Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Flaminbird

Drives: 2000 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Flaminbird
Let's have our December Rally at Radley :p
Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Let's have our December Rally at Radley :p
That should be interesting...hell edog might do donuts in the parking lot just to piss them off hahaha
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
That should be interesting...hell edog might do donuts in the parking lot just to piss them off hahaha
Sounds like a plan lets do it.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Ive lost the desire to do anything for their dealership. Maybe at the ford dealership next door. That would send a. Message.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Ohhh donuts at a ford dealership....IM GAME LMAO
Old 11-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #20
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I know your stomach was turning until you got out and looked.
Hell I just about did number 2 in my pants haha, Lets raid a ford dealership lol
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Sucks to hear Edog. They were the first place I went and saw a camaro and could get in to it, but then got the markup speach and decided I would look elsewhere.

It surprises me that dealers would be schmucks when it comes to service, that is where they will make money in the long run anyways. Selling the car only gets them a fraction of what they can make servicing a car over the long run. Even if you are running the shop just for profit, it doesn't make good business sense.

Glad to hear Luck took care of you.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #22
BluGoose2

Drives: Aqua Blue 2SS/RS, Silver Rally
Yikes n away!

Edog, I just picked-up my Goose2 this month from Radley. I'm from the Triangle area and their five time worse than Radley, that's why I ended up there. Of course I have not had any servicing problems so far but I will keep my eye's and ear's open.

I agree, if we do not keep the bad dealership on the radar no one will. Stay alert, stay alive.
BluGoose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #23
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Maybe since you bought there they will treat you better. I hope you only paid MSRP.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #24
NYG71
VIN#9800413

Drives: GBA '15 ZL1 & GBA '13 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
OK, here is my rant!

I go in to order my car back in October 2008. I am their first order. I get hit with a 2500 markup. I keep looking and find a different dealer (Luck Chevrolet in Ashland Va) who is ordering and selling the car at MSRP. I call Radley, they took less than 1 minute to call back and tell me to come pick up my deposit. I did, and water under the bridge.
They are 5 minutes away from my home, so I start taking in to them for service instead of driving 50 minutes to my dealer. I take it to them for my ambient lighting and a clunking noise from the front when I back up on a slope or turn the wheel from a stand still. The lights on the two panels do not match. They replace the light because the service manager was not listening. Afterwords the same issue. They say "sorry, you are just being to picky". We are not going to fix it. If GM denies the claim they will be out the money. I call GM and they call my original dealer and want me to take it back there. Radley also told me they told me they did not heae any noise in the front. So I say, "it will break, and I will be back then".
I choose not to take it back to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va. There service department is too big to take care of people properly. They just do not listen. So, I need an oil change now. I call my dealer (luck Chevrolet in Ashland VA) and schedule for maintenance. I bring WKDFIRE in and drop it off. I inform them of the issues I have been having and they state they will check it for me.
Here is the big difference in service. Luck Chevrolet asked me questions to determine root cause. They asked me to come back to the bay to make sure the issue was what they thought it was, and they ordered the parts to fix it when they could not see any reason why it was not right. The clunking noise has a PI from GM, so they ordered two struts, and will install them when they arrive. The ambient lighting was not acceptable to them, and after verifying the issue and checking the light tube for proper seating they determined it must be the panels. They ordered them as well and will install them as well.
Radley gets an "F" for there dealership from start to finish in my book. I was talking to a person in the parking lot three days ago. I came out of Bloom and a guy with two kids were circling WKDFIRE like buzzards checking it out. I remote started it, and you just saw the grin go across his face and the kids just said "whoa"! He was talking to me saying he was looking into purchasing one. He just went to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg VA and they would not let him test drive it. They told him they just do not let people test drive the Camaros and Corvettes. They told him if he wanted to order one he could get MSRP pricing, but if he wanted to buy the one on the lot with 800 miles on it he would need to pay 2500 markup.
The guy was disgusted with them and reserved to the fact it was not time to buy a Camaro. He would stick to his trucks he is accustomed to. I informed him about Camaro5 and CamaroScotty. I also informed him about Jim Hogge at Luck Chevrolet. I told him Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is a poor dealership in all aspects, and by shifting where he shops he should have a renewed faith in GM. I let him check out the car and I went home.

I just do not understand why some dealerships will see a problem and not fix it. I had a discussion with Karen Radley herself. I guess it is how she wants the dealership to run. I know it is successful, but at the cost to it's customers. Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is in it for the money only, and the customer service is very lacking. Good luck and good riddance. I will not be going back unless my car is required to be towed there due to it being the closest spot from where it dies!
Things like this erks me. A similar situation happened to me at Jerry Chevrolet in Leesburg. I brought my car in to fix the issue with the radio firmware/software upgrade since my iPhone wasn't being detected as I attach it to the usb port. Anyways, Camaro5 member Lectra70 took her same issue to Pohanka Chevy and they fixed it. So I informed Jerry's Chevy of the fix and they said "Go to Pohanka since they fixed it before." Whoa???

I'd be better off had I brought a 10+ yrs old car so that they can overhaul the drum-braking system.

At least they could have told me the truth and that it wasn't in their best interest to file a service report and to get off their fat ass to research what Pohanka Chevy figured out.

Wow. Thanks man. That's why your dealership is closing, short-timer!

It's annoying as hell that people like that give the GM product a bad name. THIS is why people buy imports. If you have individuals that have that attitude building, selling, and servicing your car, then the product will suffer image wise. I mean look at BMW, I am sure everyone knows that they fly their customers to Germany to pick up their car.

Needless to say I just walked out and didn't look back. I will say this, if I see the same individuals at another establishment I will give them a bad review. I'll walk out again.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #25
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG71 View Post
Things like this erks me. A similar situation happened to me at Jerry Chevrolet in Leesburg. I brought my car in to fix the issue with the radio firmware/software upgrade since my iPhone wasn't being detected as I attach it to the usb port. Anyways, Camaro5 member Lectra70 took her same issue to Pohanka Chevy and they fixed it. So I informed Jerry's Chevy of the fix and they said "Go to Pohanka since they fixed it before." Whoa???

I'd be better off had I brought a 10+ yrs old car so that they can overhaul the drum-braking system.

At least they could have told me the truth and that it wasn't in their best interest to file a service report and to get off their fat ass to research what Pohanka Chevy figured out.

Wow. Thanks man. That's why your dealership is closing, short-timer!

It's annoying as hell that people like that give the GM product a bad name. THIS is why people buy imports. If you have individuals that have that attitude building, selling, and servicing your car, then the product will suffer image wise. I mean look at BMW, I am sure everyone knows that they fly their customers to Germany to pick up their car.

Needless to say I just walked out and didn't look back. I will say this, if I see the same individuals at another establishment I will give them a bad review. I'll walk out again.
This is a reason why SOME GM dealerships will not be in business as time goes on. The first cut of dealerships was for sales volume. There's a second wave gonna hit at some point for dealerships that can't deliver the postive customer service stats. Go to any reputable dealer that cares about service and they will go way above your expectation to receive a positive feedback on their service surveys GM sends out. It's coming folks... just a matter of time. I had a TPM service indicator on mine. I go to the service counter and the service writer says it will be about an hour until a mechanic can look at it as most of them were at lunch. The Service Manager comes out of his office, says he'll take a look at it and at least get a diagnostic going. Ten minutes later it's fixed. Pressure sensors needed reset. Now it was an easy fix with the electronic sensor reset box (which is wireless!!) but he took the point on it. Where else do you get that? BTW my dealership is Dominion Chevrolet in Richmond. You want good service... give them a try.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #26
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
OK, here is my rant!

I go in to order my car back in October 2008. I am their first order. I get hit with a 2500 markup. I keep looking and find a different dealer (Luck Chevrolet in Ashland Va) who is ordering and selling the car at MSRP. I call Radley, they took less than 1 minute to call back and tell me to come pick up my deposit. I did, and water under the bridge.
They are 5 minutes away from my home, so I start taking in to them for service instead of driving 50 minutes to my dealer. I take it to them for my ambient lighting and a clunking noise from the front when I back up on a slope or turn the wheel from a stand still. The lights on the two panels do not match. They replace the light because the service manager was not listening. Afterwords the same issue. They say "sorry, you are just being to picky". We are not going to fix it. If GM denies the claim they will be out the money. I call GM and they call my original dealer and want me to take it back there. Radley also told me they told me they did not heae any noise in the front. So I say, "it will break, and I will be back then".
I choose not to take it back to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va. There service department is too big to take care of people properly. They just do not listen. So, I need an oil change now. I call my dealer (luck Chevrolet in Ashland VA) and schedule for maintenance. I bring WKDFIRE in and drop it off. I inform them of the issues I have been having and they state they will check it for me.
Here is the big difference in service. Luck Chevrolet asked me questions to determine root cause. They asked me to come back to the bay to make sure the issue was what they thought it was, and they ordered the parts to fix it when they could not see any reason why it was not right. The clunking noise has a PI from GM, so they ordered two struts, and will install them when they arrive. The ambient lighting was not acceptable to them, and after verifying the issue and checking the light tube for proper seating they determined it must be the panels. They ordered them as well and will install them as well.
Radley gets an "F" for there dealership from start to finish in my book. I was talking to a person in the parking lot three days ago. I came out of Bloom and a guy with two kids were circling WKDFIRE like buzzards checking it out. I remote started it, and you just saw the grin go across his face and the kids just said "whoa"! He was talking to me saying he was looking into purchasing one. He just went to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg VA and they would not let him test drive it. They told him they just do not let people test drive the Camaros and Corvettes. They told him if he wanted to order one he could get MSRP pricing, but if he wanted to buy the one on the lot with 800 miles on it he would need to pay 2500 markup.
The guy was disgusted with them and reserved to the fact it was not time to buy a Camaro. He would stick to his trucks he is accustomed to. I informed him about Camaro5 and CamaroScotty. I also informed him about Jim Hogge at Luck Chevrolet. I told him Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is a poor dealership in all aspects, and by shifting where he shops he should have a renewed faith in GM. I let him check out the car and I went home.

I just do not understand why some dealerships will see a problem and not fix it. I had a discussion with Karen Radley herself. I guess it is how she wants the dealership to run. I know it is successful, but at the cost to it's customers. Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is in it for the money only, and the customer service is very lacking. Good luck and good riddance. I will not be going back unless my car is required to be towed there due to it being the closest spot from where it dies!
Why are you surprised? If they are slime in the showroom, did you think they would have a different owner or management in the service department. A scum dealer is a scum dealer through and through.

GM should have used customer surveys to close dealerships not geographic location, population numbers or household income.

There is a reason I'm travailing 600 miles to get a car. It sucks but I will not deal with the games. I'm not looking foward to service for the car.

Good luck.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #27
jonm38

Drives: 2016 Siliverado LT. Camaro SS
Radley, hummmmmmmmm, How about Dan Vaden Chevrolet in Savannah, GA. In 2008, I was driving through South Carolinia and just entering GA. The 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid's transmission blew. Tranny fluid all over then right side of the truck. It took 2 days to get out of GA. I was towed to downtown Savannah, GA, the towing company took the truck to the wrong dealer, this dealer only worked on F350, 3500, and bigger, about 11AM, didn't eat breakfast, didn't eat, lunch, the truck was being daignosed at 2pm. Then at 3pm, we knew what was going on. The transmission was done, the tranny cooler had to be replaced. There was countless parts that had to be replaced. About 3:30pm, was sitting down to deal another truck. I had to BUY my way out of GA. $24,000 later, I was on the road. Dan Vaden Chevy, said it would take a week to get all the parts in for the 2006 Silverado. I had to buy a new truck to leave GA. So, I have already paid that $2000.00. Over the past 2 years, I have spent $64,000.00 on 2 vehicles. I think everywhere they are charging markups, even at a relative, family member dealership in Florida.

Quote:
OK, here is my rant!

USN - 1990 - 1994

2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
jonm38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #28
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I got the markup speech as well when I went to Radley... F that... I walked out! I have heard nothing but bad things about them!

So lemme ask ya this guys from the Fredericksburg... where's the next closest "good" dealership for service?

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote