Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Exia
Exia

Drives: 2016 2LT RS
Moving up the Chevy Performance Tree

Note: This is a Camaro trade in story. I'm not looking to stir up anything so keep it civil.

My Camaro was my first car purchase and a gateway into the world of sports cars. I love the 6th generation as much as the rest of you however after a few months of ownership and getting more into cars I discovered the new (well not so much now) Corvette and knew immediately that it would be my next vehicle after the Camaro.

I really do love what Chevy has done with its performance cars in the last 5 years, I would have never considered a 5th gen Camaro or a 6th gen Corvette. The Camaro and Corvette look amazing, have nice interiors and blow the competition away in performance for a great price, can't go wrong with either!

After awhile I realized I most likely would not wait the realistic 7-8 years to get the most out of the Camaro before going into a Corvette. I have other goals in the next 4 years and trading to a Corvette at the same time would be a bit much. I realized I could trade up within a year now and still maintain all my goals over the next 4 years. If the numbers work why not?

So on Wednesday I went down to the dealership and placed an order for a 2018 Corvette with an estimated Spring arrival. I plan to enjoy the Camaro until the new year and then try to sell it before the arrival date. If I can't sell it then I'll just trade it in.

I've enjoyed meeting some of you guys at events and I'm sure I will still be dropping by the forums to see whats new in the Camaro world after delivery.

I will still wave if I ever cross paths with a Camaro and I hope you guys will too
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
LuvMI

Drives: 2016 2LT RS, V6, sunroof, NPP
Congrats on the move! I too dealt with the same revelation and conclusion. I was satisfied with my 15 LT then the gen6 came out and suddenly I needed more everything. Guess you could say the gen6 unleashed the beast from within. The 2SS is my next destination tho. Still I hope you enjoy it. Those 18 vette's sitting on showroom floors are amazing in every way.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
If you are going to a Corvette then check out www.corvetteforum.com A lot of cool people and great info over there.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Heck yeah great call!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I'm interest in a Laguna Blue mid-engine Corvette

Mods: XPEL - Hood, Bumper, & Side Mirrors
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
devnull

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Ive owned 5 vettes, including a C7... You are making an awesome move!

The Camaro is awesome, but I'm with you on the vette too!
Matthew 25:40
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
What a WAIT that will be! At least You have the Camaro to keep You happy untill the Corvette comes in.

Congratulations.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
Exia
Exia

Drives: 2016 2LT RS
The one thing I truly believe I will miss from the Camaro is the vents. I absolutely love the Camaro's center stack vents. They look good, they have great feel and their incredibly functional.

It seems odd but I guarantee if I ever look at the Corvette and say, what do I miss about the Camaro, it would be without a doubt the A/C vents. Corvette needs some classy vents.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
devnull

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
The one thing I truly believe I will miss from the Camaro is the vents. I absolutely love the Camaro's center stack vents. They look good, they have great feel and their incredibly functional.

It seems odd but I guarantee if I ever look at the Corvette and say, what do I miss about the Camaro, it would be without a doubt the A/C vents. Corvette needs some classy vents.
Iíll trade the vents for the retractable infotainment screen!

Very cool things can fit behind that screen (G43)
Matthew 25:40
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #10
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 2017 1LS RS HBM, V6, 6M, NPP, Bose
Congratulations man that's very impressive I imagine you're going to really enjoy that Corvette
IMadeYouReadThis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #11
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'd trade in a heartbeat but don't want the extra payment.

Enjoy. I spent a weekend with one and enjoyed every minute of it. To be honest it doesn't drive all that different than my SS but it has that vibe to it and I love the removable top.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #12
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Once my kiddos are older and not interested in fun rides in daddy's car, I will make the move to a Corvette. Most likely whatever is the GS equivalent when the time comes. But having better than Z51 performance with a back seat is pretty sweet in the meantime lol...

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #13
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Iíll trade the vents for the retractable infotainment screen!

Very cool things can fit behind that screen (G43)
I was just telling my wife tonight while we in the Camaro how I wish the infotainment screen went up like her Tahoe. I can fit a G42, Ray Bans and EZ-Pass in there.

Instagram: @jb585
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #14
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
No one should give you grief.

I wanted another Vette. She said Camaro. You know the rest.....
Attached Images

Next: Headers/cats/tune
Royal Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote