Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Cool car and nice picture!

Gotta think that’s a daily driver on nice days when the owner decides to leave his real daily at home...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROZ11 View Post
Nothing like a first Gen rag top, but I'm a little biased. It's impossible to tell from the pictures what engine/drivetrain it's running. I wouldn't assume its a 6 cylinder. There were many, many V8s that weren't SS cars. Plus the car has been updated in that there was no cowl hood or spoilers offered on 67 Camaros. Spoilers started in 68 and cowl hoods in 69. So it's hard to tell how that car left the factory and what other things have been changed from the pictures. A lot of things can be change on a car in 50 plus years. My 69 convertible has had a few changes since it left the showroom.. LOL.

I had a similar photo op to the OP but mine was the opposite. I ran into a 5th Gen convertible while in my 69 at a cruse in a while back and had to grab a picture of the two brothers from another mother..

Thanks for all the great info and your car looks amazing. I really like the looks of that black '67 with the chrome bumpers, reminds me a little of the black 'Cuda in Phantasm and the black Charger in Bullitt - two of my favorite muscle cars of all time - they all look very evil.

Last edited by GatorGreg; 02-23-2018 at 02:20 PM.
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #17
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
Thanks for all the great info and your car looks amazing. I really like the looks of that black '67 with the chrome bumpers, reminds me a little of the black 'Cuda in Phantasm and the black Charger in Bullitt - two of my favorite muscle cars of all time - they all look very evil.]
Two cool, iconic movie cars for sure. The 67 in your picture reminds me of a convertible version of the black 67 RS/SS Camaro in "Better Off Dead", although that car has red interior. Very cool car. Funny movie too. See below.

I almost did my car black with a black interior, but I always liked the look of the 69 Z11 Camaro Pace Car, so I went white and orange. Plus all black would probably be extremely hot on the summer. It's pretty hot in the car as is.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #18
2camaro 1st/s

Drives: 2010 ibm 2ss/rs///67rsss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2camaro 1st/s View Post
antenna on rear was an option-----------also it has mirror on pass. side option also
if the gas cap is correct--rs----then no ss but could have a 327 in it---or 6cyl no 350 or 396
Old 02-24-2018, 01:11 AM   #19
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2camaro 1st/s View Post
if the gas cap is correct--rs----then no ss but could have a 327 in it---or 6cyl no 350 or 396
I'm sure what's under the hood is not stock and probably a hopped up V8.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote