Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Product Review: Adam's JUMBO Vac N' Blo Pro Series by MetroVac

So the first thing that you saw was the price. Let's face it, that's the first thing a lot of people see. That's understandable... money isn't exactly growing on trees these days. However, that should just one thing you should consider when looking at something that may appear to be expensive. There are so many other factors that you should look at, and I'm about to open your eyes to a few of them.

I've been hanging out at car washes since the early 80's. I had my first new car setup with dual batteries so that I could listen to my music for hours without getting stranded at the car wash with a dead battery. When you spend 3 or 4 hours at the car wash listening to tunes, you can really kill a battery!

Over the years, I have seen just about everything you can think of at the DIY car wash. People having sex, urinating, vomiting and dumping everything from dirty diapers and used condoms to unknown liquids and chemicals. Basically, car washes can be quite a cesspool. I use to detail my car at home and then go to the car wash to use their vacuum. Often, the vacuum cleaners didn't work, had lousy suction, or the area was so disgusting that I wanted no part of these places. The day that I posted this thread, I went to what use to be a nice car wash and was greeted by this:

Talk about disgusting, this place was pretty bad. Add to that, the vacuum hose is laying on the ground, where just about every disgusting liquid and excrement has been deposited over time. To think that people actually touch these hoses with their hands, and then drag them inside their cars is totally beyond comprehension for me now.

This was enough to make me buy a vacuum for my home that had attachments I could use to vacuum out my car in my garage. The only problem was that these attachment were really made to be used inside the house and the vacuum cleaner was cumbersome to use in the garage. So when I saw the Metro Vac, I knew that I had to have one.

There are some key things about this vacuum that seals the deal for me. They are the following:
  • Built like a rock. This thing is made to last like an American muscle car.
  • Comes with attachments that will allow you to get into every nook, crannie, crack and crevice of your car.
  • Powerful. This thing sucks like... well let's just say it sucks and it sucks in a good way.
  • MADE IN THE USA. Metro has been in business since 1939. I think these boys have this business figured out by now.
  • 24 feet of hoses, plus two 20" extension wands! Add to that, the hoses are made of some type of soft material that aids in keeping you from scratching up your paint, just in case you brush up against your paint.
  • Wall mountable or it can be used on the wheels that it comes with.
  • A 12' grounded cord set.
  • A complete steel body construction with a 4.0 Peak HP, twin-fan, industrial quality motor producing an almost unbelievable 95" of water lift (the standard measure of vacuum efficiency).
  • JUNKMAN APPROVED! :2thumbs:

How long is that hose? Take a look (and don't pay attention to my garage... I was cleaning it!):

(You all have heard me say over and over again that I do absolutely nothing to my daily drive as far as washing goes. Do you believe me now??? )

Add to that length, the extension wands!

Now I also have the Air Force Master Blaster so I have more attachments than you can shake a stick at. All of the attachments are interchangeable so I'm loaded for bear!

So as you can see, having one in your garage is quite the no brainer. Beside avoiding the cesspool at the car wash, this thing is worth its weight in gold. If you are on the fence, just do it. You will more than be happy with the purchase. I highly recommend.

You can order your very own right here, and feel free to use my discount code.

P.S. Another thing that is full of disgusting germs are shopping basket handles. But I'll save that thread for the shopping basket forum I post on. :o

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
SpecialEd

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM
I know in comparison that the MasterBlaster and Vac N Blo is far from being even close but wondered how does the Vac N Blo compare versus a leaf blower? If you were a "simple" man and could not afford both MasterBlaster and VNB I think that a two for one (Vac N Blo) would be all that I would need. My concern would be however would the vacuum filter put blow back on drying the car?
SpecialEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
The Vac-N-Blow is filtered so you don't need to worry about any blow back. It is a excellent vacuum cleaner and definitely beats going to the public places. I would definitely go with the Vac-N-Blow in order to save finances. Even though it is only half that of the Master Blaster, it still beats touching your paint. Anyway, a leaf blower is only $30 so you could still get one if you felt it necessary.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote