Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Had a little fun with an SS today

We were on our way home and this SS is screaming but on the opposite side of the road and he cuts over and pops a u-turn. He gets right up next to us at the red light and revs his engine, he doesn't have a stock exhaust so me and my dad decided it'd be best for us to not rev our engine because it would have been shameful. (Luckily we are going to be putting in a new exhaust soon) but we were riding down the road for a while and he comes up behind us flying go's for a little bit and drops back, just having a good time. WE DID NOT RACE. Just putting thy out there. But it was our first experience in the new camaro so I had to post it. He also had the heritage grill too. And he didn't have stock exhaust at all. Sounded awesome! Anyways had to post about me and my dads first drive with somebody else! It was AWESOME looking forward to more ride with other camaro owners!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
KamaroKid9614

Drives: 98 Camaro V6 White
sounds like an awesome experience!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Gotta love it! Most of the time the other Camaros on the road are stock... at least around here anyways. Never had that experience most of the time the other Camaro drivers don't even look. They must not be C5 members cause everyone on here is awesome!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Dox057

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Gotta love it! Most of the time the other Camaros on the road are stock... at least around here anyways. Never had that experience most of the time the other Camaro drivers don't even look. They must not be C5 members cause everyone on here is awesome!
I wish the people I ran into mostly would be stock. LOL

There is a guy at work who also has a silver ice metallic rs and almost every day I see him out side I get, "C'mon man. When are you gonna do your exhaust" haha
Dox057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I did get a thumbs up from a freaking awesome Corvette the other day. He had his thumb up to the window and was staring at my car as I drove by haha. I waved
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
You should have been around for that first year ('09-10). Back then EVERY other Camaro driver waved at you, and everyone stopped and stared at you. Now, I can hardly ever get a wave back, and the "awesome car" comments are fewer and fewer. But I'll always have that first year......
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
You should have been around for that first year ('09-10). Back then EVERY other Camaro driver waved at you, and everyone stopped and stared at you. Now, I can hardly ever get a wave back, and the "awesome car" comments are fewer and fewer. But I'll always have that first year......
Here in Cali I still get stares and people pointing at my car on freeway. People started looking at my car more with the latest mods of carbon fiber lip and red candy apple calipers(G2 custom paint- best cheap mod by far). As for camaro owners, usually no v6 camaros even try to glance over. Mainly its the v8 owners that take a peek when I roll by.

v6 or v8 its all good man, as long as you have a camaro and you are happy with it!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
usually no v6 camaros even try to glance over. Mainly its the v8 owners that take a peek when I roll by.
I'm assuming that's because most of the V6's on the road are probably just your everyday people who wanted a sporty car & aren't really into mods & all that. As opposed to the V8 owners who are USUALLY more of the car enthusiasts.

I have a V6 & I'll flash the lights/wave at any other camaros I see. I usually only do it to the ones I notice mods on though.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

It was fun, do any of you guys have any stories like this?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
It was fun, do any of you guys have any stories like this?
I came upon a bunch of modded cars the other day when the sun was out. They were everywhere. Ferrari's, Porsche's, tons of Corvette's, and it seemed like every generation of muscle car was out in force. The drivers were friendly and would punch it briefly just to sound off.

The roads were loaded with the sporty/muscle crowd and they were on their best behavior which is something I've never seen before. It's been 9 months since Chicago saw good weather like that and I imagine it was the cause for a smile. No mischief just really cool cars EVERYWHERE!
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
[QUOTE=JN3WMN;6500160]I'm assuming that's because most of the V6's on the road are probably just your everyday people who wanted a sporty car & aren't really into mods & all that. As opposed to the V8 owners who are USUALLY more of the car enthusiasts.

Agree , everybody's into the camaro so there's all types that drives them now but I make eye contact with all
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
No but in my area I usually flash my headlights or throw a wave and 9 times out of 10 i get the same back with other camaro owners.

I dont discriminate agaisnt v6's either!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

I don't ger why people even discriminate against v6's anyways!