Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
outlawprostreet

Drives: 2012 Turbo SS
Afterburner tail lights reliable long term?

I've searched and read numerous threads. Seems the oracle afterburners have a lot of issues. Is there anyone had any good luck with them or another brand? I like the ccfl or plasma continuous type.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I went with the Technostalgia LED sequential lights. Only issue I had early on was the resistor on one of the lights. No issues in 5+ years. Have them on a 2010 SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
Abelardoo_12

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible
Ive had them for a few months and its been good so far, just know that the plasma ones are more delicate and has a higher chance of having led's go out
Abelardoo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #4
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have the angel Demon eyes from amazon LEDs installed for about four months now. Way cheaper than oracle. I got these because I too was worrying about the price, work installing them and the reliability of them. I wanted the plasma but the leds look really good and serve as my signal, tail and brake lights. They are super bright even through my tinted light covers during the day. At $50 if they fail I wont feel to bad or get to upset and replacing them wont cost me my first born.
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I too was wondering about the Afterburner tail lights. I was thinking of getting those as well for my Camaro but have heard the cons seem to outweigh the pros.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #6
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I think careful and meticulous installation is an important factor. Read up on the installation DIY's - you can't bend or crack them as they do not sit flush on the lens.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
I've gone through 3 single afterburner replacements, and now 1 year later, there are dead sections in all four. (Oracle Plasma Afterburners)
I was EXTREMELY careful during the initial installation and replacement of each, and I truly believed that MINE wouldn't have the same problems I read about... Sadly I was wrong. I'm thinking about trying NON plasma ones next time, but I'd rather find a different brand. (Oracle is great replacing them within the warranty period, but it sucks when you KNOW it's going to keep happening)
Old 11-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #8
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
I did my own had them for two years no problem, (oracle) I second what was said you have to be careful when installing them when u do if u bend or crank them it’s where the problem comes
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #9
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
I have replaced mine at least 6+ times. I have a loud subwoofer that will run a led out every 3-6 months. I have the plasma version

Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Cosmetics: ZL1 front conversion, AAC plasma afterburners 2.0, GFX rear,

Interior: AAC red footwells, ZL1 shifter boot/knob, suede center console
sdmaro is offline   Reply With Quote