Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #29
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Hey Oldlugs go somewhere else with your Mustang pictures. No one really cares on this board if I saw that Mustang I wouldnt give it a second look -1. Because all Mustangs look the same even if it is a Shelby, 2. The wheels dont look very nice with the multiple spokes, 3. Its the same car design since 2005 nothing to look at to say the least. And IF that car really was in the $80,000 price range you got ripped off BIG TIME NO Mustang is worth that much money when you can buy a Corvette that is way faster and nicer looking. The cheap plastic mirrors are one of the things I hate about Mustangs that was a good reaction to the pic lol.
Are there any major design changes slated for the upcoming production years on the Camaro?? I'm just asking because if I remember right, the 4th Gen Camaros basically looked the same for years. Same with the 3rd Gen Camaros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
If you drive a muscle/pony car, and you keep it clean, the compliments will come. People like these cars. But if you have to brag about the compliments online, you're a loser.
^^This...I have an almost 18 yr old Mustang. I try to wash it every week and it is garaged when not being driven. It's showing it's age on various spots of the exterior and interior but I constantly get compliments about how clean it is. I'm sure guys with 3rd Gen Camaros, that take care of them, get the exact same compliments
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFast View Post

Uumm, yeah......
Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA what was the giveaway, being a mustang owner and being on a CAMARO thread?!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #32
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
HAHAHAHAHA what was the giveaway, being a mustang owner and being on a CAMARO thread?!
You read it out of context. Uumm yeah = WTF??
The cute little photo with supporting caption made absolutely no sense in relation to 1bad65's comments. You do realize you're in the VERSUS section where these conversations take place right??
Old 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
You're on to something. There's definately cubic-inch envy or something going on around here...
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #34
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
You're on to something. There's definately cubic-inch envy or something going on around here...
That's it!! Man I'm so glad you brought that up because it actually keeps me awake at night...
Old 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #35
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Just when I think I've received the last compliment on my Camaro, I get another one. And this one was the best:

Coming out of a convenient store after I payed for gas, 2 young girls in a small 4 door sedan said "Is that your car?"
"Yes" I replied.
Then one of the girls said "How does somebody get lucky enough to have a car like that!"

Stang, Challenger, and all the rest ... eat you freakin hearts out.

Camaro - 8 zillion
The Rest - 0
(okay, maybe 1)
just try not to end up on "how to catch a predator" ok?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #36
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
just try not to end up on "how to catch a predator" ok?
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he meant older than 17 but younger than 25. There was a guy on Challengerforums bragging about a 15 yr old girl drooling over his Challenger. So as to make himself seem even creepier, he mentioned the long look on the face of her teen b/f
Old 08-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #37
chain777

Drives: Slow
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #38
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

^^ YES!! Chris Hansen rules!!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Some of you guys are pretty funny.. Not ha-ha funny, just funny.
I posted the pic of my KR in response to the "eat your heart out" comment. I'm not eating my heart out; I bought what I wanted. Yes, I could have just as well bought the 'vette, but I wouldn't get my kids in the back of one; would I? ..and to those who think the KR was overpriced, I say, who cares? I own it, you don't...and yes, it does get a few compliments as well. If all 'stangs you see look the same to you, you're just not an enthusiast. I promise you would be looking out for a KR or SuperSnake on the open highway, and learn quickly how they differ from base model Mustangs, should we decide to play. This car is an absolute blast to drive, just as your Camaros probably are.
I went to a nearby Chevy dealer, sat in a new '10 2SS, and decided the blind-spot made it a no go. The Mustangs were more to my liking, so they're what I bought.

Oh - and here's another picture from last Sunday's drive in the Sierras.
I would have loved to see a new Z/28 in the picture too.

oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #40
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Some of you guys are pretty funny.. Not ha-ha funny, just funny.
I posted the pic of my KR in response to the "eat your heart out" comment. I'm not eating my heart out; I bought what I wanted. Yes, I could have just as well bought the 'vette, but I wouldn't get my kids in the back of one; would I? ..and to those who think the KR was overpriced, I say, who cares? I own it, you don't...and yes, it does get a few compliments as well. If all 'stangs you see look the same to you, you're just not an enthusiast. I promise you would be looking out for a KR or SuperSnake on the open highway, and learn quickly how they differ from base model Mustangs, should we decide to play. This car is an absolute blast to drive, just as your Camaros probably are.
I went to a nearby Chevy dealer, sat in a new '10 2SS, and decided the blind-spot made it a no go. The Mustangs were more to my liking, so they're what I bought.

Oh - and here's another picture from last Sunday's drive in the Sierras.
I would have loved to see a new Z/28 in the picture too.

My fav was the guy in California that called you out with all of his aftermarket mods, like the blower. Throw a pulley and tune on your Shelby and it's game over
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #41
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
LMAO im sure this guy has a meeting scheduled with the OP for the near future.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
My fav was the guy in California that called you out with all of his aftermarket mods, like the blower. Throw a pulley and tune on your Shelby and it's game over
HA HA HA OR I JUST UP THE SHOT ON MY NOS AND....... WELL THEN ITS GAME OVER

OH AND REEF YOU SHOULD HAVE READ MY SIG BETTER .. NO BLOWER HERE
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote