Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #379
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Yes, you did not set the wires all the way in the AC connector.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #380
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman2212 View Post
So almost done with my installation. All the wires run with the exception to the new center console harness. I went to test the new head unit and faceplate and then the problems started. Well its only two problems really. 1st is that neither of the heated seats buttons work. The ac controls function fine. Just not those two buttons.

The second and probably biggest problem is that the screen doesnt come on. The soft touch buttons work because I can hear the radio station change when I touch them, but the display never comes on.

Any ideas?
The heated seats only work when the car is running, did you have it running when you tried it?
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #381
macman2212
Alex

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Yes, you did not set the wires all the way in the AC connector.
Checked, both connectors, all pins in. I actually found the problem to be that the male spade connector crimped to the other end of the white wire was actually a female and wouldnt go into the T-tap. I cut it off and used a male spade I found in my garage. Screen works now. Just have to install the backup cam.

BTW: I found on the backup cam harness (end that plugs into the cam) There is a 22/2 that runs to the head unit for video, but the power just has red and black leads with male spades on them. Was this intended to be t-tapped somewhere? Reverse lights? If so some hints on how to get to their power without removing the rear bumped would be nice.

Quote:
The heated seats only work when the car is running, did you have it running when you tried it?
D'oh Thanks for reminding me. Gonna try that now.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #382
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman2212 View Post
Checked, both connectors, all pins in. I actually found the problem to be that the male spade connector crimped to the other end of the white wire was actually a female and wouldnt go into the T-tap. I cut it off and used a male spade I found in my garage. Screen works now. Just have to install the backup cam.

BTW: I found on the backup cam harness (end that plugs into the cam) There is a 22/2 that runs to the head unit for video, but the power just has red and black leads with male spades on them. Was this intended to be t-tapped somewhere? Reverse lights? If so some hints on how to get to their power without removing the rear bumped would be nice.

D'oh Thanks for reminding me. Gonna try that now.

If you open the trunk, and remove the 2 covers you can run the red wire to the light green on the drivers side connector, and the ground can go on the passenger side to one of the 2 black wires.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #383
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
My Backup cam wires both go to the drivers side. There is no ground on the main harness but there is a ground on each of the turn signal sockets.

And yea I had the same problem with the white wire and the wrong spade connector I too found one in My garage.
And the only reason I remembered about the heated seats is because I did the exact same thing and thought they didn't work until I remembered the car had to be running Lol
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #384
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoChaser View Post
Thanks Ofer! I got it installed, no problems at all. Looks and Works Great!

Just have to figure out whats up with the Backup Camera. Looks Like distorted video, but I verified the MyLink video in is fine.

Update: I Figured out the problem with the Backup Camera, the Signal Pins (Yellow & White on Camera Plug) were reversed in the Video Cable, Just had to reverse the wires in the Video Plug! Now it works fine !
Hey, so what's that you have covering your key fob?? And man those are a BUNCH of keys! LOL!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #385
macman2212
Alex

Drives: 2011 2SS
Alright, everything works flawlessly now.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #386
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
The way GM made the rear harness on a 2010-11there is no ground on that connector, but there is ground on the bulb socket, and i think that's what he did, but i like the way we told you better.
Yes this is what I did. I would have done it the other way had I not jumped in right away and done it before instructions came out.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #387
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnGrad93 View Post
Hey, so what's that you have covering your key fob?? And man those are a BUNCH of keys! LOL!
LOL, It's a cover I got on Amazon.com, but I hated it. Not using it now.

Yeah, Kinda need all of the keys too. But Still no issues with my car's ignition. 2 Camaros in, and no issue yet
Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #388
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Installed mine a couple of days ago and am very happy with it! Sorry I didn't get a picture posted sooner! I do have one question tho?? I did call and have Sirius turn on "Travel Link". Now when I want to find a movie, it won't let me input unless the car is stopped?? I thought all the safety blocks had been removed?? So is this just a function of Sirius or did one of my unlocks get missed??
Attached Images

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #389
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnGrad93 View Post
Installed mine a couple of days ago and am very happy with it! Sorry I didn't get a picture posted sooner! I do have one question tho?? I did call and have Sirius turn on "Travel Link". Now when I want to find a movie, it won't let me input unless the car is stopped?? I thought all the safety blocks had been removed?? So is this just a function of Sirius or did one of my unlocks get missed??
I have a 2014 unit and still have some blocks on.
I can't text or view texts while in motion ( I can listen though )
I can't reply either unless I use Siri.

I believe the unlock was only for nav input and none other.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #390
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
finished my install and everything works great except the display for the backup camera. the screen is blank and says "check surroundings for safety". I have a 2012 and purchased the splitter option to move the backup display from the rear-view mirror to the display on the touchscreen. any ideas?
Old 07-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #391
2SSRS@Gen5diy

how long do you have it? we had a bad batch oh 2012 harness, call us will get it fixed.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #392
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
Ofer,
got the new harness today fro the backup camera, but i'm still getting a blank screen.