Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
JUNKMAN take a look inside

first let me say i am a huge fan of your work .
second i bought a pc 7424 and im teaching my self along with your awesome videos how to polish and detail .
butttttt ..... i cant seem to not get swirl lines in the paint
i am using on speed 5 and a very slow movement in a up and down and then follow with a side to side ! but when im done with the polish and i rub off excess i have a couple of lines .

is this normal and the wax will get rid of it or WTF am i doing wrong ???
i am sure its hard because your not here to see it but any advice would be appreciated ! thanks and once again im a huge fan of the skills you posses
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
SILVER BULLITT

here is a couple of progressive pics i did of my mothers car clay bar ,polish ,polish and then wax. and i must admit its not bad for not using a swirl remover/and im an amateur.. but i still get those lines

but you cant see them in this pic but i think you know what im talking about
Attached Images

HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
IMO looks good!

except for the first pic tho.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
SILVER BULLITT

thanks geeo ! yah the first pic is how her paint looked before i touched it and all those horizontal lines are scratches from a dirty mit or something from the local car wash machine .....
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
those car wash machine is a nightmare for cars! lol
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
those car wash machine is a nightmare for cars! lol
yes sir
Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
What products/pads are you using?

Also how many passes have you done? I see a noticeable improvement from the first shot to the last so you are making progress.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
SILVER BULLITT

well i bought a pc at a local detailing shop called 3d imaging ( they also knew of adams product...which was cool ) and the pc came with a little 8 oz bottle of 3d imaging polish and one of wax .the pads are also theirs and both pads are recommended for each product. but i cant seem to get rid of the swirl lines .
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
What you need to do is first wash the car using DAWN to remove EVERYTHING off the car, use the two bucket wash method. Do the BAGGIE TEST, then clay the car if or where needed. THEN since you have the PC now, you need to get Adams Swirl and Haze Remover, Maching Polish, and Machine Wax. First, watch all the videos from Junkman. Then start with the Swirl an Haze Remover, do the WHOLE car at each step. then the Machine Polish, then the Machine Wax. this will solve your issues.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 09-22-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I googled but came up blank on "3D Imagaing Polish". Theres 3D Products, who make the HD car care line in Santa Clarita - is that who you went to?

If they only gave you one "polish" and one "wax" then the polish is likely only a finishing product, a good paint correction process is gonna be 2 stage... a more aggressive product to remove the swirl marks and a finer polish to restore gloss and remove any artifacts left behind by the first product.

THEN you'd apply a wax to protect the finish.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I googled but came up blank on "3D Imagaing Polish". Theres 3D Products, who make the HD car care line in Santa Clarita - is that who you went to?

If they only gave you one "polish" and one "wax" then the polish is likely only a finishing product, a good paint correction process is gonna be 2 stage... a more aggressive product to remove the swirl marks and a finer polish to restore gloss and remove any artifacts left behind by the first product.

THEN you'd apply a wax to protect the finish.
yah thats what they gave me and also that is the name of it hd uno polish
Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #12
SILVER BULLITT

anyone else care to drop a line ???
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #13
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Dylan is right... you need at least 2 steps in your polishing process... the stuff you are using probably isn't strong enough O_o. Goodluck
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
SILVER BULLITT

yah i just picked up a stronger polish today and i will try it soon . after i use the stronger then do i have to use the light and then the sealant ?