Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #155
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Ask the dealer nicely to "Goodwill Warranty it" sometimes referred as a "customer loyalty".
Old 10-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #156
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Ask the dealer nicely to "Goodwill Warranty it" sometimes referred as a "customer loyalty".
Trust me, I tried that. Even had a Chevrolet Customer Service rep from here contact them. I didn't buy the car new there, so they weren't willing to help me a bit. Definitely learned a lot about a dealership I had always respected.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #157
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Hey PQ,

So I bought what I thought was the updated 'replacement' part, the thrust washers. This last time when I did my rear brakes I went in to replace this washer only to find out that there was already one in there. Being that it was apart I replaced it with new ones anyways and not I still the same noise.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Thanks!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #158
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post
Hey PQ,

So I bought what I thought was the updated 'replacement' part, the thrust washers. This last time when I did my rear brakes I went in to replace this washer only to find out that there was already one in there. Being that it was apart I replaced it with new ones anyways and not I still the same noise.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Thanks!
Oops. Just saw this.

Man do I suck.

Sorry man.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #159
Uzisuicide

Drives: 2011 SS
Have read this entire thread and nothing definitive on if this affects the 2011 model year. But I can say for sure that my 2011 2ss started making this noise at around 55k miles. Happened on the drivers side. It was slightly annoying but has gotten louder over time. Got the tires replaced and the brakes inspected today and the noise was still there. Now that it's really a major annoyance I have just begun to hear the click on the passenger side as well. I began to panic!

It follows the load when acceleration starts in forward or reverse. I searched the forum and this thread popped up. I'm feeling much better now. Thanks! gonna order the parts.
Uzisuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #160
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzisuicide View Post
Have read this entire thread and nothing definitive on if this affects the 2011 model year. But I can say for sure that my 2011 2ss started making this noise at around 55k miles. Happened on the drivers side. It was slightly annoying but has gotten louder over time. Got the tires replaced and the brakes inspected today and the noise was still there. Now that it's really a major annoyance I have just begun to hear the click on the passenger side as well. I began to panic!

It follows the load when acceleration starts in forward or reverse. I searched the forum and this thread popped up. I'm feeling much better now. Thanks! gonna order the parts.
I could never pin it down to exactly when it was discovered. Were yours missing?
Old 06-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #161
Uzisuicide

The parts came in this morning so I'll try to tackle the project this weekend. I'm not 100% certain that they are missing but I'm pretty sure that all the racket it coming from the missing washers. The washers have an updated part number. I'll post up that and the vin # number once I finish tearing into it.

Oh, and the dealership wanted $275 to do the work...
Old 06-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #162
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
After the runaround and hassle the dealer gave me over fixing this, mine can click forever as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #163
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
The parts came in this morning so I'll try to tackle the project this weekend. I'm not 100% certain that they are missing but I'm pretty sure that all the racket it coming from the missing washers. The washers have an updated part number. I'll post up that and the vin # number once I finish tearing into it.

Oh, and the dealership wanted $275 to do the work...
Pretty straight forward project. Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
After the runaround and hassle the dealer gave me over fixing this, mine can click forever as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #164
Uzisuicide

UPDATE: Washers were there. Very small and much different than the ones I was installing. Missed it first time around...

Finally got the wheel off and the work done on Sunday. The washers were missing of course. Well at least the drivers side as that's the side I worked on. The last 6 digits of my Vin are: 148066.

Only real problem I had is the rotor wouldn't come off. Then I discovered it was because the emergency brake was engaged.

I unbolted the speed sensor and moved it out of the way to prevent damage. Installed the washer, bolted everything up and the noise is gone.
Edit: code C0045
Only problem is now the service stabilitrak error message is displayed. It rides great so I figured it was somehow related to the speed sensor. I removed the wheel and checked the work. I re-seated the speed sensor and put the wheel back on. Still can't get rid of the error message.

I didn't have a torque wrench so I used the old nut because it was marked where it should line up to when tightened appropriately. But then I realized that the added washer throws all that off. I have to go back and tighten everything up to proper specs when I get my hands on a torque wrench.

What could be causing the stabilitrak error message? Thanks for the video and help. Glad that the noise is finally gone.

Last edited by Uzisuicide; 07-13-2015 at 01:16 AM. Reason: updated
Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #165
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Finally got the wheel off and the work done on Sunday. The washers were missing of course. Well at least the drivers side as that's the side I worked on. The last 6 digits of my Vin are: 148066.

Only real problem I had is the rotor wouldn't come off. Then I discovered it was because the emergency brake was engaged.

I unbolted the speed sensor and moved it out of the way to prevent damage. Installed the washer, bolted everything up and the noise is gone.
Edit: code C0045
Only problem is now the service stabilitrak error message is displayed. It rides great so I figured it was somehow related to the speed sensor. I removed the wheel and checked the work. I re-seated the speed sensor and put the wheel back on. Still can't get rid of the error message.

I didn't have a torque wrench so I used the old nut because it was marked where it should line up to when tightened appropriately. But then I realized that the added washer throws all that off. I have to go back and tighten everything up to proper specs when I get my hands on a torque wrench.

What could be causing the stabilitrak error message? Thanks for the video and help. Glad that the noise is finally gone.
I did the e-brake thing too. hahaha

As far as the speed sensor I think that is the ABS sensor. Or is it the same thing?

All I can think is that sensor. Can't imagine it being anything else you did.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:01 AM   #166
Uzisuicide

Finished this project and wanted to update. I removed the wheel and hub to inspect my work because the stabilitrack message wouldn't go away. After a closer look, I discovered that the washer was actually there from the factory. However, it was so small and much different than the washer I installed. It blended in and I barely noticed it the second time around.

The stabilitrack message was there because I installed the new washer on top of the old one which interfered with the readings.
Apparently the wimpy washer that GM used on my 2011 wasn't getting the job done so they began using a different part. The updated part number is below. The new washer is much more stout as you can see from the pics.

I removed the old washer, re-installed the new one and put it all back together. No error message and no clicking. Very happy. Now for the passenger side. The annoying clicking was there too. I took it apart, swapped out the old washer for the new one and no more clicking, finally. The noise was really annoying and I'm so glad my problem is solved. Passenger side was really quick and easy.

So, even if a Camaro has the washers from the factory, they can still experience the clicking. The updated part number for the improved washer is: 11611965

Pic 1 shows the axle with the washer installed from the factory. Pic 2 shows the axle with the new washer installed. Quite a difference.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #167
PQ
Booooosted.

Interesting.

Well at least we know they have created better washers now. lol
Old 08-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #168
BearM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange
Thanks!

I have asked the dealer every time it's been there since new in early 2009 and they tell me it's "normal"! Well now I am well out of warranty so I will take my "normal" and fix it myself. LOL!
BearM is offline   Reply With Quote