Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Need speaker advice

I'm getting a Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 that will add a sub and a 6 channel amp. It's plug and play for install and replaces the factory amp.

What rear, front, center speaker does anyone suggest? Not looking for anything overly expensive...trying to keep to $100-$200 per pair.

I'd like pretty good sound quality at low to medium high volume levels.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
I'd suggest no center speaker. Get rid of the one you have now.

Do you have the BA system? I think you do if you have the factory amp. Pretty sure non BA is powered by the head unit and has no amp, could be wrong on this though.

If you have the BA system, I recommend getting rid of the center speaker, keeping the rears where they are, and these for the fronts: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6.../dp/B000P0R6LQ

Honestly the fronts are going to make the most difference. Rears won't change the sound all that much, plus the BA rears aren't bad at all when powered by a decent amp. The fronts are what matter for car sound imo. Will also save you money on a difference you most likely won't notice.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Thanks, Ben.

Yes...I have the BA system. I have already disconnected the front, but didn't cut the wires in case I want to hook up again.

Thanks for the link...I'll check them out.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Check this out bro, first visit ********.com. Inform yourself about the ******** Exclusive 2010 & Up Camaro Plug & Play Factory Amp Replacement Kit V3.0. It comes with component you're gonna need when swapping out your stock amp and speakers. This is the I DON'T TO CUT ANYTHING ROUTE. Second, get yourself a component set of speaker for the front. Third get a set of 2-way 6x9's speakers for the rear. Both sets can be bought for less than $200 each. Replace the stock speaker amp with whatever brand you want. You should have no issue while using the FARK harness. Fourth, buy a subwoofer box, determine where you want it first. Driver side or passenger it does not make a difference. Your choice. Select a sub, whatever brand you like. Just make sure your new amp for the sub matches your sub RMS. Fifth, and last, determine if this is something you wanna tackle yourself, or have a professional install this system. That sums it all up. You may or may not need a capacitor but only if your lights dim when the bass hits. Enjoy.

Last edited by CreeperRS; 03-15-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Fs
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
As far as the set up you currently have. It resembles the ******** kit. So just follow my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th recommendations only. You may wanna pick up some spaker adapters from ******** since you already have a plug n play set up. Oh, and one last thing. Get a sound processor if you like, it makes whatever system you have sound 100x better.

Last edited by CreeperRS; 03-15-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Fs
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, amp, phoenix, speaker, stereo