Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSS View Post
Mr. SARGE,,, this is common with these cars. the muffler bearings seem to break when under alot of stress...

I had this happen as well. All I could find was a mark on the underside of the car. Had to be a good size rock.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post

I had this happen as well. All I could find was a mark on the underside of the car. Had to be a good size rock.
Mistaken rock for a panhandler lying in the street One with a hard head could also cause a good sized dent.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
We're waiting, Mr. Sarge?????
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #18
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I ran over a dog once and the SOB got stuck under the trans tunnel. Kicked and screamed until I backed off his ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcm View Post
Had a cat get under my hood once,,hell of a noise, hell of a cat to,it survived..
Wtf you guys
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #19
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSS View Post
Mr. SARGE,,, this is common with these cars. the muffler bearings seem to break when under alot of stress...
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
We're waiting, Mr. Sarge?????
Checked the car, but I couldn't find any type of dent or marking to show a rock had hit the car, so still not sure what it is. I'm going to bring it in to the dealer today JUST to make sure. Can't do any harm right? If he says its a rock,well then, it must have been a rock lol but I won't find that out until later on today, it's the earliest they could take me.
MR.Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #21
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Don't worry about it, it was probably some guy you ran over firing off a couple rounds.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Sarge View Post
I was driving to work today, when out of no where I hear this really loud Pop/Bang from underneath the car and I can't figure out what it was. Looked behind me through the rear-view mirror as soon as it occurred to see if maybe I hit something that was on the ground or if something happened to have broken off the car (not likely), but didn't see anything that was on the road behind me. So I stopped the car in the nearest parking lot to check the car for any damage around and from underneath. I didn't find anything from first sight, although, it was pretty dark so I can't say for sure, and now I can't figure it out for the life of me WHAT the hell that loud bang/pop was!! Going to go check out the car thoroughly at lunch and try to figure out what the heck it was or if there is some type of damage to the car. I can't tell if I hit something, or if the car happened to make the noise?!

This is going to eat at me the WHOLE day until I can figure this out.
I would definitely take it to a dealership to make sure everything is in check. Were you able to find anything yourself? We hope everything is good to go.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service