Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #71
Habu

Drives: 2011 srt8 392 & 2010 2ss/rs
My wife thought I was crazy when I told her my car was a moron magnet she had to concede the day we went to costco. I parked literally 100's of empty spaces from the door and any other business next to an abandoned wherehouse. 30 min later we returned to find 100's of empty spaces except for the 2 morons parked on either side of me and my first door ding.
I wrote it off as a cross between the lemming and bait fish mentality and living in LA (just voted the rudest town in the USA and well deserved, sorry NY)
Doesn't matter if you own a Jaguar or a Kia you buy what you like and can afford. Some owners of new cars would like to keep them that way for a little while. Some are happier when a 1/4 inch of protective dirt has been applied.

But seriosly isn't it the people that can't or won't understand the difference or nuances of others that = self obsessed idiots?

MoveOverPeopleAreRacing!

Last edited by Habu; 01-30-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Habu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #72
SpecialEd

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck View Post
I park out far too haven't had a problem with people parking next to me yet and hope I won't. However this summer when I was grabbing some subway I parked far out and came back to this surprise
My wife calls parking at the end of parking of lots the happy heart section. I call it the ass kicking section.
SpecialEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #73
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
HE PROBABLY is adding the total he paid ,taxes ,licenses and all the fees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
A auto 2SS/RS with sun roof as the only options has a MSRP of $39k. Get one of the premium paints and stripes and you'll break $40k and you still haven't gotten into the expansive options such as ground effects and 21" rims. A 100% optioned out car MSRP's over $47k.
I see what you guys are saying. I do have a premium paint color and stripes though and they were extra, still for the $38,xxxx. The only way to get over $40,000 is if you get accessories, like the wheels or GFX and I don't really consider that vehicle options, although technically adds to sticker.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #74
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
LOL!

These parking threads crack me up...

Do I get mad when someone parks next to me? Yes, a bit, but I rarely have it occur.

Things you can do to help...
  • Park your car in your garage
  • Take a picture of it nice and safe
  • Keep a copy of the picture on your phone or in your wallet
  • Drive a beater and park where ever you please
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #75
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
To avoid this parking dilemma, drive with a partner as a relay team. Never come to a stop long enough for anyone to get near you...
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #76
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Public parking

Go earlier in the day (early morning) to run errands and you have less of a chance,of running into everybody and their momma out there.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #77
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreen View Post
yea I had the same thing happen to me today, I was at a auto parts store and parked just far enough to where I could see the car, as I was walking down I see this mini van drive pass and I say (lord plz dont let that thing park next to me, and whatever you do, dont let it be full of teens). well as soon as I am ready to leave the store I turn my head to check the car and that van not only parks next to me but the teen girlzs that were in the van start taking pics next to my car and one even put there hands on my trunk and simled. so i did what any camaro owner does, i turned on the hazord light and they ran back in the van and the mom said "lets go go go". some ppl

I love your minimalist dialect; it kinda' reminds me of Clockwork Orange.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote