on autoanything, and it being $259 shipped to me that would be a 10. Overall I would give it a 10 for the sound alone, but it has very noticeable power increases and looks great under the hood.

THE LINK:
http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A2810A0A0.aspx
Hopefully you guys catch the same break I did and get a nice discount. If you are not familiar with autoanything their discounts show up on a random basis. and it is just the luck of the draw of when you click the button and which url it sends you to. As explained to me by their customer service, AND THE DISCOUNT WILL TIME OUT. So order quick!

I will be posting videos of the sound, along with pictures of the engine relatively quickly. Thank you all for reading, and if there is anything else I could have done better, as this is my first review like this, let me know. Also, if you have any questions feel free to post here or PM me!

Regards,
Andrew
13lstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I really like Injen long tube intake. I've ran one for many years, in many different cars, never an issue.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
+1 to the review! I too had the Injen Long tube installed in the first couple weeks that I had my car and it has been 3 years+ since then No issues the sound it makes on lower gears is really good.( made me loose a couple mpg coz of it lol)

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
+1 to the review! I too had the Injen Long tube installed in the first couple weeks that I had my car and it has been 3 years+ since then No issues the sound it makes on lower gears is really good.( made me loose a couple mpg coz of it lol)
Tell me about it ill never get 30 mpg again....
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
13lstuner

Under the hood!
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Looking good, and yes, you can still get over 30 mpg. Just need to get on the highway, set the cruise at 70 mph. I do it every morning on the way to work for 25 miles on the highway and see between 30 and 33 mpg every time I check. Now on the way home, is a whole other story........

Can I recommend something for you?................Paint the wiper bottle matte black. Be sure not to use gloss clear, like I did, (mistake),
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Looking good, and yes, you can still get over 30 mpg. Just need to get on the highway, set the cruise at 70 mph. I do it every morning on the way to work for 25 miles on the highway and see between 30 and 33 mpg every time I check. Now on the way home, is a whole other story........

Can I recommend something for you?................Paint the wiper bottle matte black. Be sure not to use gloss clear, like I did, (mistake),
Excellent idea! Did you just tape off ingen and then paint it red?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Excellent idea! Did you just tape off ingen and then paint it red?
Actually I painted the whole bottle first, then painted the injen using a small bottle of IOM paint with the brush provided, sort of like nail polish.
Attached Images

Tags
camaro, ingen, lfx, sound