Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
FishirOne

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Left Rear Tail lights not working

Hey so just an hour ago when I was turning left, I hit the indicator left, clicked three times than gave me a "Check left rear indicator" message and the clicks got faster. I checked the rear of car and the left side tail lamps and the left rear side markers weren't working.

Until now they haven't worked. I checked the manual for this message, and it tells me to change the light bulb. However, the tail lights, both of them and the side marker aren't working. So I doubt it's all three bulbs going bad..

Maybe a fuse?

Any suggestions?
FishirOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Open the trunk, pull the three black pins on the black cover over the tail lights by finding a real thin screw driver or butter knive if you dont have the trim pull tools, to slowly pry up the center of the pin, after it's half way up the whole black tab will pull out. Take the cover off and look inside you can get to all of the lights real easy as well as the wires and connectors. But I think your right, if they all went out at the same time, it sounds like the main connector going to that area. I do not believe the left and right are fused separately. If they are, this would be the first car I have ever owned that fused the tail lights separately. it's possible that a short in one bulb blew all three since bulbs are really like big fuses, they will blow first With their thin fillimant before the short gets all the way back to the fuse sometimes. If you have been driving onthe rain lately, I would check the bulbs first and especially that SIDEMARKER one, make sure it sits in there tight!
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
FishirOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Open the trunk, pull the three black pins on the black cover over the tail lights by finding a real thin screw driver or butter knive if you dont have the trim pull tools, to slowly pry up the center of the pin, after it's half way up the whole black tab will pull out. Take the cover off and look inside you can get to all of the lights real easy as well as the wires and connectors. But I think your right, if they all went out at the same time, it sounds like the main connector going to that area. I do not believe the left and right are fused separately. If they are, this would be the first car I have ever owned that fused the tail lights separately. it's possible that a short in one bulb blew all three since bulbs are really like big fuses, they will blow first With their thin fillimant before the short gets all the way back to the fuse sometimes. If you have been driving onthe rain lately, I would check the bulbs first and especially that SIDEMARKER one, make sure it sits in there tight!
Could it be a fuse?
I checked the bulbs and the wiring and all is well..

I referred to the manual but I can't for the life of me find the Tail light fuse.
I see 6 front headlight fuses and everything else in the car except for the taillight fuse....
Old 11-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
FishirOne

Got it workin!
It was a loose wire in the right side tail lights..
Right side, who would've known..
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Great ! this is good to know for the next guy down the road with a similar problem. Post a pic if you can.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote