Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #309
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
I'm still really surprised they haven't added push start ignition to these cars. I mean I see stock low end Kia's and Dodges with push start now...

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #310
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
I'm still really surprised they haven't added push start ignition to these cars. I mean I see stock low end Kia's and Dodges with push start now...
I hate push-to-start. I guess I just feel better knowing that my car needs to be started with a laser-cut key AND a key fob that is programmed to my car, rather than completely relying on a key fob programmed to my car. Plus, with the key, I can at least unlock the door to get in if the fob wasn't working for whatever reason. I dunno, I guess I'm a little oldschool in this regard, and don't want to 'completely' rely on electronics.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #311
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
I like it all.. No more "centralized locking" that was a joke anyway.
I've used it a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
I wish Becky was in New Jersey so that I could buy my Camaro from HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Becky will ship your car anywhere in the US as easily as she would cradle a babe in arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
You can still buy your new car from Becky, just contact here here thru the forum or give her a call she would be happy to help you and she is a great person to deal with, ask anybody !! (c:
These!! Becky is awesome, easiest transaction ever, great communication, and made sure all details were taken care of for delivery to my local dealer. Great 2SS/RS vert purchase from Becky and local delivery experience to southern NH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The interior I.P. has really lost the original theme over the years. All these slow improvements don't seem to be cohesive.
Hylton I have to agree. I can also see where Chevy is coming from, as car mfrs have to have something "new" to offer. The initial 2010 retro redesign was a single wholistic take on bringing the '69 etc. forward. Now, with each progressing year, changes modify that to "something else". Whether that further progression is good or bad is to be decided. :( I'm glad I bought a 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
I hate push-to-start. I guess I just feel better knowing that my car needs to be started with a laser-cut key AND a key fob that is programmed to my car, rather than completely relying on a key fob programmed to my car. Plus, with the key, I can at least unlock the door to get in if the fob wasn't working for whatever reason. I dunno, I guess I'm a little oldschool in this regard, and don't want to 'completely' rely on electronics.
Me too.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #312
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I see the progression as an understanding that retro can't last forever. With everyone doing it, the new is wearing off. The next gen will be a larger mix of old and new. This is the slow progression so it isn't such a shock.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #313
pouncer72
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to pouncer72
Do all the 13s come with elec steering? In for a pulley/ lower engine bay shot
pouncer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #314
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
I really liked the key I had with my G8, but I like the keylessness of my charger even better. I never take the key out of my pocket, and it still has a physical key inside it that I can use to unlock the door just like you mentioned.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #315
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncer72 View Post
Do all the 13s come with elec steering? In for a pulley/ lower engine bay shot
Only the performance oriented models SS, 1LE, ZL1. I don't doubt they will add it to the V6 next year.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #316
RacingSnoopy48

Drives: Nissan quest
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I really liked the key I had with my G8, but I like the keylessness of my charger even better. I never take the key out of my pocket, and it still has a physical key inside it that I can use to unlock the door just like you mentioned.
I would love to have a push start !!!! It was amazing in our taurus!!
RacingSnoopy48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet, camaro, rodgers