Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Sounds like it is going to rock. I have just a CAI, X-Pipe and GMPP mufflers and put down 336 average on 3 runs in 95 degree heat last summer. Vengance tells me with CAM and headers they will have me at 440. Still saving up the 6K for the big upgrade.

It was nice to see me pull harder that some other L99's there on the dyno day we had.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Sounds like it is going to rock. I have just a CAI, X-Pipe and GMPP mufflers and put down 336 average on 3 runs in 95 degree heat last summer. Vengance tells me with CAM and headers they will have me at 440. Still saving up the 6K for the big upgrade.

It was nice to see me pull harder that some other L99's there on the dyno day we had.
Seems as though just a few mods getting these engines breathing and it starts increasing the HP gains right away. Not to say that some of these breathing techniques aren't expensive. I dropped about $3K on the exhaust and my upgrades this week, like your quote are right about $6K. So there's almost 10 large on better air. But, the payoff for us gear heads is nothing short of automotive-orgasmic.

I'm hoping for the same numbers on HP. I'm already at 344RWHP, the cam is quoted as adding 80HP peak, and my tuner and mechanic told me today that the GMPP heads and a cam usually net close to 100HP total. Adding the CAI and UD pulley and maybe even a little out of the torque converter since it's lighter I should be able to, or at least hoping to get to the 450-460 RWHP mark. More pictures and videos will definitely be coming soon.

The next round of video will come after the build when I get my new beastly car down to the track. Time to see what 1/4 mile and 60ft numbers I'm going to hit.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Thanks! Just got the Camaro loaded up and will be off to Vegas in the morning. Pretty freakin stoked!! Here's a pic of my baby on the trailer, loaded behind my other baby (Dodge 6.7 liter Cummins).

Attachment 345855

Will definitely get ahold of you guys about some other performance mods. Thanks for the email..

This is pretty humorous. So I get this Uhaul car hauler. I pull the Camaro up onto the hauler and notice I can't get the door open to get out. So, I take my big 6'-4", 260 pound butt and try to crawl through the window. Not happenin through those little slits Camaro's call windows. So we open the door as far as it will go (about 8 inches) and I'm able to squeeze out, after I take my pants off (so the rivets don't jack up my doors). If you could have only seen this. So after 20 minutes of scratching my head, contemplating having my wife crawl through the trunk access, I start to wonder how this is going to work. Then, it dawns on me. I used one of these trailers before but it was a long time ago. I look at the fenders onthe trailer and the blasted things un-latch and fold down! OMG how funny and stupid did I feel all at the same time! Seriously, I promise, I'm really not as stupid as I just made myself look. But, needless to say, fenders down, the door opened all the way and I finished up loading the Camaro. HAHA!
Hey Jordan, I tried calling your business and just got a series of answering machines and "Leave a Message" prompts. There was another shop in Sandy that installed E-Force superchargers back when I was looking at those. I could NEVER get these people on the phone and they were hardly ever at their store. Sorry, I'm just old fashioned and believe in talking to human beings. Let me know what your hours are, when you might be around, and I'll try and call back. I'm interested in your options on gearing. Talk to you later..
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Nice build! All that extra power should help to put a smile on your face! Looking forward to seeing that SIM beast at the track!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Hey Jordan, I tried calling your business and just got a series of answering machines and "Leave a Message" prompts. There was another shop in Sandy that installed E-Force superchargers back when I was looking at those. I could NEVER get these people on the phone and they were hardly ever at their store. Sorry, I'm just old fashioned and believe in talking to human beings. Let me know what your hours are, when you might be around, and I'll try and call back. I'm interested in your options on gearing. Talk to you later..
I apologize. We were out to lunch; we've been buried the last few weeks getting our Halo packages shipping and in the shop. We're actually wrapping up an L99 Conversion now with one of our Blower Cams as well. I always return calls so please be sure to leave a message if you happen to get the machine again. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I apologize. We were out to lunch; we've been buried the last few weeks getting our Halo packages shipping and in the shop. We're actually wrapping up an L99 Conversion now with one of our Blower Cams as well. I always return calls so please be sure to leave a message if you happen to get the machine again. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215
Hey Jordan,

i'm off to work but am off tomorrow and the next 4 days. I'll give you a call. When I pull the Camaro back to Utah next week perhaps I'll stop by on the way home and check out the shop. Talk to you soon.

Ken
Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPPLECHARGED View Post
Nice build! All that extra power should help to put a smile on your face! Looking forward to seeing that SIM beast at the track!
thanks WHIPPLECHARGED! I look forward to the track as well. Although I don't plan on getting in a lane with you and your SC monster car. Would be fun to run though and see how the car does with the current mods being done. What nights to you go out to the track? I'm assuming the Nevada Speedway? I would love to run it in the 1/4 before I take it back to Utah to see how it does here compared to home.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
SixGracing

Stopped by the shop today to see how the car was coming along. Pretty shocking to see the entire front end and tranny out of my car and sitting on a cart. But they are making progress. They installed the new valley tray removing the DOD junk. Installed the TSP Cam, front cover and the SLP UD Pulley. They are waiting on the GMPP Heads which should go on tomorrow. Once they're done there they will work on the Yank 2800 TC. Get it all re-installed into the car and work on the Trans cooler, Roto-Fab CAI, 160* thermostat etc.. and then the tune. I'm going to make sure I'm there to watch the tune. Getting pretty excited. Here are some pictures of the "Reaper" all torn apart. :(

Name:  Car Front.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  268.3 KB

Name:  Engine Side.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  276.1 KB

Name:  Engine tran.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  299.7 KB

Name:  UD Pulley.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  224.0 KB

Name:  Underneathe car.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  212.2 KB

Name:  Valley tray.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  281.9 KB

Name:  parts.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  246.0 KB

Name:  DSCF2602.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  DSCF2620.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  120.6 KB

Name:  DSCF2621.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2631.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  DSCF2634.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2633.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  DSCF2638.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  DSCF2639.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  103.4 KB

Last edited by SixGracing; 07-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #23
SixGracing

You can also view this build on the the Fairway Chevy Speed Shops blog that Sam puts togehter. My build is titled "Fear the Reaper".. Pretty awesome stuff here. Thanks Sam.

http://thespeedshopatfairwaychevrolet.blogspot.com/
Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #24
SixGracing

C'mon, admit it, thems some sexy headers!!

Name:  Headers.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  162.8 KB
Old 03-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Quote:
thanks WHIPPLECHARGED! I look forward to the track as well. Although I don't plan on getting in a lane with you and your SC monster car. Would be fun to run though and see how the car does with the current mods being done. What nights to you go out to the track? I'm assuming the Nevada Speedway? I would love to run it in the 1/4 before I take it back to Utah to see how it does here compared to home.
The only track day for street cars in March is on the 16th. The track is on Speedway BLVD. The last exit on the I15 when leaving town towards Utah.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPPLECHARGED View Post
The only track day for street cars in March is on the 16th. The track is on Speedway BLVD. The last exit on the I15 when leaving town towards Utah.
Oh damn, I don't think the car will be done by then. Thanks for the info. Maybe sometime in April.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
SixGracing

The torque converter didn't come in today but we're hoping for tomorrow. It's time to get the Reaper back together so we can get it on the dyno and start crankin out the hp. Cannot wait to get my car back.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #28
SixGracing

Still no TC but for sure Monday. Hoping to get it installed and tuned up by Monday afternoon. Stay posted for the final Dyno video.