Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Moved Thread - '07 Avalanche for sale in GTA

Ok so the mods moved the below thread to the classifieds section, and rightfully so. But I originally put it here since obviously it makes sense to offer this truck to local members. Anyway, have a look and let me know if you're interested.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72097

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
Hmmm...I've seen a few things for sale in the Canada section...maybe it's time for a Canadian Classified sticky? I think it would be pretty rare for a U.S. member to buy something from Canada and ship it south.

Nice truck BTW.

Ken
Old 03-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Hmmm...I've seen a few things for sale in the Canada section...maybe it's time for a Canadian Classified sticky? I think it would be pretty rare for a U.S. member to buy something from Canada and ship it south.

Nice truck BTW.

Ken
I was thinking the same thing.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Reality is, a Canadian classifieds section makes no more sense than one for California or any other region. Actually, in some ways it makes less sense because this is one of the largest physical regions on the site so offering to 'locals' does not mean a whole lot. People in Buffalo are a whole lot closer to Mississauga than people in Vancouver.

Other sections have the same situation with cars and parts getting advertised in the regional areas. We try to keep on top of it, but things slip through the cracks.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
I'm guilty too Scott, I have my mufflers in the Canadian section as I would really like to sell locally and not have to deal with shipping them.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Reality is, a Canadian classifieds section makes no more sense than one for California or any other region. Actually, in some ways it makes less sense because this is one of the largest physical regions on the site so offering to 'locals' does not mean a whole lot. People in Buffalo are a whole lot closer to Mississauga than people in Vancouver.

Other sections have the same situation with cars and parts getting advertised in the regional areas. We try to keep on top of it, but things slip through the cracks.
I don't entirely agree with this. Physical size is only one factor and when it comes to buying and selling, its a minor factor. Because of the duties, taxes, inspections, paperwork and hassle, it would be easier (and cheaper) to buy a vehicle in Ontario and drive it to BC than it would be to import it into the US. And similarly for Mat's mufflers, it would make much more sense for someone local to buy them so they could pick them up rather than shipping them.

Anyhoo, as long as we can put a "pointer" thread in this section that gets the classified post in front of the right audience.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
I don't entirely agree with this. Physical size is only one factor and when it comes to buying and selling, its a minor factor. Because of the duties, taxes, inspections, paperwork and hassle, it would be easier (and cheaper) to buy a vehicle in Ontario and drive it to BC than it would be to import it into the US. And similarly for Mat's mufflers, it would make much more sense for someone local to buy them so they could pick them up rather than shipping them.

Anyhoo, as long as we can put a "pointer" thread in this section that gets the classified post in front of the right audience.
I don't entirely agree with this also. Scott made the point. I would buy used rims from someone in Alberta but I would not even consider buying used anything from the US because of the border hassle. A Canadian Clasified is more than justified.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter

Last edited by BLACK67; 03-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Your selling the Avy?! That truck is beautiful....
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Ok so the mods moved the below thread to the classifieds section, and rightfully so. But I originally put it here since obviously it makes sense to offer this truck to local members. Anyway, have a look and let me know if you're interested.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72097
Well Edmunds says that the value....... oh wait a minute....
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Your selling the Avy?! That truck is beautiful....
Buying a new one.... I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Well Edmunds says that the value....... oh wait a minute....