Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Thumbs up Showstoppers - Awesome!

http://www.showstopperaccessories.com/

As some of you know, the rear-end body of my car was destroyed in a serious hit-and-run action back in May. I had never been in an accident before, and like many of you, I had serious money in my car and wanted to ensure the best body work was done.

I had no contacts in the autobody world, so I reached out to the forum, and many people suggested Pete at Showstoppers. After seeing the wave of positive support, I decided to go all in and let Showstoppers handle getting my car back to show-car status.

To summarize/cliff notes, Pete and his team met or exceeded my expectations in every aspect. Extremely positive experience!

When I first talked to Pete, he answered all my questions and stayed in touch with me to ensure I was comfortable with the process. He really went above and beyond to make sure everything was organized before they even got the car.

Pete even sent a truck to pick-up my car at my home. The driver he sent had experience with lowered cars, and did a great job getting my car on the flatbed without dragging the front end. Really great attention to detail.

The original driver forgot to take the rear end with him, which was dettached in the accident, and Pete and his dad sent another driver the same day to pick-up the bumper as well. Pete did all this on my schedule and there was no inconvenience whatsoever. Everything happened very timely.

Once Pete had my car, he paid attention to every detail. He made sure to track down all the parts on had on my car, right down to the license plate frame!

I was also on vacation during the repair, and Pete worked with me once again to schedule a pick-up date that worked with my schedule. It just so happened to be the day of his open house.

When I got to the facility, there were already several other very nice Camaros in the lot. Some of the cars were customers of Pete which he had done some custom work for. They looked amazing! When I finally tracked down my car and saw the work, I felt great. I was relieved, excited and happy once again. The accident killed some of my passion for auto enthusiasm, but seeing my car back to 100% quickly brought it back.

I spoke with the team and with Pete. Very friendly, as I had imagined. We talked about the cars and the work done on mine, and it was a great environment. The guys truly have a passion for their work and take great pride in it - And well they should. The custom work they do is simply flawless and looks great.

When I drove the car home, everything felt exactly the same as before the accident. It was almost as if it never happened.

I can't thank Pete enough for everything he has done. My money is burning a hole in my pocket, because I definitely want to go back to Showstoppers for more work after seeing all the cool custom stuff they have done!

I know Pete operates out of St. Charles, IL. But I don't care if you are several states away. I would easily travel 1000 miles to get this level of quality, service, and professionalism.

I strongly recommend Pete and Showstoppers for any of your Camaro autobody needs!
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Agreed...Pete is a beast!
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
+1. Pete does all my body work, great guy to work with. He always came in on a Saturday to accommodate my schedule. He's a great person to bounce ideas off of as we'll. Hopefully I'll have more work for him to do soon.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I had their LED mirrors on my previous SS and they were awesome. everyone always thought the mirrors came from the factory.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
We were so very honored to get you through the process. It is a pleasure working for people who truly appreciate what we do and how we treat customer cars. Thank you for the kind words.
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote