Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
QUESTIONS:

I'm in the market for a 2013 and I have a few questions.
I plan on ordering this car most likely because I DO NOT WANT the micro-fiber cloth insert. So my first question is: Is that even possible to order the car that way? Question 2: If I can order it withouth the micro-fiber, will the center sections just be leather like the rest of the seat? Lastly, if I order the carbon fiber hood, it's just the insert without the fancy carbon fiber weave thingy on it right?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
1) you get either mircro-fiber or suede, pretty sure those are your only options.

2) The only thing that comes carbon fiber is the hood insert (has the vents). It comes in carbon fiber (fancy weave thingy) or matte black.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
It isn't possible to order a ZL1 without the microfiber seat inserts. The interior is almost standard except for the suede steering wheel and shifter cover option. The microfiber is holding up great in my car and is much cooler than leather. I also have the black painted insert in my hood. For 2013 it is now painted gray. You can't tell it's carbon fiber by just looking at it.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
I'm in the market for a 2013 and I have a few questions.
I plan on ordering this car most likely because I DO NOT WANT the micro-fiber cloth insert. So my first question is: Is that even possible to order the car that way? Question 2: If I can order it withouth the micro-fiber, will the center sections just be leather like the rest of the seat? Lastly, if I order the carbon fiber hood, it's just the insert without the fancy carbon fiber weave thingy on it right?
All hood inserts are carbon fiber. Some have the weave painted over, others have the weave exposed. The carbon fiber is there no matter what
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
All hood inserts are carbon fiber. Some have the weave painted over, others have the weave exposed. The carbon fiber is there no matter what
Are you certain all inserts are carbon fiber? I see an option to choose on the gm website.
If I want just the painted metallic insert with no weave, is there a choice for that?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....2013's can be ordered with an exposed carbon fiber insert or grey painted one.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
1) you get either mircro-fiber or suede, pretty sure those are your only options. Not trying to be agrumentative but I wonder if this is true because a dealer told me differently. This is why I ask.

2) The only thing that comes carbon fiber is the hood insert (has the vents). It comes in carbon fiber (fancy weave thingy) or matte black.
I'm not trying to be difficult here but the one I saw was not matte black. It was either a very dark gray metallic or black metallic like the 45th anniversary car. It was on a black 2013 car.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....2013's can be ordered with an exposed carbon fiber insert or grey painted one.
Ok, cool. Now I'm getting somewhere. LOL. The one I saw was a really dark either gray or black but it was metallic like the 45th anniversary car.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...black painted CF hoods and stripes are discontinued, for 2013 they are done in grey.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
It isn't possible to order a ZL1 without the microfiber seat inserts. The interior is almost standard except for the suede steering wheel and shifter cover option. The microfiber is holding up great in my car and is much cooler than leather. I also have the black painted insert in my hood. For 2013 it is now painted gray. You can't tell it's carbon fiber by just looking at it.
Cool. I honestly couldn't tell if the insert was gray as you've mentioned or black. If it was gray, it was very very dark plus it was a metallic paint vs a solid. Almost reminded me of the 45th anniversary car.
I'm still wondering about the seats though. A dealer has me a bit confused. He said I could order leather. Hmmmmmm.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...black painted CF hoods and stripes are discontinued, for 2013 they are done in grey.
Cool. Thanks man.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Cool. Thanks man.
They are all carbon fiber though. The material is carbon fiber
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
They are all carbon fiber though. The material is carbon fiber
Cool. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
Cool. I honestly couldn't tell if the insert was gray as you've mentioned or black. If it was gray, it was very very dark plus it was a metallic paint vs a solid. Almost reminded me of the 45th anniversary car.
I'm still wondering about the seats though. A dealer has me a bit confused. He said I could order leather. Hmmmmmm.
2013s without exposed carbon fiber insert are painted Ashen Gray Metallic, the same color as when you order a car in AGM. So yes it is metallic. My 2012 is painted matte black.
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote