Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #141
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
for me personally, i dont like it because of the interior.
Like the Charger and most other DODGE models, they reak of "slapped together". the interior just looks and feels flimsy. panels of cheap gray plastic everywhere.
but other than that, they're not too bad. i mean it gets you from point a to b.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #142
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
for me personally, i dont like it because of the interior.
Like the Charger and most other DODGE models, they reak of "slapped together". the interior just looks and feels flimsy. panels of cheap gray plastic everywhere.
but other than that, they're not too bad. i mean it gets you from point a to b.
It gets you from point A to point B really fast!
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #143
SyN

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Camaro > Challenger
SyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #144
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
I have yet, to see a Challenger in any place other than a car magazine, Has Dodge been selling these for 6 or 8 months?
Well....I guess selling would be a little to specific of a term. Are they on dealer lots? Yea, you could say that. They just aren't...uh...going anywhere lol. But to be fair, I guess dealer mark up has alot to do with that.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #145
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well....I guess selling would be a little to specific of a term. Are they on dealer lots? Yea, you could say that. They just aren't...uh...going anywhere lol. But to be fair, I guess dealer mark up has alot to do with that.
yep you will see alot on the road soon since dealers are already getting the 09s.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #146
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN View Post
Camaro > Challenger
challenger> camaro IMO but that's just me.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #147
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
yep you will see alot on the road soon since dealers are already getting the 09s.
Not if there are only 30k produced per year as you stated in an earlier post. The Challenger certainly appeals to the enthusiasts and the Mopar Performance fans, I just don't see how Dodge plans to appeal to the general public. Hopefully they will sell enough to break the curse on my daily driving of seeing nothing but Mustangs. Maybe even enough to keep this one around at least as long as the old one.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:18 AM   #148
SyN

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Just a question for you Kevin... No offense.

Why do you post so much on the Camaro Forums if you are all about the Challenger especially when you put the Camaro down on Camaro Forums? Makes no sense to me and you will eventually, if not already piss someone off. Guess it comes down to how you choose your words.

Doesn't Challenger have its own forums or is it that unpopular that you come to Camaro Forums? lol..

Anyways, I have yet to see a Challenger... kind of sad even if dealers are marking up prices.. I bet you anything when the Camaro comes out I will be seeing them all over even with dealer mark ups if they do.

Challenger is so plain and boring its pathetic.. The looks are terrible, they could of done so much better but clearly failed. It's the slowest of them all.

FOR THE WIN!!!

Last edited by SyN; 08-25-2008 at 03:21 AM. Reason: making a change
SyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #149
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
If people are having trouble seeing the challengers on the road, wait until the Camaro comes out. There will be plenty on the used lot.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #150
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Not if there are only 30k produced per year as you stated in an earlier post. The Challenger certainly appeals to the enthusiasts and the Mopar Performance fans, I just don't see how Dodge plans to appeal to the general public. Hopefully they will sell enough to break the curse on my daily driving of seeing nothing but Mustangs. Maybe even enough to keep this one around at least as long as the old one.
No I was saying compared to what you see now... you will see more. With only 30k produced a year you won't see tons period.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #151
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN View Post
Just a question for you Kevin... No offense.

Why do you post so much on the Camaro Forums if you are all about the Challenger especially when you put the Camaro down on Camaro Forums? Makes no sense to me and you will eventually, if not already piss someone off. Guess it comes down to how you choose your words.

Doesn't Challenger have its own forums or is it that unpopular that you come to Camaro Forums? lol..

Anyways, I have yet to see a Challenger... kind of sad even if dealers are marking up prices.. I bet you anything when the Camaro comes out I will be seeing them all over even with dealer mark ups if they do.

Challenger is so plain and boring its pathetic.. The looks are terrible, they could of done so much better but clearly failed. It's the slowest of them all.

FOR THE WIN!!!
Actually it is very popular and I hang over there alot too. Also we have people who own mustangs camaros you name it but arent buying challengers and are just there because they like the car or like discussing about the car compared to the competition. I am here to talk positive and negative about the camaro and the competition and frankly I aint going anywhere. It isnt about brands but you probably wouldnt understand, no offense.

The challenger is a beautiful car, turns heads everywhere and is extremely fast. Dodge did a great job although they couldve done better but you could say the same for the camaro IMO. And as for the "It's the slowest of them all" comment here you go:

camaro ss 0-60 4.6 (auto) 4.9(manual)
challenger srt8 0-60 4.8 (auto)
mustang gt 0-60 5.1-5.2

do some research before you post and please use IMO in your post because it is an opinion your stating not facts.

Challenger is clearly a winner in my book

Btw respond in a civilized manner. I dont want things to escalate like in other posts. Everyone around here knows me already and is fine with me some even love me ( Congo) lol
Old 08-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #152
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
Actually it is very popular and I hang over there alot too. Also we have people who own mustangs camaros you name it but arent buying challengers and are just there because they like the car or like discussing about the car compared to the competition. I am here to talk positive and negative about the camaro and the competition and frankly I aint going anywhere. It isnt about brands but you probably wouldnt understand, no offense.

The challenger is a beautiful car, turns heads everywhere and is extremely fast. Dodge did a great job although they couldve done better but you could say the same for the camaro IMO. And as for the "It's the slowest of them all" comment here you go:

camaro ss 0-60 4.6 (auto) 4.9(manual)
challenger srt8 0-60 4.8 (auto)
mustang gt 0-60 5.1-5.2

do some research before you post and please use IMO in your post because it is an opinion your stating not facts.

Challenger is clearly a winner in my book

Btw respond in a civilized manner. I dont want things to escalate like in other posts. Everyone around here knows me already and is fine with me some even love me ( Congo) lol
The Camaro figures you quote are only estimates because the actual first production car has not been made. It may be better it may be worse...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #153
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
The Camaro figures you quote are only estimates because the actual first production car has not been made. It may be better it may be worse...
Yea absolutely skyman I should have thrown that in there. Nonetheless it is obvious that the camaro will be the faster of the 3 then the srt8 then the gt. If you count the gt500 then it is in first but otherwise no.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #154
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
If people are having trouble seeing the challengers on the road, wait until the Camaro comes out. There will be plenty on the used lot.
with only 30k being produced I dont think so. But with only 30k I am going to be happy to be in the exclusivity of challenger owners unlike the mustangs.